Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    Wow this thread has been busy since I last posted not long ago. I know everyone is getting excited as I am to as yes I know I have the prototype but I'm waiting on a nice blue chassis setup and can't wait to get it installed and looking good.

RC Racer
    Im soooo excited about this chassis. I was about to order the ssc chassis when i started reading about this chassis. Since i love my current strc parts i waited then when steve posted his design concept i was sold i decided to wait and get the strc chassis. Which says a lot because i hate waiting. Im looking forward to this chassis more then turkey day or christmas combined. After that ill prolly only buy more lipos or wheels and tires. Maybe some bumpers and proline body to make it into a short course truck again.
    Rally GT8 4x4 in progress.
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    skynex, do you know of any local tracks around dallas besides mikes?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by supradrew View Post
    skynex, do you know of any local tracks around dallas besides mikes?
    Wild Bills in irving has one. Do u know of any open dirt fields for bashing in dallas area? There are none where i stay.
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    dirt fields, no, but mikes has an outdoor track...its really an 1/8th scale buggy track. ill look up wild bills and may take a trip out one day, thanks.

RC Racer
    @wyd10... Just one question... Is there enough amount of space to place a lipo like this?
    http://www.kyosho.de/show_image.php?...e1e6edce76.jpg
    Im asking because of the lipo-cables and the rear battery mount. Maybe the Lipo mount will stay in the way of the
    cables...
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 11-20-2012 at 11:15 AM.

RC Racer
    Shouldn't be a problem to fit that battery in. Only thing you might need to go to a longer battery mount setup which the STRC chassis can do and then a small foam spacer to take up any extra space but you can get it to fit.

RC Qualifier
    I might get some battery trays,I need some for my flm emaxx I got to stop checking this thread I hate ordering new things the suspense is killing me but I got a lot of Rc work do over the winter, 6 trucks to build/rebuild

Sent from my Galaxy Note

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by wyd10 View Post
    Shouldn't be a problem to fit that battery in. Only thing you might need to go to a longer battery mount setup which the STRC chassis can do and then a small foam spacer to take up any extra space but you can get it to fit.
    Thanx for the info Brian...

RC Racer
    Ok guys I talked with Steve at STRC. The new LCG chassis's are on their way back the STRC. He is going to start sending out the new chassis starting on Monday or so as long as he gets them by the end of the week. Starting by the end of next week I expect to start seeing guys posting pics of their new STRC LCG setups.

I thought this would bring a smile to many of you guys and some tears to those that are going to start having Slashes beat them out their local tracks.

RC Racer
    Ok guys I talked with Steve at STRC. The new LCG chassis's are on their way back the STRC. He is going to start sending out the new chassis starting on Monday or so as long as he gets them by the end of the week. Starting by the end of next week I expect to start seeing guys posting pics of their new STRC LCG setups.

I thought this would bring a smile to many of you guys and some tears to those that are going to start having Slashes beat them out their local tracks.
    Thanks for the update.

RC Racer
    thanks wyd, you made my day.

RC Qualifier
    ty wyd also have parts arriving for it today. ALSO this is ment to be lol got 3800 on the way on sale for 50$and some boca bearings among other things. my delima is which chassis to do first the blue or the orange lol
    Last edited by blknryzn; 11-21-2012 at 05:45 PM.

RC Qualifier
    I just put my STRC shocks together they seem to be very good and you just build them with parts of your old shocks, only thing I had to so was get an extra rebuild kit and put an extra o ring to seal the oil in the bottom. All I need is some 40wt oil. I also have rears on the front Eventually I may get some longer SC10 shocks for the rear.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by blknryzn View Post
    ty wyd also have parts arriving for it today. ALSO this is ment to be lol got 3800 on the way on sale for 50$and some boca bearings among other things. my delima is which chassis to do first the blue or the orange lol
    Oh yeah. Sounds like Christmas came early for someone.

RC Racer
    happy, happy, joy, joy... Im waiting for my toy, toy

To shorten the waiting period a little bit... watch the backflips at the end of the video.... http://www.myvideo.de/watch/6819094/..._mit_Bobby_Car

No... its not my car.
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 11-21-2012 at 08:28 PM.

RC Racer
    I am assuming there will be instructions for the new chassis...anyway to get them before the chassis ships.

Happy Thanksgiving!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridic View Post
    I am assuming there will be instructions for the new chassis...anyway to get them before the chassis ships.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    He would probably have them on his website. I put mine together with no directions as its pretty simple to figure out. He has pictures on the write ups he was doing so I doubt you would have any problems putting it together.

RC Qualifier
    the work has started

RC Qualifier
    the work has started
    The new slash 4x4 driveshafts look real good..
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Racer
    the work has started
    Keep us up to date about your experiences with the new drifeshafts, please. Maybe I will buy them in near future too.

RC Qualifier
    the only reason i got them is i got a great deal on them. can't say how much but it wasn't close to the retail price that they sell for. all but one of my built slashes have mip's fr and rear. if i had to pay full retail i would have gone with the mip's or the tekno's ,but i wanted to try them mind you this build is straight racer, track only. no bashing didnt get them to bash, only to race

RC Racer
    the only reason i got them is i got a great deal on them. can't say how much but it wasn't close to the retail price that they sell for. all but one of my built slashes have mip's fr and rear. if i had to pay full retail i would have gone with the mip's or the tekno's ,but i wanted to try them mind you this build is straight racer, track only. no bashing didnt get them to bash, only to race
    Im only interested in racing but a little bit sceptic about new Traxxas parts. I heard a lot of bad things about the MIP drifeshafts (to heavy, falling apart...). I prefer the teknos but dont like the lack of flexibility to use different rear hub carriers. I hope that STRC will release some drifeshafts too...
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 11-25-2012 at 07:46 AM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Beholder_74 View Post
    Im only interested in racing but a little bit sceptic about new Traxxas parts. I heard a lot of bad things about the MIP drifeshafts (to heavy, falling apart...). I prefer the teknos but dont like the lack of flexibility to use different rear hub carriers. I hope that STRC will release some drifeshafts too...
    +1 they make 2wd drive shafts why not make a set for the 4x4,but I have not had a problem with my stocks I just keep then clean

Sent from my Galaxy Note

RC Racer
    Steve got the chassis's back from the anodizer on Friday. He was doing some online directions this weekend as long as he don't get any sicker. The new chassis's will start shipping out Monday.

RC Racer
    Steve got the chassis's back from the anodizer on Friday. He was doing some online directions this weekend as long as he don't get any sicker. The new chassis's will start shipping out Monday.
    Hope steve gets better. And man am I excited.
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    Im excited too... best wishes for steve to get healthy again...

RC Qualifier
    hopefully steve has someone else do the shipping and he get well soon ty again wyd for the up dates and will let you all know about the drive shafts yes the mips are heavy but i can say they hold up to my bashing which is not pretty all the time. but they hold up no issues since i put them on the truck. i planned 2 builds one a rally type one a track type will inter change parts if i have to as you see one has the traxxas shafts and the other i will go with teknos just to try them. dont know which will be the rally leaning towards the taxxas shaft for that one and teknos on the racer right now will see how they run and let you all know

RC poster
    has anyone on this forum bought and used the chassis if so tell me as im a bit of a basher but i would like a lower chassis for high speed turns so inform me please on pros n cons for racing and bashing

RC Qualifier
    guess wyd has to answer that question or read this thread from the start or steve's articles on the strc site about the making of the lcg chassis might give u an idea of whats going on my guess is its for racing if u wanted to bash it you could i guess may not be the best chassis to bash just my 2cents mind you not trying to be rude or disrespectful

RC Racer
    Have to go to hospital today for about 1-2 weeks... and its nice to know, that a piece of "hard artwork" will wait when Im coming home. Oh yes, my girlfriend is waiting too I hope.
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 11-26-2012 at 01:50 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by keithkeith420 View Post
    has anyone on this forum bought and used the chassis if so tell me as im a bit of a basher but i would like a lower chassis for high speed turns so inform me please on pros n cons for racing and bashing
    Me and Steve have been the only ones to run this new chassis. Right now all the new chassis's are in stock and Steve will be shipping out today and Tuesday. Right now I have the only prototype which I will be sending back to Steve once my new one arrives.

Anytime you lower the CG on any car it will be better in high speed corners just like touring cars or pan cars which all kill in the corners. They normally sit very low and all the motors, and batteries sit low on the chassis. Remember on the stock chassis 4wd and 2wd drive Slashes they sit high so in the corners they lean more and want to flip over easier. With the new LCG chassis it will still roll some in the corners but since the weight is sitting lower it will carry more speed and won't roll over in the corners near as easily as the stock chassis would. Also with the new STRC chassis you won't have any flex in the chassis since its 4mm thick so handling will be more precise.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the update.

I too have began the process, lol.

RC Qualifier
    there in the mail lol

RC Qualifier
    mine are out for delivery as i write this who will be the first to post a pic ? would like to see all colors and mixes if u see yours (color) dont repeat it. Now im speaking of the chassis and fr and rear bulkheads,not your builds just chassis, really wanna see the green as that could have been my sec color if i had known they would go with the blue as standard but don't worry be happy.Again would like to thank wyd and steve for their effort on this project. i too was about to purchase one of the other brands till i read this thread and steve's articles felt like i was in the whole project. would it be possible to know the numbers that are out there how many of each color ? most popular blue and black. which had the least numbers of request? just curious

RC Racer
    Wow I see some already have their trucks torn down and are ready for the new. Love it. Love to see your pics when you have them done. Its getting wild real soon.

RC Racer
    can we expect to get a tracking number when it ships?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by supradrew View Post
    can we expect to get a tracking number when it ships?
    I received an email saying my order has shipped with an USPS confirmation number.

RC Qualifier
    awesome, Mine is for christmas so i can't see it till then, I'll have to sneak around while the wife is at work.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    awesome, Mine is for christmas so i can't see it till then, I'll have to sneak around while the wife is at work.
    trust me, i know that feeling all too well