Thread: Mmp 2400 owners

RC Competitor

Mmp 2400 owners

Hello everyone,

I'm going to tune the mmp ESC in the software for the first time, any suggestions ?

Does the ESC fan suppose to work all the time, because mine works on and off ?

Thank you.

RC Qualifier
    Good choice in motor/esc combo. I left my tune at the default settings except for the drag brake. I wanted a little help slowing this pede down.lol the fan will run upon powering up the esc for a few seconds, not sure if it's 30 sec. Then it will turn off and only turn on when the esc reaches a certain temp. Don't know what that temp is, but mine turns on after running it for several minutes. It will stop when it is cool enough. Hope this helps. Good luck!

The ESC fan only switches on when necessary. What I always do, especially with the more power consuming Castle combos, is put the LVC voltage a little higher (3.4V) than standard.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Competitor
    160F is when the fan turns on. I'm sure it requires the temp to drop a bit below 160F before turning off (hysteresis), maybe 140F or 150F to turn back off.

Quote Originally Posted by vatomer View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm going to tune the mmp ESC in the software for the first time, any suggestions ?

Does the ESC fan suppose to work all the time, because mine works on and off ?

Thank you.
    it also depends what firmware you have. one of the earlier versions makes the fan run all the time.
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    it also depends what firmware you have. one of the earlier versions makes the fan run all the time.
    Today i updated to the latest firmware.
    What kind of tuning should I do in the software?

i run mine bone stock. it's awesome out of the box imo...my only caution is to watch your timing(don't turn it up too high) and don't turn up the brakes too much. both can be incredibly taxing on the esc.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by vxlrocket View Post
    i run mine bone stock. it's awesome out of the box imo...my only caution is to watch your timing(don't turn it up too high) and don't turn up the brakes too much. both can be incredibly taxing on the esc.
    what exactly is the timing?

Quote Originally Posted by vatomer View Post
    what exactly is the timing?
    straight frm Castle:

Advancing the timing on an electric motor can have varying effects. Lowering the timing advance will reduce the amp draw, increase runtime, reduce motor/battery temperature, and may slightly reduce top speed and punch. Raising the timing advance will increase amp draw, decrease runtime, increase or reduce/battery temperature, and may slightly increase top speed and punch. If you are after maximum top speed, it’s better to “gear up” to get it rather than advance the timing too far. For brushed motors, always keep this setting on NORMAL and use the end bell of the motor to “tweak” it to max RPM per the motor’s instructions.

RC Competitor
    Thanks man