RC Racer

allignment, how to??

So, I've been using my new (awesome, unstoppable) Summit the last few days and the tires/wheels are all messed up and pointing in every direction. My question is what is the best way for me to get is aligned and get the camber correct. I also want to get the steering to neutral so I don't have the servos constantly humming because I'm using the trim to make up for miss alignment.
    I'm thinking of removing the wheels and using string or something .....not really sure, any help would be greatly appreciated.

RC Qualifier
    Camber and toe- I use my eye. They do make dedicated tools for alignment but I find I can eye it close enough for the Summit

Steering as seen below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSrAvhm3b1g

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

RC Racer
    well that is what I've done, but I would like it to actually be correct not just close enough. I think my rear wheels still need to be adjusted and there isn't anymore adjustment (maxed out) so I was looking for a more scientific (exact) way.....

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    RPM camber/castor gauge
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    i remove all wheels then bolt 1x very large washer to each hub and tighten up in place of your wheel
    then you can use a set square against the flat edge of the washer
    and messure the camber in and out as you require.
    hope it helps

RC Racer
    the washer is what I was thinking about doing.

RC Racer
    should I adjust with it on the "washers" or up in the air with the suspension at full drop? Which is "static"?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    On a surface, at ride height.
    Suspension angles change throughout the travel, adjusting it perfect at full droop will not give you the results you desire.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Iíve done something very similar to the washer trick. I took a couple paint sticks (or yard stick) and drilled a hole in it to fit the hub. Tighten it down and you can easily see your toe at the end of the stick. I took it a step further and bought a piece of 1/4" MDF (2'x4') and made a layout board. I have it all marked for 0į and then measure off that if I want toe in or out.

I did the same thing for camber........with the paint stick extending up 8 to 10" you can use a framing square to square off of it.

But like Jimmie said, you can buy an alignment set if you really want precession.
    SUMMIT, SUMVO, ERBE, EMAXX & REVO 3.3