Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    RC Champion
    Ops hold on ill upload it to G+

ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Enthusiast
    Wow.... I'd email strc... That ano job is messed up, granted its gonna get all scraped to **** any ways.

RC Champion
    I did e-mail them with a picture. I hope they can just send a new one out but I know they don't have many blue ones left. I believe I got one of the two left.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    Looks like Camo lol.. U could work with that lol

Sent from my iPhone4
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Enthusiast
    Lol, the new navy camo... Now if I could get it in acu or multicam we could probably match our uniforms...

RC Champion
    It looks more like something spilt something on it and it changed the color.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    Ops hold on ill upload it to G+

Try to clean it with lighter fuel... maybe its just the surface...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Beholder_74 View Post
    Try to clean it with lighter fuel... maybe its just the surface...
    Thanks for the suggestion I might but I want to see what STRC says first.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    Thanks for the suggestion I might but I want to see what STRC says first.
    I had such an area too and I wiped it away with lighter fuel...

RC Champion
    I had such an area too and I wiped it away with lighter fuel...
    When you say lighter fuel do you mean lighter fluid? lol
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    I mean fuel for a cigarette lighter. Very good to remove leftovers of stickers too.

RC Qualifier
    I mean fuel for a cigarette lighter. Very good to remove leftovers of stickers too.
    Like lighter fluid for a charcoal grill?
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT View Post
    Like lighter fluid for a charcoal grill?
    Like fuel for a zippo...

RC Champion
    Oh I don't got any of that.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC poster
    Sorry to see the problem on the chassis, I'm not sure why it look the way it does (and I didn't notice it when I pulled your LCG order) if you can do me a favor and take a cloth and see if you can wipe it down and make sure it is not just residue or moisture. We do have a few blue chassis for spares so if it is an anodizing problem we'll be able to take care of you with a new chassis. Again sorry about this

Steve

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWang View Post
    Sorry to see the problem on the chassis, I'm not sure why it look the way it does (and I didn't notice it when I pulled your LCG order) if you can do me a favor and take a cloth and see if you can wipe it down and make sure it is not just residue or moisture. We do have a few blue chassis for spares so if it is an anodizing problem we'll be able to take care of you with a new chassis. Again sorry about this

Steve
    Just wipe it with a cloth or wet cloth?

EDIT: tried with and without water and it's still there.
    Last edited by Fr8cture; 02-02-2013 at 09:25 PM.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC poster
    No worries. Thanks for trying it out. I'm surprised I didn't catch that when I pulled the order. Since our customer service won't be back in until monday morning, please email me: stevewang@teamstrc.com if you have further questions throughout the weekend and of course your address so I can take care of it for you on Monday.

Steve

RC Enthusiast
    pretty cool watching the tires balloon in the video lol

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWang View Post
    No worries. Thanks for trying it out. I'm surprised I didn't catch that when I pulled the order. Since our customer service won't be back in until monday morning, please email me: stevewang@teamstrc.com if you have further questions throughout the weekend and of course your address so I can take care of it for you on Monday.

Steve
    You need my address or can you just pull it from my order?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC poster
    You need my address or can you just pull it from my order?
    To be safe, please send me all your info via email so I can get this out for you right away without any delay looking up your info.

Thanks

Steve

RC Champion
    Okay sent you an e-mail. Thank you for your awesome support with your products. Best support yet!
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Competitor
    Hey Steve will the front sway bar mounts be available to buy separately from the chassis I have something I want to try with them.

RC Racer
    Interesting on the chassis but I think a kinda camo looking would be a one of a kind thats for sure.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by wyd10 View Post
    Interesting on the chassis but I think a kinda camo looking would be a one of a kind thats for sure.
    Yea, maybe but I'm kinda a perfectionist.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    green backslash waiting to be built

RC Racer
    Very nice.
    Can't way to see the finished project.

RC Qualifier
    right now waiting on wing and mount ,rustler front bumper, bulkhead tie bars,and rear shock tower for the front. then the sterring servo and rec. last motor and esc leaning towards sensered. 1/8 scale servo,motor and esc

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by blknryzn View Post
    green backslash waiting to be built
    What kind of wheels are you using? 'Cause the tires look like they were glued on the wheels by a pro
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    Ofna 81053 Wheel Black Hyper 7 RTR Pro (4) 1/8 Buggy and NEW Pro-Line 1/8 Road Rage Street Front/Rear (2) 9012-00 NIB i did the glueing not close to a pro but i try. i take my time i glue 1 side let it sit and check for gaps and then let it sit a day then do the other side. i do a bit of wiping while i glue.

RC Racer
    Did someone know the main differences between the new Traxxas GTR shocks and the the Losi SCTE shocks? Im looking for new shocks for my STRC-Bug and want to know which are the best. It would be interesting to know, if there were differences in length and the choices in springs that were availabel for both shocks. Arent the Losi shocks the better choice because they were made for a heavier car? I ask because the slash is a little bit heavier with the STRC chassis than stock.

RC Enthusiast
    I use the Losi shocks just because I could tune them close to my scte which weighs nearly the same. Also, I had the mip bypass kit for the losi shocks as well.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by xxkiloxx View Post
    I use the Losi shocks just because I could tune them close to my scte which weighs nearly the same. Also, I had the mip bypass kit for the losi shocks as well.
    What Losi springs (SCTE shocks) do you use on your STRC Slash and under which condition? The standart black springs or some springs from the tuning packs? And do you use the shock boots?
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 02-08-2013 at 07:09 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Yes, I use the shock boots. I'll look at my springs when I get home tonight... Flying cross country.... Ugh....

RC poster
    New Post (my 1st post). I am new to Hobby, changed my stampede 4x4 into slash 4x4 strc lcg. I run MMP 2400. Issues I had and how I solved them. I am mentioning these solutions because I have not found any mention of them in the thread so far. If someone has mentioned them, please disregard as I don't want to waist anyones time.

1. 3s batteries standard size not fitting
    Definitely a problem. My free solution. Use the pistons from the shock tree and them ontop of every post, and anywhere the screws go through the carbon fiber chassis brace. 3mm screws thread just fine. bore out 4mm screws holes with 1/8 drill bit on both ends. I chose these as spacers because my caliper showed them to consistently be more equal in depth than trying metal spacers. also they widen the support under the carbon fiber. as opposed to just the aluminum posts. Carbon fiber brace laid perfectly flat for me. the screw and pistons have to be thread on so it is a tight fit. Worked perfectly for me.

2. Remove the aluminum L shaped battery supports on end. I don't use mine. Leave the carbon fiber hold down clipped and supported with o-ring above the carbon fiber brace. I never move it. Use a long velcro battery strap (like what came with my last Gens Ace 3s battery purchase and put your battery in with the leads in toward back of vehicle. strap the battery in on outside edge of battery using the 2 battery posts only. It is fully secured. Even with cartwheel landings, crashes, whatever. The plastic posts are supported firmly with carbon fiber hold down so flex or breaking posts is not an issue. it is held in place above as originally designed. and it will not slide out laterally due to velcro strap.

3. Lastly, to prevent stuff getting jammed between the spur and aluminum chassis, I use a 52 tooth spur. I changed to this with the kings head motor mount on my stampede 4x4 due to constant stripping of spur gear (tip from Macksara29 video). I run in dirt fields and grass mostly. But if you run in gravel, a 50 tooth spur gear should give even more clearance.

I am not a racer, or pro. I was just really dissappointed that I was having to jam my 3s batteries under the carbon fiber brace, which was pushing up against it. I knew over time, it could damage the carbon fiber. I had to have 3s to run the MMP/2400 combo.

Anyway, if you want pictures of what I have done, I can try and figure out how to upload. maybe tapatalk has function with iphone. Again, if this is common knowledge, please disregard this post. I don't want to waste anyones time. But since I have done the above, I cannot be happier with the new LCG STRC SLASH 4X4 chassis. It works great. I also think that the strap on outside is more gentle to the battery than the hard aluminum supports and prevents any movement. Also, to keep the battery from sliding around as much on the smooth aluminum, I just put a 2 inch strip of gorrilla tape down for a slightly less slick, more gripping surface. Good luck to everyone and have fun.

Remember besides spur gear change, the solution for mosly everybody who has the shock trees is absolutely free\

Take care everyone, and thanks for all the great information everybody provides here.

KCSSNO

RC poster
    Ah gees, just looked at my post. Sorry for the "waist" word. I meant to type "waste anyone's time"

KCSSNO

RC Champion
    Does anyone else have a problem with screws stripping? Before I knew which screws went where I put the wrong screw through the bottom of the chassis (non-countersunk) and now I can't get it out. I haven't even used Loctite yet.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Competitor
    So for all of those that might want to reverse their rear arms so the shocks are mounted on the back of the truck and the screws don't get caked with dirt. I have found a solution to reverse the sway bar mounts so they are on the back and there is no drilling into the front of the a arms. If the Team RCE arms are used this is not a problem but for stock or proline arms it is.
    So here is a pic. [IMG][/IMG]

Fr8cture I had no problems with screws, are you still using the tools traxxas put in the box with your truck if so go and buy a good set of hex drivers from LHS or online. To solve your problem I would suggest using a dremel to cut a slot in the screw head and remove it with a flat head screw driver.

RC Champion
    Okay so I was trying to install the receiver box and it says it goes on top of the top plate and the holes don't line up and there is nothing to screw it into am I missing something?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    hummm...I didn't have any issue but got rid of the receiver box and mounted my receive on the chassis.
    Wanted to keep everything as low as possible.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridic View Post
    hummm...I didn't have any issue but got rid of the receiver box and mounted my receive on the chassis.
    Wanted to keep everything as low as possible.
    Is that okay with the TQi?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2