Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    RC Qualifier
    Hey guys without going through almost 600 posts of info :
    Can you post links to options for which LCG kit to go with ?
    Been thinking of selling the Slash but this has sparked my interests... and budget..

Thanks in advance..
    Support your Country, buy domestic...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by nascarcanada View Post
    Hey guys without going through almost 600 posts of info :
    Can you post links to options for which LCG kit to go with ?
    Been thinking of selling the Slash but this has sparked my interests... and budget..

Thanks in advance..
    This is the STRC thread so you might not get much info for the others.
    You have this chassis, SSC and Team RCE.
    You will pros and cons about all three so you will have to do some research and go with the one that you feel will work best for you.
    No matter which you choose, it is all about how your RC is set up for your track.
    Good luck and have fun.

RC Qualifier
    Hey guys how are you keeping your slipper clutch from sliding back and forth? My bearing adapter keeps sliding front to back out of the bearing and I keep messing up my spur gear. Please help

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    Hey guys how are you keeping your slipper clutch from sliding back and forth? My bearing adapter keeps sliding front to back out of the bearing and I keep messing up my spur gear. Please help
    You have wo add 1-3 Traxxas teflon washers. 2 workes fine for me... you can find intructions under this link (tips & tricks): http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...ory&path=72_91

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Beholder_74 View Post
    You have wo add 1-3 Traxxas teflon washers. 2 workes fine for me... you can find intructions under this link (tips & tricks): http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...ory&path=72_91
    Thanks for the fast response

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridic View Post
    This is the STRC thread so you might not get much info for the others.
    You have this chassis, SSC and Team RCE.
    You will pros and cons about all three so you will have to do some research and go with the one that you feel will work best for you.
    No matter which you choose, it is all about how your RC is set up for your track.
    Good luck and have fun.
    Thanks I totally realized that, just figured I get a response here.
    I had a bit of time now to research, & did not realize Traxxas is now using the Rally car for parts on a LCG Slash.

Less then $70 parts list I found

7422 - Chassis
    7423 - Nerf Bars
    7424 - Receiver box
    7426 - Battery Clip, Strap, And Rear Retainer.
    7429 - Rear Bulkhead
    7430 - Front Bulkhead
    7438 - Steering Linkage
    7460 - Motor mount
    7477 - Cover, Gear/ Wire Retainer
    7490 - Motor Plate
    Support your Country, buy domestic...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    Not gonna lie guys SSC Mark was on beast mode on the track today with his SSC Chassis, Pro4, Tekin setup.. Only Traxxas left standing.. Once I get my skill up I might be able to hang.. He pointed out a few things of note on the current STRC setup in comparison.. But bottom line in the 60+ people racing he was a TQ! Just saying!

Sent from my iPhone4
    Glad you have a better experience with this guy than I had. He emailed companies behind my back crying like a 2 year old because he didn't like my STRC thread I started. I just was testing for STRC and I'm not actually sponsored by them. Just helping my buddy Steve out on this chassis testing. Then I see him complaining about a guy on another thread from another website and then worse actually tattled on the guy. You would think your dealing with a little kid. All I know is every thread that has a problem with an LCG chassis he is involved. I guess where their is smoke their is fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad karma will catch up to him
    Last edited by wyd10; 01-15-2013 at 12:21 PM.

RC Racer
    Looks like everyone is doing well with their new chassis setups. I been racing 2wd mod buggy as that is where all the fastest guys at our track are running right now so I been concentrating on that class. Once I get some of those GTR shocks I will then work on my Slash more. Hope to have them in a week or two. I don't want to order them from Ebay and will wait til I can order them from the Hobby Shop instead. Great Planes will eventually have them in stock and at that time I will place an order for them.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by wyd10 View Post
    Glad you have a better experience with this guy than I had. He emailed companies behind my back crying like a 2 year old because he didn't like my STRC thread I started. I just was testing for STRC and I'm not actually sponsored by them. Just helping my buddy Steve out on this chassis testing. Then I see him complaining about a guy on another thread from another website and then worse actually tattled on the guy. You would think your dealing with a little kid. All I know is every thread that has a problem with an LCG chassis he is involved. I guess where their is smoke their is fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad karma will catch up to him
    Bad press from a competitor is the best compliment you can get.

RC Qualifier
    @wyd10 Lol.. Yea SSC Mark was passionate about his work and a little jadded about small buisness and big buisness but other than that and buisness aside he was pretty cool out there. Gave me TONS of advice on my setup, the trick about simple green or WD40 on your tires to get traction on the track.. Oil's you name it.. His SSC Chassis did good but IMHO the LCG Chassis basically offer the same thing with exceptions to the Traxxas one lol.. Metal, Low, center weight u really can't screw that up... Everything else is up for debate but if you can't drive that well (like me) it won't matter if you have invested 2k in your truck.. You still will suck lol! I think at this point... For money and looks I like the STRC for a more technical approach I'd go SSC and it's a small buisness to boot.. And the TRCE is somewhere in between lol...
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Racer
    Bad press from a competitor is the best compliment you can get.
    I would say in this case it has been true. Sales have been outstanding from what Steve told me.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    @wyd10 Lol.. Yea SSC Mark was passionate about his work and a little jadded about small buisness and big buisness but other than that and buisness aside he was pretty cool out there. Gave me TONS of advice on my setup, the trick about simple green or WD40 on your tires to get traction on the track.. Oil's you name it.. His SSC Chassis did good but IMHO the LCG Chassis basically offer the same thing with exceptions to the Traxxas one lol.. Metal, Low, center weight u really can't screw that up... Everything else is up for debate but if you can't drive that well (like me) it won't matter if you have invested 2k in your truck.. You still will suck lol! I think at this point... For money and looks I like the STRC for a more technical approach I'd go SSC and it's a small buisness to boot.. And the TRCE is somewhere in between lol...
    Hey I'm all up for being passionate about something but not to the point I need to go behind someone back or post false information about another companies product just to get sales or to make yourself feel better.

I agree with you on the lcg chassis setups in general. They really make the Slash a much better overall performer.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by wyd10 View Post
    I would say in this case it has been true. Sales have been outstanding from what Steve told me.
    Do you know how open minded steve is for new ideas? Iīm not really satisfied with the batterie mount and have got a simple idea to change it to a velcro strap solution... Ok, I need two simple CNC machined aluminum parts to make it work. Maybe steve likes the idea too and would be interested to add this solution to his part list...

Is there a chance?

RC poster
    I'd be down with a strap system... But I just cut down the posts just far enough to slip the CF strap under the top plate. I also made some 90 degree bullet connectors which was pretty simple. Next up on the "fix" list is keeping the back end from slapping so that I can even out the ride height front to back. Hopefully I can get my hands on a set of GTR shocks in time to get them set up for the Short Course Showdown.

RC Racer
    Do you know how open minded steve is for new ideas? Iīm not really satisfied with the batterie mount and have got a simple idea to change it to a velcro strap solution... Ok, I need two simple CNC machined aluminum parts to make it work. Maybe steve likes the idea too and would be interested to add this solution to his part list...

Is there a chance?
    I never hurts to send in ideas. Steve looks at all his emails so if you send an idea in rest assured he will look at it.

RC Racer

Is there a chance?
    I never hurts to send in ideas. Steve looks at all his emails so if you send an idea in rest assured he will look at it.

RC Racer
    beholder, add my name to the list if you email him.

i have found a few aftermarket solutions, but it would be nice for it to get changed for future buyers.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by supradrew View Post
    beholder, add my name to the list if you email him.

i have found a few aftermarket solutions, but it would be nice for it to get changed for future buyers.
    It would be nice if you show the aftermarket solutions youīve found.

For me the idea is more an alternative to the current batterie mount and I can understand if someone is satisfied with it. But I hate fiddeling with body clips and small holes. I will do a 3D drawing and post it here to hear about the oppinions of other drivers. And then I will send the idea to steve.

RC Racer
    heres a quick and cheap one. http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FXGRPAod-QEAyQ
    you would still need straps, but ive seen some that come as a combo with everything you need. also, when you go to the site, look below the product desc. theres other alternatives there...and thats just one site.

personally i wouldnt mount mine with screws, with that large of a surface area i would image two sided tape would do one **** of a job (not to mention the top chassis brace will also help hold the battery down in the case)

RC Racer
    Here is a fast made visual (completly out of proportion) for a velcro strap solution batterie mount that uses existing threads and just needs 2 simple CNC machined parts and velcro straps. Just to have a base to start a discussion.

I donīt have experiences with Auto-CAD, its just a illustration graphic. And I donīt have a connection to a CNC-machinist that could build it. And even if ... a single piece would be to expensive to produce.

Ohh... I see that the brackets just have two threads. So you have to imagine that the additional brigde part is a little bit longer than visualized.
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 01-15-2013 at 11:25 PM.

RC Champion
    Here is a fast made visual (completly out of proportion) for a velcro strap solution batterie mount that uses existing threads and just needs 2 simple CNC machined parts and velcro straps. Just to have a base to start a discussion.

I donīt have experiences with Auto-CAD, its just a illustration graphic. And I donīt have a connection to a CNC-machinist that could build it. And even if ... a single piece would be to expensive to produce.

Ohh... I see that the brackets just have two threads. So you have to imagine that the additional brigde part is a little bit longer than visualized.
    Aweosome, I like this idea as it makes it compatible with a huge range of batterys.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer

I am liking the idea of using velcro a lot.
    I am going to use the battery strap posts location to use velcro long way.
    Similar to what you see here:

RC Racer

I would just send that drawing and an explanation to Steve so he can have a look. It might be something he could make as an option. Never hurts to let him see the idea.

RC Racer
    To get rid of the unflexible battery strap I made one of a backpack strap and coated it with a heat shrink tube. Very simple to make and easy to use...

RC Racer
    Just checked the STRC site and they have some new colored drive shafts in stock. Black, green and orange now in stock.

RC Qualifier
    so ive gotten to run mine a couple times on pavement . but i love it so much better braking is better with the extra weight more down force. so here is a vid from my new 808 #16 cam with 120 degree lens i got on ebay for 43 bucks . gopro killer , wieghs like 2 ounces and is in a remote key fob. i did some vids with my quadcopter also. love it . be great at the races this summer! but yes best upgrade bang for the buck for any slash 4x4 driver basher or racer!
    EFFORT EQUALS RESULTS

RC Racer
    That video is pretty cool to watch.

RC Champion
    Anyone happen to have a extra fully blue conversion kit? I want it so bad. It would match what im going for but they we're limited run.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    Anyone happen to have a extra fully blue conversion kit? I want it so bad. It would match what im going for but they we're limited run.
    I bought one right from the start. Oh, I see that there were no more limited chassis available... sorry for you. But the gun metal chassis with blue parts looks cool too!

RC Champion
    I bought one right from the start. Oh, I see that there were no more limited chassis available... sorry for you. But the gun metal chassis with blue parts looks cool too!
    They we're there earlier today with blue and black still available so i emailed them to see if they actually did sell out or if they just pulled them. Would love to get one. My whole color theme on my slash is Blue and yellow.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC poster
    They we're there earlier today with blue and black still available so i emailed them to see if they actually did sell out or if they just pulled them. Would love to get one. My whole color theme on my slash is Blue and yellow.
    We'll see what we can do for you once we get back to the office tomorrow.

Steve

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWang View Post

Steve
    Awesome, thank you!
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWang View Post

Steve
    Nice to see you here Steve... thanx again for the great product. Best 99$ I had invested ever .

@Fr8cture : Fingers crossed that you will get one

RC Qualifier
    thanks . i love this lil 808 cam . a gopro is just to bulky for rc. also thanks wyd on all the forum support . i c u everywhere on these forums
    EFFORT EQUALS RESULTS

RC Qualifier
    So I seen a few people asking about mounting an antenna. I have a 2wd and noticed the reciever box has an antenna mount, and wow it fits much nicer than the stock!

Before

After

Last edited by Maxx_Adam; 01-29-2013 at 06:09 AM.

RC Champion
    Well the Awesome people at STRC replied to my email today and said they had a few left and told me to just put in the comments blue chassis and bulkhead and I just got mine ordered! They might do the same for you if they have some left.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Champion
    Well just received my chassis. Will start building it later tonight.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    Well just received my chassis. Will start building it later tonight.
    Nice news... looking forward to see another good looking build. Have fun pal!

RC Champion
    Kinda disappointed. Here is a picture of the main chassis.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Racer
    Cant see the pic.