Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 440 of 771
  1. #401
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cali
    Posts
    444
    hinge pin bent a little?

  2. #402
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cali
    Posts
    444
    hey i would like to know the height of your chassis? also with what tires are you using 2.2 or 2.8 or 1/8 buggy?

  3. #403
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    45
    Superdew what motor and esc is that?

  4. #404
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Germany (near Bonn)
    Posts
    229
    Wiring is not completed because of electronic issues... Maybe I need a new receiver




    Last edited by Beholder_74; 12-07-2012 at 07:45 AM.

  5. #405
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mt. Washington, KY
    Posts
    232
    How do you like the RPM shock guards?

  6. #406
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    110
    funny you should mention electronic issue, after installing my servo my steering was reversed....so, i opened the manual to reverse it back, also set my end points...well, i did my throttle end points too...but you also have to do it on the "wing" esc but the esc got no signal. so i took the receiver out, tested it on my vrc pro adapter and nothing for throttle. i guess i plugged my esc wiring in backwards once or twice and fried the receiver. i bought a new one yesterday as a gamble and it started working.

    eagle, its a -"wing" esc (have to abbreviate here on the forums) and a tacon 4800kv 4pole. i still have to tune the setup a little because its overheating my nimh...hoping lipos are the answer to the problem. its a good setup and i like it a lot, i may end up stepping the kv rating down a bit as im told thats the cause for the heat in the batteries.

  7. #407
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Germany (near Bonn)
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridic View Post
    How do you like the RPM shock guards?
    I like them very much... they dont slip like the stock ones. And as I had my big side/front chrash were my RPM front A-arm was snapped they guarded very well. But Im thinking about bigger shocks because of the additional weight of the STRC chassis... but maybe I just buy some harder spring from Hot Racing...

  8. #408
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Germany (near Bonn)
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by supradrew View Post
    funny you should mention electronic issue, after installing my servo my steering was reversed....so, i opened the manual to reverse it back, also set my end points...well, i did my throttle end points too...but you also have to do it on the "wing" esc but the esc got no signal. so i took the receiver out, tested it on my vrc pro adapter and nothing for throttle. i guess i plugged my esc wiring in backwards once or twice and fried the receiver. i bought a new one yesterday as a gamble and it started working.

    eagle, its a -"wing" esc (have to abbreviate here on the forums) and a tacon 4800kv 4pole. i still have to tune the setup a little because its overheating my nimh...hoping lipos are the answer to the problem. its a good setup and i like it a lot, i may end up stepping the kv rating down a bit as im told thats the cause for the heat in the batteries.
    I think my receiver is broken... I was so silly that I connected theSpectrum Voltage Protector to the telemety ports and now I have problems with steering and throttle...

  9. #409
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    156
    Ok got to work last night and got my truck all done. Just need to change the oils in the shocks and its ready to go. Oh need some chassis protector to keep the bottom of that 4mm bad boy scratch free.




    Oh and the weight of my truck race ready. Just because I lied the first time since my non prototype is even lighter!!!!!!!!!!!! Be even another ounce lighter when I tried it with my lighter Losi body on it. At the end of the day it is less than 6 pounds.


  10. #410
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    156
    Beholder 74 your VW Bug is just sick!!!!!!!!!!! Very awesome.

  11. #411
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Germany (near Bonn)
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by wyd10 View Post
    Beholder 74 your VW Bug is just sick!!!!!!!!!!! Very awesome.
    Thank you Brian... Cant wait to clean the wires like you... I like the clean design of your wiring... And uuuuuuh... the castle ESC seems very small...

  12. #412
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    45
    @super dew what amperage do u suggest for that motor

  13. #413
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    the giant boot. Anybody?
    Posts
    2,727
    pull the hinge pin's and give them a good cleaning, I like to hit them with pldge furniture polish to pull the inbedded dirt out. I also clean the inside of the hinge pin hole's on the arm's with a drill bit the same size as the hinge pin. Never made the arm hole to big, no slop. Another thing are they touching the chassis on the hinge end?
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

  14. #414
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Beholder_74 View Post
    Thank you Brian... Cant wait to clean the wires like you... I like the clean design of your wiring... And uuuuuuh... the castle ESC seems very small...
    It does leave a lot of room thats for sure. I really think its a great combo for the Slash 4x4. Seems to me like the right amount of power, speed, and very efficient so you don't need big batteries if you run 10 minute races like we do for our mains.

  15. #415
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MS
    Posts
    90
    wyd I noticed a weight change in mine too it is nice to be lighter then stock. I was afraid I would get scratches on the underside of mine but my shock setup does not bottom out on this chassis and so no scratches after a full day of racing on an outdoor semi prepared dirt track. Any suggestions on how to make my truck faster through the slower turns on a semi loose dirt track, I am running badlands with silver front and rear swaybars with losi shocks, medium springs and 3 mm preload on the front and 5mm on the rear.

  16. #416
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mt. Washington, KY
    Posts
    232
    Used some of my "U" gasket on the chassis for a little extra protection when the chassis bottoms out.
    We shall see...once the rain stops.


  17. #417
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by turnleft327 View Post
    wyd I noticed a weight change in mine too it is nice to be lighter then stock. I was afraid I would get scratches on the underside of mine but my shock setup does not bottom out on this chassis and so no scratches after a full day of racing on an outdoor semi prepared dirt track. Any suggestions on how to make my truck faster through the slower turns on a semi loose dirt track, I am running badlands with silver front and rear swaybars with losi shocks, medium springs and 3 mm preload on the front and 5mm on the rear.
    I went to 10k front diff oil instead of the 15 I ran and that gave me more off power steering. Depending on what rear hubs you have you could go a little less toe in as well. A longer front camber link depending on where you yours would help as well.

  18. #418
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    110
    bridic, can you elaborate on "u gasket"? how thick would you say, just a standard decal/sticker thickness?

  19. #419
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mt. Washington, KY
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by supradrew View Post
    bridic, can you elaborate on "u gasket"? how thick would you say, just a standard decal/sticker thickness?
    I will post up some information in a bit.

    Sent from Galaxy S III.

  20. #420
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mt. Washington, KY
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridic View Post
    I will post up some information in a bit.

    Sent from Galaxy S III.
    The "U" gasket is similar to this: http://www.panduit.com/Support/Searc...650+4294436346

    Going to see if I can get some with adhesive to help keep it from sliding.

  21. #421
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cali
    Posts
    444
    hey for those of you using stock shocks, what weight oil are you using and/or did you use when you had the stock shocks? i know to upgrade them and i will but right now im on the stockers. suggestions please you can express your opinion on shocks too but i need the oil weight info more right now.

  22. #422
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Germany (near Bonn)
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by blknryzn View Post
    hey for those of you using stock shocks, what weight oil are you using and/or did you use when you had the stock shocks? i know to upgrade them and i will but right now im on the stockers. suggestions please you can express your opinion on shocks too but i need the oil weight info more right now.
    It depends a little bit on your driving style... I use 42,5wt in front and 32,5wt rear. Stock they filled with 50wt front and 40wt rear. A good and cheap upgrade for the stock shocks are the linear Hot Racing spring sets with 3 different rates. One Set for front and one for rear for ten dollars each.

  23. #423
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    76
    I am starting my build this weekend and wanted to get opinions of what motor/esc combo I currently own would be the best set up for racing occasionally and bashing (maybe I shouldn't think of bashing? )
    Here is what I currently own;
    Motors
    Tekin 13.5 sensered
    Tekin 8.5 sensor
    Velenion 3500
    Cc 2650 (don't think it will fit)

    Speed controls:
    Tekin rs pro
    Novak (can't remember model it's hooked up to my 8.5)
    Vxl-3s
    Mamba max pro.

    I have a built slash 4x4 and a 1/10 rally. So my plan is to use the strc lcg as a racing set up and put the rest of my hop ups on my rally. My slash 4x4 is currently built with mmp 2650, d8 shocks, Robinson racing slipper, MIPS all the way around 1/8 wheels and all supporting hop ups.

    So what I would like to come out with is a nice strc lcg set up and an upgraded rally bashing set up.

    Which brings up one last question. Should I go with the 1/8 tires on the strc lcg 4x4 or rally? Any and all help appreciated.

    Any input help would be greatly appreciated.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  24. #424
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    cali
    Posts
    444
    ty be will try that to start

  25. #425
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    333
    WYD Im getting ready to pull the triggeer on the STRC LCG chassis and also getting the MMP SCT combo with 3800kv motor. I see you are running the same setup. Could you recommend what gearing setup I should start out with?
    No Limit RC of Maryland

  26. #426
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Royersford, Pa
    Posts
    542
    the more i see of this chassis the more i think about switching from my ssc.
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

  27. #427
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    110
    my buddy has the ssc, ill take pics next to his for comparison on monday if he shows, i hope. honestly i was sold on price, but im glad i waited and didnt do the ssc and thats solely based on opinion of appearance, i just think it looks better...especially with the carbon fiber...i love it!

  28. #428
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    333
    I just placed my order and according to the website there are still a few of the first run color options available! I ordered the orange anodized chassis and a set of C hubs and the HD steering bellcrank set both in gun metal! I also ordered a few more goodies for this build. You guys have some great looking builds and I cant wait to get mine started!!
    No Limit RC of Maryland

  29. #429
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    45
    what would be a good motor for the chassis. i have an rx8, but would a pro4 4000kv or 4600kv motor be best. im using 2s and only can use 540 motors

  30. #430
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Royersford, Pa
    Posts
    542
    Quote Originally Posted by supradrew View Post
    my buddy has the ssc, ill take pics next to his for comparison on monday if he shows, i hope. honestly i was sold on price, but im glad i waited and didnt do the ssc and thats solely based on opinion of appearance, i just think it looks better...especially with the carbon fiber...i love it!
    That would be awesome! I have nothing against the SSC, it took me from a mid pack finisher to top 3 week in and week out, but the strc seems to get the weight even lower. That combined with a little better driving i think might just put me over the top... plus i think i could sell the ssc to offset some of the cost..
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

  31. #431
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    110
    wyd, how come you get the nice clear stickers and we got ours with light blue background? what gives man, lol.

    not a valid complaint, but i would rep more if the stickers had no background color...or were atleast white/black background.
    also, i would like to point out that i see you solved the front sway bar "sway"/wobble problem with this setup but didnt share...thats just mean.

    skitlerz, if i were you, id be halfway tempted to buy a few extra parts and simply build another slash, lol.
    Last edited by supradrew; 12-09-2012 at 05:44 PM.

  32. #432
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    9
    Hi,
    Got a big package before the weekend! Yesterday first test run done. Me like!







    /Daniel

  33. #433
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by supradrew View Post
    wyd, how come you get the nice clear stickers and we got ours with light blue background? what gives man, lol.

    not a valid complaint, but i would rep more if the stickers had no background color...or were atleast white/black background.
    also, i would like to point out that i see you solved the front sway bar "sway"/wobble problem with this setup but didnt share...thats just mean.

    skitlerz, if i were you, id be halfway tempted to buy a few extra parts and simply build another slash, lol.
    How well do these hardcase batteries fit? I've been slowly switching all my batteries to this type, they seem to be far more durable then soft case, I've had some many cases start to break, although I think they are lasting longer since I gave up using the hold down slips and started with velcro straps, keeps them tighter and more snug. But I still like the hardcase more, I only need a few wire leads then I can neatly stack my batteries in a carrying case! its Great!

  34. #434
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    156
    Hard case batteries fit great on the new chassis setup. I have room to spare even with my 2mm foam battery cushion I put on my truck. Not needed but I did it just because I had the room.

  35. #435
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    156
    Someone posted about my decal. That is one of the old original ones I got from STRC when I bought parts for some of my other stuff I bought a year back. Steve tried some new decals and found that they are not so nice so is working on some new much better decals.

    STRC has a limited amount of different color anodized setups available. He had a few extra left over so for a limited time til they run out Steve has some other color chassis setups available. So if you missed the initial order you might still be able to get a different color. He has whats available on the STRC site.

  36. #436
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    45
    i just finished my build and wondering why i have 5-10 extra screws and a chrome screw with a hole in the middle and threads on wither side. any ideas on what they are for. thanks

  37. #437
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mt. Washington, KY
    Posts
    232
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle575 View Post
    i just finished my build and wondering why i have 5-10 extra screws and a chrome screw with a hole in the middle and threads on wither side. any ideas on what they are for. thanks
    I had a few left over screws.
    The "silver" one is to replace your steering rod that connects to your servo.

  38. #438
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mt. Washington, KY
    Posts
    232
    Just put some 50wt oil in the shocks with losi green and blue springs.
    I don't think this is going to be enough to keep the front end up.
    I am thinking i need to up the oil wt and change to some stiffer springs.

    What is everyone running for springs and oil wt?

  39. #439
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1
    Hi, im wondering if any of you guys would know when the new traxxas slash 4x4 LCG Chassis? Because im going to buy the traxxas slash 4x4 platium and I would love to get this new type of truck!

  40. #440
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    110
    just what this thread needs, MORE PICS!
    but as promised, heres my pics i took of mine and mikes ssc car tonight...thanks again man!








    no major perks to note out of either setup that i can think of...i like the battery setup he has, but i like my adjustable motor mount better than his. the ssc "feels" heavier but we havnt weighed em out. i like the fact that with the strc, i got to keep the stock nerf bars and that my servo lays down lower...but these are minor perks and wont matter much to most people, just personal preference.

    it was also nice to see another strc chassis repping out at the track tonight!

    i could def use some more practice before i could personally compare the performance differences of the 2...the other strc vs ssc seemed to stick pretty close most of the time, i was too busy crashing/making stupid mistakes to pay much attention to them racing...hoping these guys will chime in eventually

    overall, i havnt had this much fun driving (even with all the garbage driving i was doing) the truck is PLANTED now. much MUCH more control, rolls are a LOT better-i found many times where i would normally turtle-back it and this chassis kept the momentum up enough to make it roll back on all 4's again-i was surprised to see how many times it did this...that one fact alone makes it worth every penny to me.

    im glad i invested in the chassis protector, i think id have a lot less green right now if i didnt, prob the best 8 bucks i ever spent.

    as for shock tuning, im running the proline powerstroke's with red/red and 50w-both all the way around. i think i like the 50w better than the 35 i had but our track conditions are always changing...too wet/too dry/additional pits/divits, every week is a new learning curve. i have a rear end slide problem but im using the slipper, so i guess ill try and work with the center diff and just get used to it.
    Last edited by supradrew; 12-10-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •