Thread: Gyro questions

RC Qualifier

Gyro questions

Hey guys got a gyro for my xo-1 And was wondering where and how do I place it on the car or if I actually need one at all?

RC Qualifier
    You want it up tward the front of the car. A couple of dude's on here have already done that. I tried it and didn't like it at all, thats just me though. Takes all the fun out of driving that thing realy.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah it would, but I need all the help I can get haha thanks gene il give it a crack!

RC Qualifier
    Just so you know it will take a little time to get used to the countersteer of the gyro. That was my problem is i wanted 100% control of the car. Good luck.

RC Qualifier

Kind of like this?

RC Qualifier
    Correct! Thats exactly where i had mine mounted. Did try the e sky and the HPI d-box.

RC Qualifier
    Find any difference?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandee View Post
    Hey guys got a gyro for my xo-1 And was wondering where and how do I place it on the car or if I actually need one at all?
    It doesn't really matter where you place it as long as you tune it for the mounting location it will work fine. It works by detecting motion & it has no idea where it is relation to wheels, front or back...

RC Qualifier
    I jumped the gun and purchased a headlocking gyro back in febuary .. was told its better for drag racing as opposed to making it look like I know how to drift.. but I could never figure it out as the front wheels were so jittery
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandee View Post
    Find any difference?
    The e sky was better in sensitivity the d box was to jittery. You know you shoud incorperate some wings into that car if your going to get airborne with it, lol! Sorry about your crash dude, hows that gyro working out for ya still?