Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridic View Post
    Just put some 50wt oil in the shocks with losi green and blue springs.
    I don't think this is going to be enough to keep the front end up.
    I am thinking i need to up the oil wt and change to some stiffer springs.

What is everyone running for springs and oil wt?
    Again Im runnin 42,5wt in front and 32,5wt rear. Im runnin the blue Losi springs but they are to soft... A good friend of mine got the linear spring sets of hot racing. 3 pairs in one set. You need two sets for each about 10 dollars. I compared them with my blue Losi springs and the softest (red pair) are nearest to them... I ordered the sets a few days ago...

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?c=480
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 12-11-2012 at 01:28 AM.

RC Qualifier
    birdic the silver thing is linkage for you servo i believe ? need someone else to confirm

RC Racer
    supradrew nice pics with the side by side comparison. I have some of those but I didn't post as I don't want anyone to think I'm biased so I figured eventually someone would post them together.

RC poster

Wink Slash 4x4 STRC LCG Conversion.

Found this thread and thought I would post some pics up. I have posted this in a couple of other forums so if you have seen this, sorry.

Here is what I started with.

Rolling Chassis.

Electronics.

Driveshaft.

With Body.

wyd10 already posted a link to my time lapse video (thank you mr. wyd) but in case you missed it I'll post it again. It is available in HD and crank up the sound!

Slash 4x4 STRC LCG conversion time lapse.

Kevin

RC Enthusiast
    Supradrew it was nice running with ya last night at mikes. I love this new set up. Just a little more shock tuning to do. What weight are y'all guys running in y'all's diffs? By the way the ssc chassis didn't even stand a chance. Lol

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MidTCrawler View Post
    Found this thread and thought I would post some pics up. I have posted this in a couple of other forums so if you have seen this, sorry.

Here is what I started with.
    BEEF JERKY-doping is against the official SCT-rules!!! Ive got the sneaking suspicion, that the video isnt a time lapse... it must be real time because of the use of an illegal substance!!!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Beholder_74 View Post
    BEEF JERKY-doping is against the official SCT-rules!!! Ive got the sneaking suspicion, that the video isnt a time lapse... it must be real time because of the use of an illegal substance!!!
    Dang! I didn't think anyone would find me out!

RC Enthusiast
    just finished my build and love it havent traction rolled once on the street even doing donuts. i found that a 2-3 layers of gorilla duct tape on th bottom works really good and is really cheap and easy to replace. also im ordering a pr4 motor but what kv is best for a 1/8 scale track 4600kv or 4000kv

RC Racer
    I have more parts on the way!! Got some gunmetal STRC shock towers in my shipment also. They will be here tomorrow. Cant wait. After 9 days at work im ready for some time off.
    Rally GT8 4x4 in progress.
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    Yeah check out MidTCrawlers link. The video is fun to watch. Kevin did a great job with his video and his build. I'm sure the guys will check it out as we all like most anything Slash related. Its like a cult following but in a good way.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by skynex721 View Post
    I have more parts on the way!! Got some gunmetal STRC shock towers in my shipment also. They will be here tomorrow. Cant wait. After 9 days at work im ready for some time off.
    I would think after 9 straight days of work a day off is needed. The gun metal parts looks great. I had them on my Blitz ESE when I was racing one. I thought it was a great color. Then I had the ESE all dyed black so it was a lot nicer looking IMO.

RC Racer
    Now that is just a **** funny post. That made me laugh and put a smile on my face.

RC Racer
    It was bad to wait for the chassis, but its even more bad to have a ready car with a broken receiver. Now Im waiting for an answer of my Spektrum reseller I had sent my receiver to. They hopefully will fix my telemetry receiver for a few bucks. Maybe I will order a non telemetry receiver to test my new car...
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 12-12-2012 at 10:50 AM.

RC Racer
    It was bad to wait for the chassis, but its even more bad to have a ready car with a broken receiver. Now Im waiting for an answer of my Spektrum reseller I had sent my receiver to. They hopefully will fix my telemetry receiver for a few bucks. Maybe I will order a non telemetry receiver to test my new car...
    you an me both man, i think this makes 4-5 people ive heard of breaking a receiver after doing a swap of some sort.

RC Racer
    Man your having some bad luck. Hopefully they will get you all fixed up very soon so you can get back to action.

RC Racer
    inally, the rain stopped and dried up enough to take the STRC Slash for a stroll.
    WOW!!!
    Basically, that is all i can say.
    I truly believe that i will bring home some hardware next racing season.
    Thanks Steve for the great product.

WYD, do you all have racing this weekend? Was going to check it out on the live feed if so.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridic View Post
    inally, the rain stopped and dried up enough to take the STRC Slash for a stroll.
    WOW!!!
    Basically, that is all i can say.
    I truly believe that i will bring home some hardware next racing season.
    Thanks Steve for the great product.

WYD, do you all have racing this weekend? Was going to check it out on the live feed if so.
    Shot you an answer on the other site. Short answer is this Friday a week for our offroad race to start.

RC Qualifier
    Hey MidTCrawler so obviously you're a baller representing the Tekin setup.. How do you like it in comparison to the CC 1415 2400kv? and feel free if you have spares and want to give some away for xmas just pm me and I'll send you my adress lol! Oh yea STRC (Had to throw that in there to keep on topic) ... And not being anywhere as advanced as you in your crazy vid how long do you think it'd take a normal person to put this setup together?
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    Hey MidTCrawler so obviously you're a baller representing the Tekin setup.. How do you like it in comparison to the CC 1415 2400kv? and feel free if you have spares and want to give some away for xmas just pm me and I'll send you my adress lol! Oh yea STRC (Had to throw that in there to keep on topic) ... And not being anywhere as advanced as you in your crazy vid how long do you think it'd take a normal person to put this setup together?
    Let me first say that if you username is an indication of your career choice then Thank You for your service to our country!!! With that out of the way I have not run the truck yet with the new setup and I had the stock motor before. I also cannot compare it to the CC motor either. But my LHS had both Tekin items and since I do like to support local businesses as well as online I put my money there. Once I run the truck I will let you know, but I don't know that I will be able to provide any useful information since I will be comparing it to stock.

As far as time, from what I am reading most are taking a couple of hours. You see about 6 hours of time lapse in my video but realize that I also added all the STRC upgrades which include shock towers, steering bell crank, rear a-arms. Plus Traxxas blue aluminum turnbuckles, Tekin power plant and the Tekno driveshaft. Ironically that is why you see me "surfing" for a short amount of time. I was trying to figure out the o-rings that were included with the shaft but no instructions on where they went. They go in the cups that attach to the output shaft of the transmissions. I only ended up using 3 out of the 4 o-rings, with all 4 it would push out the center differential and bearing. Also the video includes a lunch break of un-recallable time (sometimers) and other breaks including camera fiddling. With that long answer I think it took me about 4 hours of actual build time.

Kevin

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by MidTCrawler View Post
    Let me first say that if you username is an indication of your career choice then Thank You for your service to our country!!! With that out of the way I have not run the truck yet with the new setup and I had the stock motor before. I also cannot compare it to the CC motor either. But my LHS had both Tekin items and since I do like to support local businesses as well as online I put my money there. Once I run the truck I will let you know, but I don't know that I will be able to provide any useful information since I will be comparing it to stock.

As far as time, from what I am reading most are taking a couple of hours. You see about 6 hours of time lapse in my video but realize that I also added all the STRC upgrades which include shock towers, steering bell crank, rear a-arms. Plus Traxxas blue aluminum turnbuckles, Tekin power plant and the Tekno driveshaft. Ironically that is why you see me "surfing" for a short amount of time. I was trying to figure out the o-rings that were included with the shaft but no instructions on where they went. They go in the cups that attach to the output shaft of the transmissions. I only ended up using 3 out of the 4 o-rings, with all 4 it would push out the center differential and bearing. Also the video includes a lunch break of un-recallable time (sometimers) and other breaks including camera fiddling. With that long answer I think it took me about 4 hours of actual build time.

Kevin
    The video is very entertaining..Thanks for sharing Kevin..It took me awhile to figure out O-rings on the Teckno drive shaft as well..I only used two rings; one in each cup..Are you the same Kevin from RCSoup?

ArmySSG..I have run the Tekin rx8 and pro4 4600 kv set-up and its a good sensored combo. The motor demagnetized after less than than 10 runs which was a blessing in disguise cause I upgraded to the tenshock 4600 kv motor and saved $40. The gauge kevin's using in his video is called a caliper. You can get them for about $15 at harbor freight. They're a must for tuning your set-up
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT View Post
    The video is very entertaining..Thanks for sharing Kevin..It took me awhile to figure out O-rings on the Teckno drive shaft as well..I only used two rings; one in each cup..Are you the same Kevin from RCSoup?
    No sir I am not.

ArmySSG..I have run the Tekin rx8 and pro4 4600 kv set-up and its a good sensored combo. The motor demagnetized after less than than 10 runs which was a blessing in disguise cause I upgraded to the tenshock 4600 kv motor and saved $40.
    That is interesting to hear, I hope that doesn't happen to mine.

The gauge kevin's using in his video is called a caliper. You can get them for about $15 at harbor freight. They're a must for tuning your set-up
    Here is the link to the one I'm using. HF had a coupon for these for $9.99, I bought three!

6" Digital Caliper Pittsburgh - Item#47257

Kevin

RC Qualifier
    dont know if anyone has tried this in mounting there mmp but i used a snappy holder. there are 2 ways possible for it to sit will post more pics later after i get it together. thought this might help someone in their build this will be second build. i know there are some more builds out there post your pic please

RC Competitor
    SNAPPY HOLDER ? ? ? ? Part # and where please? thanks

RC Qualifier
    got more pic trying different things comish it is the top of a snappy brace made for the slash specificly for the mmp mine came from another build i was doing but went double tape instead. had the top part so i tried it. not a bad fit. now the rustler box just redrilled some holes and used button head screws same size as the flat head u would have used in the original box.( with the nut )

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    note when you dirill the holes on the rustler box make sure you move it over enough to still access all other holes top pic is close to final install you can see the hole you have to miss.

RC Racer
    ArmySSG the 2400 Castle motor runs well if you run 3 cell lipo. It is popular setup for the Slash 4x4 owners.

RC Competitor
    I am going to get a new motor and speed control for my build. Any recommendations for indoor racing? Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Wyd10- for SHort Course, on 2S best recommended motor? 18/54

Sent from my iPhone4

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    Wyd10- for SHort Course, on 2S best recommended motor? 18/54

Sent from my iPhone4
    I'm partial to Castle Creations and the 3800kv 4 pole they make. I race mine anywhere from 14 to 16/54 depending on the size of the track. For our indoor track I run a 15/54 with timing set to low which is 5 degrees. Start power on low and then setup your drag brakes and other things to your liking. My motor is never more that 145 after a 10 minute A main so I'm very pleased with it for speed, power, and just overall performance.

Many excellent motors out like the Tekin 4000 or 4600 4 poles they have out would be an excellent choice and would have big power as well. I know I see many guys running some of the Tacon motors which I'm not familiar with but they are less expensive. I like the 4 pole motors as they have plenty of torque and very efficient overall. I have no problems making 10 minutes on a 5000 mah 2 cell lipo where some hit lipo shut off in other heavier trucks. The Castle 3800 4 pole is to me a perfect fit for the Slash but again many other motors work fine for many others so I'm just one opinion.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Learo2000GT View Post
    I am going to get a new motor and speed control for my build. Any recommendations for indoor racing? Thanks
    As I just posted I use and race the Castle 3800 4 pole motor. Great combo of speed, power, efficient, and just fits great in a Slash 4x4. It is made for vehicles like Slash. Castle made it for bashers originally but it has turned out to be an excellent overall race motor as well. Tekin has some nice 4 pole motors as well. If you want to keep the cost down the Tacon motors are popular but I honestly just don't know enough about them to I will leave that up to some one that is more familiar with that brand motor.

RC Qualifier
    got some stuff in the mail today to almost finish this build. waiting on drive shafts front and rear also ty vm birdic got that in the mail today also
    Last edited by blknryzn; 12-17-2012 at 10:20 PM.

RC Competitor
    I don't know if I should post this here but I didn't want to start a new thread to ask this. Will the strc chassis work on a stampede 4x4 without changing anything but the center driveshaft. Don't really need all the ground Clarence anymore. And I'd get the protrac kit to make it wider. Just want something bigger (longer) wider and handles alittle better

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tfleig17 View Post
    I don't know if I should post this here but I didn't want to start a new thread to ask this. Will the strc chassis work on a stampede 4x4 without changing anything but the center driveshaft. Don't really need all the ground Clarence anymore. And I'd get the protrac kit to make it wider. Just want something bigger (longer) wider and handles alittle better
    It should work with the STRC lcg chassis kit..I transferred parts from my pede 4x4 to make a SSC slash 4x4..you will need the longer center driveshaft, slash front and rear bumpers and a slash front body mount.
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by blknryzn View Post
    got some stuff in the mail today to almost finish this build. waiting on drive shafts front and rear also ty vm birdic got that in the mail today also
    Glad it finally made it there.

RC Enthusiast

Just a few small things to finish her up... But I thought some of you would like pics.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by xxkiloxx View Post

Just a few small things to finish her up... But I thought some of you would like pics.
    Nice work a little jealous lol!

RC Racer
    If anyone missed the custom colors STRC has very very limited amount left. If your looking for a last minute Christmas gift this will be a great one to buy. Great time to buy no matter what time of year because for the quality and the price its hard to beat. The money you save can be spent on even more hopups so that is a great thing.

RC Racer
    Sorry I forgot who wanted a closer look at my wiring of my truck so here is some better pics of that. The first one is showing how I run my positive battery bullet plug soldered at a 90 degree angle. I plug it into my battery and then put battery holder. Then when I'm ready to run I plug in the negative lead and turn on my truck. This setup gives plenty of clearance under the top plate.

Rest of wiring.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by xxkiloxx View Post
    just noticed the ssc chassis n the background! R you selling it? And how did u get that color?