Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    well done, air brushed or spray can? i dont have much imagination for air brushing but its something i want to get into.

RC Qualifier
    spray can have an airbrush just havent had time to break it out . been in the process of moving so i havent set up the garage for the that yet.gota scale size chevy body gonna put it on the basher painted the bed orange then kinda got stuck after that the reat will most likely bed gun metal

RC Qualifier
    my 2 strc builds

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by supradrew View Post
    i found we can get replacement parts for pretty cheap, thanks again strc...this was a nice surprise
    http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...path=46&page=3

i was just browsing, not because i broke anything by the way...

But I didnt saw the small replacement parts for the chassis (Motormount, Servomounts...) Hopefully noone ever lost these parts...

RC Racer
    Steve said he has replacement parts but in the standard black and blue colors. I think he will be posting that soon on his website.

RC Racer
    I think once GP shows they have the Traxxas GTR shocks that are being used on the newest Plantinum 4x4 I'm going to try those shocks.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by wyd10 View Post
    I think once GP shows they have the Traxxas GTR shocks that are being used on the newest Plantinum 4x4 I'm going to try those shocks.
    It would be interesting to hear about the experiences you made with them. Im still using the stock Big Bores and Im satisfied with them.

RC Racer
    has anyone modded their battery hold downs? not that i really hate the stock setup, i think i prefer a strap style hold down. i may end up trying to buy a couple ssc battery strap brackets, but ill probably make my own.

RC Qualifier
    I still have my SSC battery straps but I can't imagine how I'd use them the way the battery post is currently set up

Sent from my iPhone4
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Competitor
    I turned my center brace over and used two velcro cable wraps attached to the nerf bar screws.[IMG][/IMG]
    and one from the side

RC Racer
    Post on with the battery.
    Liking this idea.

RC Competitor
    Have to wait till I get home but will do that tonight.

RC Racer
    I thought about a similiar idea too. It would be nice, if the center brace were a little bit longer with the shape of an edgy m to plunge 2 celcro stripes through it and the nerf-bar...

RC Qualifier
    Have you guys found to much battery rattle with the stock setup? I haven't had the chance to hit the jumps yet to find out for myself.. But before this weekends race would you guys recommend installing the straps as well?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    Have you guys found to much battery rattle with the stock setup? I haven't had the chance to hit the jumps yet to find out for myself.. But before this weekends race would you guys recommend installing the straps as well?
    No, the batterie fits good. But i have to fiddle because I have batteries with the cable at the end (old style). I dont like to fiddle with bodyholders too... It would be much easier with velcro straps...

RC Racer
    Wow. I am still gettinh used to the way the new setup handles. I also installed d8 shocks at the same time. Its sooooo much better. Thanks Steve!!
    Backslash 4x4
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    As Beholder stated, No issues with the batteries fitting at all, I would do this for convenience.

RC Racer
    thank you turn left, that looks like the simplest/strongest way of making velcro work. thats awesome...i changed my batteries like 6 times today, it got old quick. cant wait to try this.

thanks again!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Beholder_74 View Post
    It would be interesting to hear about the experiences you made with them. Im still using the stock Big Bores and Im satisfied with them.
    What oils are you using in your stock BB shocks? I know as I go heavier the truck does get better. What springs are working for you? Interested to see what you come up with.

RC Racer
    What oils are you using in your stock BB shocks? I know as I go heavier the truck does get better. What springs are working for you? Interested to see what you come up with.
    Im using 42,5wt front and 32,5wt rear with the silver linear springs from the Hot Racing sets. It feels good so far, but I tested them only on road because our Outdoor carpet track is closed at the moment. Want to test the stiffer blue springs that comes with the sets soon on road.

but remember... Im driving for about a year... dont have your experience... if you try my setup and you have an advice for improvements let me know it, please.
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 01-08-2013 at 02:54 PM.

RC Competitor
    Well I finally got the chance to take a pic of a battery in the velcro straps I have.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    from the side
    [IMG][/IMG]

I think I will redo them at some point to have less slack and better hold but I did a shake test moving my truck up and down very quick and upside down to see if they held and they did very well.

RC Racer
    Thanks. Just wanted to get a feel of what your at. I jusst don't think I have the combo where I want it right not. Still not enough pack off the landings and when hitting the the face of the jumps at our track. While the clay is super smooth I still need to hit the jumps and at a high rate of speed so will keep working on it.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I picked up the new GTR shocks off the ebay chop shops a few weeks back. I have them installed on my 1/10 Rally and about half dozen packs through them, still tweaking them to my liking. They are very comparable to Losi Ten-T's. Very nice shock indeed.

Losi Ten-T's (left) & Traxxas GTR's (right):

Fr View...

Rr View...
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggerPede View Post
    I picked up the new GTR shocks off the ebay chop shops a few weeks back. I have them installed on my 1/10 Rally and about half dozen packs through them, still tweaking them to my liking. They are very comparable to Losi Ten-T's. Very nice shock indeed.

Losi Ten-T's (left) & Traxxas GTR's (right):
    Before JC supercuper series 1 race in Coco Beach, FL this weekend, I needed to replace the plastic shock spring retainer for my ten T shocks. The LOSI part # LOSB2904 was out of stock at my LHS, so I called Hobby Horizon. A HH technician told that I could substitute Traxxas part #5465 GTR shock kit as a replacement because the GTR and Ten T shock dimensions are the same. I installed the traxxas part on my Ten T shocks and it fit. I felt no decline in performance during the race.

If the Losi Ten Tand GTR shock dimensions are the same, then you should also be able to use the Front & Rear
    Losi Ten T spring tuning kit and the TLR aluminum bleeder caps with Traxxas GTR shocks.
    Last edited by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT; 01-09-2013 at 11:59 AM.
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

Quote Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT View Post
    Before JC supercuper series 1 race in Coco Beach, FL this weekend, I needed to replace the plastic shock spring retainer for my ten T shocks. The LOSI part # LOSB2904 was out of stock at my LH, so I called Hobby Horizon. A HH technician told that I could substitute Traxxas part #5465 GTR shock kit as a replacement because the GTR and Ten T shock dimensions are the same. I installed the traxxas part on my Ten T shocks and it fit. I felt no decline in performance during the race.

If the Losi Ten Tand GTR shock dimensions are the same, then you should also be able to use the Front & Rear
    Losi Ten T spring tuning kit and the TLR aluminum bleeder caps with Traxxas GTR shocks.
    Sweet man! Thanks for sharing, i'll have to test the springs for fittment. I do have a spare set of softies and hardies. LOL Looking at them they look totally the same. Cost wise to.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    ANybody want to finance a pair for me lol!

RC Racer
    the interest would be crazy high, lol

RC Qualifier
    I got a spare set of D8's

SSC Mark is gonna be at the Colonel Classic this weekend; he would probably help ya out with your SSC setup
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    Lol since I still have the STRC chassis on I think SSC Mark might stone me before he helps lol! But about those D8's ... Will u be out at the races as well? We're going to practice tomorrow night

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Qualifier
    Lol since I still have the STRC chassis on I think SSC Mark might stone me before he helps lol! But about those D8's ... Will u be out at the races as well? We're going to practice tomorrow night

Sent from my iPhone4
    The D8 shocks have your name on them..

I won't be at the race this weekend cause I'm still recovering from last weekends race..2013-super-cup-championship-series-round-1..We arrived at the track at 6:30 am on Sun and didn't leave until 1 a.m Mon..2 five min qualifiers and 1 six min AMAIN..a 20 hour day for 15 mins of racing I have several friends who are making the trip to GA
    Last edited by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT; 01-09-2013 at 06:15 PM.
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    TOok some shots with the new camera and new vinyl layed on the underside of the new chassis...

RC Racer
    Very nice. I like the servo...nice touch.

WOW... I had no idea my post turned into this. VERY nice Sl4sh guys.. STRC did a great job.. I love the Grey Chassis, Red Accent Slash..

I have a TRCE one, and Im thinkn of baggin it for this chassis.. Rebuild?!!
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by AbSoLooT1 View Post
    I have a TRCE one, and Im thinkn of baggin it for this chassis.. Rebuild?!!
    Just answer it to yourselve!

RC Champion
    One thing I did when I was running the TRCE chassis was put SSC battery straps on it. Best mod for that chassis IMO. All it takes is some drilling and countersinking the holes. I'm sure this mod will work perfectly on this chassis. You can get the straps and blocks for 15 or so on SSC's website

Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

RC Qualifier
    Sweet man! Thanks for sharing, i'll have to test the springs for fittment. I do have a spare set of softies and hardies. LOL Looking at them they look totally the same. Cost wise to.
    The Losi 10 T shocks are labled as 12mm

The SC10 4x4 shocks are 13mm and look very similar, I just ordered a set off ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    The Losi 10 T shocks are labled as 12mm

The SC10 4x4 shocks are 13mm and look very similar, I just ordered a set off ebay.
    Kewl! Thanks for letting me know.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Qualifier
    Not gonna lie guys SSC Mark was on beast mode on the track today with his SSC Chassis, Pro4, Tekin setup.. Only Traxxas left standing.. Once I get my skill up I might be able to hang.. He pointed out a few things of note on the current STRC setup in comparison.. But bottom line in the 60+ people racing he was a TQ! Just saying!

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Qualifier
    Not gonna lie guys SSC Mark was on beast mode on the track today with his SSC Chassis, Pro4, Tekin setup.. Only Traxxas left standing.. Once I get my skill up I might be able to hang.. He pointed out a few things of note on the current STRC setup in comparison.. But bottom line in the 60+ people racing he was a TQ! Just saying!

Sent from my iPhone4
    Mark is a very good driver..He probably could have Tq'd with your STRC 4x4..You should buy new parts and put your SSC back together again with Mark's set up as a blueprint..I'll bet you can get it dialed in and railed to the track..i use two 4x4's with different set-ups like shock oil, diff wt, timing or gearing. Mark does the same..
    Last edited by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT; 01-12-2013 at 09:16 PM.
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Qualifier
    Kewl! Thanks for letting me know.
    I searched all the Losi shocks the 10-T, 10-SCTE are 12mm in the specs, the TLR 10-SCTE nitro don't have shock size specs listed. I seen on a form someone had thought they were 14mm which should be a great shock bigger than stock 12mm but not enormous like 16mm 1/8 buggy shocks.

Uable to confirm the nitro SCTE having 14mm I bought a set of 13mm AE shocks you can get a tuning kit for these shocks with bleeder caps and different dampening plungers and diagphrams.