Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridic View Post
    You had me at hello.
    no kidding.

RC Racer
    Ok guys I talked with Steve and I have a time line on the production chassis. Right now it is looking like Mid November to the third week in November. That is the bad part but here is where it will be worth the wait. When Steve rights his 5th and final article here in the next few days he will post on his site and have the chassis available for pre ordering.

The great part of pre ordering is he will have a bunch of colors to choose from that the pre order customer will get free of charge. This will be a one time offering in all these custom colors. I know it was Blue, Green, Purple, Pink, Black, Orange, Gun Metal, Silver and Red. So for those who take this ride along. Remember this is for pre orders and a one time deal. He won't have all these colors again and no spares to match. So if you want a cool anodized color you will want to pre order

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by wyd10 View Post
    Ok guys I talked with Steve and I have a time line on the production chassis. Right now it is looking like Mid November to the third week in November. That is the bad part but here is where it will be worth the wait. When Steve rights his 5th and final article here in the next few days he will post on his site and have the chassis available for pre ordering.

The great part of pre ordering is he will have a bunch of colors to choose from that the pre order customer will get free of charge. This will be a one time offering in all these custom colors. I know it was Blue, Green, Purple, Pink, Black, Orange, Gun Metal, Silver and Red. So for those who take this ride along. Remember this is for pre orders and a one time deal. He won't have all these colors again and no spares to match. So if you want a cool anodized color you will want to pre order

Good things will take time... I can wait...

Yeah... I knew it... I will take a blue one.

@wyd10 Just a question... did you ever made bad experiences with the STRC Shock towers? Iīve got still the stock ones. The guys at our race track had chosen RPMs because they are flexible. Did you ever saw a broken or bended Aluminum shock tower? Yeah... maybe I ask the wrong person but hopefully you could give me a honest answer. Or is this debate more religous? I like the look oft the STRC shock tower very much. What should I buy... RPM or STRC? Depends it on my way of driving (bashing or racing)? Ive got the STRC battery strap, bellcrank system and Hex adapters and im satisfied with it. But honestly Iīve got RPM A-Arms because here I can comprehend the advantages of flexibility.

Sorry for my bad english.
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 10-23-2012 at 06:56 PM.

RC Racer

I appreciate all your updates you have been providing us and can't wait to decide what color I want with my pre-order.

Sent from Galaxy S III.

RC Racer

Thanks again for all your updates. We all really appreciate it. Did you ever find out from steve about what size bearing will be used for the slipper/ center diff?
    Funny thing, i was gonna ask if the aluminum would be anodized too. Now I will get one to match all my other strc parts.
    Backslash 4x4
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Beholder_74 View Post
    Good things will take time... I can wait...

Yeah... I knew it... I will take a blue one.

@wyd10 Just a question... did you ever made bad experiences with the STRC Shock towers? Iīve got still the stock ones. The guys at our race track had chosen RPMs because they are flexible. Did you ever saw a broken or bended Aluminum shock tower? Yeah... maybe I ask the wrong person but hopefully you could give me a honest answer. Or is this debate more religous? I like the look oft the STRC shock tower very much. What should I buy... RPM or STRC? Depends it on my way of driving (bashing or racing)? Ive got the STRC battery strap, bellcrank system and Hex adapters and im satisfied with it. But honestly Iīve got RPM A-Arms because here I can comprehend the advantages of flexibility.

Sorry for my bad english.
    Anytime you run aluminum you have a chance to bend them vs plastic flexing and breaking. I will say I did hit a steel beam for our pole build that bent my aluminum shock cap and ripped my front arm off but didn't damage my shock tower to my surprise. Honestly I thought it would bend. Now I do only race my truck and don't normally crash it that hard so I never really had problems with any aluminum parts bending. I added the STRC shock towers since I race for them and its nice bling for others to see and shows support for STRC. I think they are nice but not 100% needed.

RC Racer
    No problem on the heads up. This is part of running for STRC is to help you the customers out and to help STRC products. I would post more but right now my home computer isn't working so I need to do it at work and at my part time job at the hobbyshop where I have more time to post.

RC Racer
    Will the component parts be available separtely to be save if a part will break or gets lost?

RC Racer
    Will the component parts be available separtely to be save if a part will break or gets lost?
    Yes they will but keep in mind if you pre order a custom color and need a replacement you won't be able to get that color again. The custom anodizing is a one time offer for all pre order customers.

RC Racer
    Yes they will but keep in mind if you pre order a custom color and need a replacement you won't be able to get that color again. The custom anodizing is a one time offer for all pre order customers.
    That sounds great. The color isnt so important for replacement. At the moment my mind ist circling around an idea for an adequate custom made dirtguard. I think that my old breathable biker short would be a nice material to wrap around that classy piece of chassis.

Maybe we should open a thread where customers post their experiences with the chassis if it is availabel.
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 10-24-2012 at 10:42 AM.

RC Racer
    More pics. When I started the assembly.

RC Racer
    If you all smell something that is my jealousy of wyd10, lol.
    I keep telling myself, just a few more weeks.

Any chance of getting a close up on the motor mount.
    I am in love with that.

RC Racer
    If you all smell something that is my jealousy of wyd10, lol.
    I keep telling myself, just a few more weeks.

Any chance of getting a close up on the motor mount.
    I am in love with that.

Just take a look at the articles column of the official STRC website.
    SLASH 4X4 LCG STAGE 3: PROTOTYPE 1 AND REVISION

RC Racer
    Just take a look at the articles column of the official STRC website.
    SLASH 4X4 LCG STAGE 3: PROTOTYPE 1 AND REVISION
    Yeah Steve has some nice pics up of the motor mount and more chassis shots.

RC Enthusiast
    will a center diff work with this chassis, or do you have to use the slipper clutch?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TxRoush82 View Post
    will a center diff work with this chassis, or do you have to use the slipper clutch?
    I run only run the center diff. That is what is in the top picture I posted although its hard to see what is in it but it is the diff.

RC Racer
    Okay....you talked me into a pre-order. Now taking a number.
    I'll take mines in Blue please.

Message Sent from Mars Curiosity.

RC Racer
    Looks like Steve put up another post about the LCG chassis, on the STRC website.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by BAD RC View Post
    Okay....you talked me into a pre-order. Now taking a number.
    I'll take mines in Blue please.

Message Sent from Mars Curiosity.
    Im number one!!!!
    Backslash 4x4
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    how well will this chassis hold up to bashing or is this another race only lcg chassis. cause i want to get one of these for a slash 4x4 roller i have sitting in my closet. atleast the gears should hold up being 32 pitch and being open so sand wont eat them up since i use my rc's in the sand often.

RC Racer
    forgot to add what is the biggest battery i can fit in it. and are the battery mounts adjustable?

RC Racer
    Very nice test report on the STRC site. I appreciate that the front bulkhead is seperatet, so maintenance now seems easyer. The front bulkhead looks realy massiv.

@ skynex721 : In this case Iīm zero

@ jato_builder: I think it`s more a racing chassis because of the materials that are used. When I think of bashing I think of monster jumps and driving in terrains with big stones that I wonīt try with an LCG aluminum chassi. The slash 4x4 is known as a bashing-machine and I think that this statement is based mostly because of its stock ground cleareance. But thatīs only my oppinion.

You wrote about the free gearing and that is one point Iīm thinking about too. It would be nice, if the gearing have a little more protection. Maybe we will get a shroud from a third party developer like outer wears to protect this section. Maybe we have to develope that kind of protection by ourselves. If I would know what kind of material Outerwears uses to produce their shrouds, it would be easy to create one by myselve.
    For the center gear I could imagine to build a little lexan dome that I would mount on the upper deck if itīs necessary.

@ wyd10: Did you never had problems with the open gearing? Keep in mind, that you were testing on a clay track. Tracks with little stones could be cause massiv problems without protection on the gearing.

Once again... sorry for my bad english
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 10-25-2012 at 05:45 AM.

RC Racer
    I did a little research at the outer-wears site. Under the "Products>Custom Design" column you can order material for a custom shroud! Problem solved!
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 10-25-2012 at 06:25 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jato_builder View Post
    forgot to add what is the biggest battery i can fit in it. and are the battery mounts adjustable?
    I have a 6000mah 2 cell in right now and I know I can fit the 6600mah pack we have at the shop in. The mounts are adjustable. For bashing I think it would be ok since it has the 4mm thick chassis on it would keep it strong and as long as you don't have your screws come loose I think it would be fine. Now with any chassis stock or LCG if your going to do really crazy stuff then any truck will start breaking.

RC Racer

Thumbs up

Article #4 from Steve is up for everyone to read. Pre orders will start next week but not sure what day but Steve is getting everything ready to start taking the orders.

RC Racer
    Article #4 from Steve is up for everyone to read. Pre orders will start next week but not sure what day but Steve is getting everything ready to start taking the orders.
    Really good news!

RC Racer
    I have a 6000mah 2 cell in right now and I know I can fit the 6600mah pack we have at the shop in. The mounts are adjustable. For bashing I think it would be ok since it has the 4mm thick chassis on it would keep it strong and as long as you don't have your screws come loose I think it would be fine. Now with any chassis stock or LCG if your going to do really crazy stuff then any truck will start breaking.
    what is the dimensions of the battery. also what is the thickness of the top plate if i have to i would make a custom one out of some aluminum. but i dont do that heavy of bashing like some people do. mainly driving in the street and the sand dunes nothing big. some small jumps and some racing is all i do so im not that hard on my stuff. ive broken suspension arms, hub carriers and other parts like that but it was during pretty cold weather. so with this chassis i should be able to bash it the way i bash. now i just need a slash 4x4 roller off of ebay to start. then go after a cc sct pro combo with the 4 pole motor for it.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jato_builder View Post
    what is the dimensions of the battery. also what is the thickness of the top plate if i have to i would make a custom one out of some aluminum. but i dont do that heavy of bashing like some people do. mainly driving in the street and the sand dunes nothing big. some small jumps and some racing is all i do so im not that hard on my stuff. ive broken suspension arms, hub carriers and other parts like that but it was during pretty cold weather. so with this chassis i should be able to bash it the way i bash. now i just need a slash 4x4 roller off of ebay to start. then go after a cc sct pro combo with the 4 pole motor for it.
    I will have to measure my battery. The top plate is 2.5mm thick graphite.

RC Racer
    cool if i get one i could make a custom top plate out of 7075t6 aluminun and put that on instead of thee graphite to make it more durable for bashing and keep the graphite plate for when i go racing. or try and bash with the graphite plate and see what happens. and if the bottom is flat plate i could create a bottom just in case i damage one while bashing.

RC Racer
    There wont be any bashing when my chassis is applied.
    Time to start getting her tuned for the indoor season.

RC Racer
    All sounds great. I'm at the shop tonight so I will measure the pack today once i get to the shop.

RC Qualifier
    wyd10 also interested in this build i do want to get in onthe color thng for sure been following the blog all soun=ds well ty for the up date will be looking for more. Q: how long will the pre ordering last?

RC Racer
    There wont be any bashing when my chassis is applied.
    Time to start getting her tuned for the indoor season.
    i do race a little bit. but i use my bashers as racers when i do race and have never had a problem.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by blknryzn View Post
    wyd10 also interested in this build i do want to get in onthe color thng for sure been following the blog all soun=ds well ty for the up date will be looking for more. Q: how long will the pre ordering last?
    Thats one thing Steve didn't tell me. Not 100% on how long the pre ordering will last. I'm pretty sure Steve will have that info on his site once he posts pre orders open.

RC Racer
    My battery I run is 25mm thick and 46mm wide and 138mm long. I can go at least 5mm higher on the battery and still have it fit. When I put my pack in I normally plug in the positive lead first and then slide my pack under the top brace. Then I just plug the negative lead in when ready to race.

RC Racer
    Thats one thing Steve didn't tell me. Not 100% on how long the pre ordering will last. I'm pretty sure Steve will have that info on his site once he posts pre orders open.
    As soon as i see pre orders are available im ordering. I know you said next week but i cant help it, i still check 4 or 5 times daily. I will even spring for overnight shipping if its offered. I almost have everything thing upgraded on my backslash, the lcg is the last piece.
    Backslash 4x4
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by skynex721 View Post
    As soon as i see pre orders are available im ordering. I know you said next week but i cant help it, i still check 4 or 5 times daily. I will even spring for overnight shipping if its offered. I almost have everything thing upgraded on my backslash, the lcg is the last piece.
    Me too, canīt wait any longer.

RC Racer
    @wyd10: I appreciate your intensive testing and the way the customers are involved in the whole production process very much. I donīt think thats typical for a RC-company or companies from other fields, but the right way to achieve trust and loyality of customers. Thanks for this nice project to you and Steve.
    Iīm relativ new to the hobby but there is one thing that I can say for sure, when I have to modify my car with aluminum parts, STRC will be my first choice!

Looking forward to pre-order next week.

Greets from Germany
    Peter
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 10-27-2012 at 03:39 PM.

RC Racer
    Ok with my batter in I still have 10mm to the top plate for those that are interested in that info. Ran for the 2nd week now but didn't practice at all during the week. Fastest lap is now down to 23.12 from so I think thats almost 3 tenths faster and almost a full second faster from where I started at 2 weeks ago with the stock chassis. It has 22.9's in it to be honest if I would push harder. Again another great day with the chassis working perfectly and no problems. Only problems I had had nothing to do with the chassis. I changed software in my speedo and had a problem but fixed that and truck was back to normal. Its going to a nice improvement for all that are looking.

RC Racer
    Seems you are loving the new chassis.
    Hope the pre order open this week so we can all fall in love with it.
    Thanks for the update.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2