Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    RC Competitor
    Thanks wyd my competitors felt the same way this past weekend.

RC Racer
    Once everyone gets them out on the dirt, we need to share set-up sheets.

RC Racer
    Hopefully the chassis arrives this week. I have to wait a little bit longer because Im located in Germany. Everything is ready for conversion.
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 12-04-2012 at 01:46 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Beholder_74 View Post
    Hopefully the chassis arrives this week. I have to wait a little bit longer because Im located in Germany. Everything is ready for conversion.
    Something i forgot to do as I was getting everything installed was rotating the servo horn 90 degrees before attaching the servo to the chassis. Doing it after is not a huge issue, just not much room for the tools.

Have fun and let us know if you have any questions/issues.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridic View Post
    Have fun and let us know if you have any questions/issues.
    Thanx... its nice to see a small community is growing here. Im a little bit dissapointed, that not many builds are posted here...
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 12-04-2012 at 05:49 PM.

RC Racer
    Thanx... its nice to see a small community is growing here. Im a little bit dissapointed, that not many builds are posted here...
    Guys are having too much fun. The other thing is actually you would be surprised how many buy stuff like this chassis and never really go to different forums. Some just read the info and then buy one but never post anything.

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    sorry bout it beiong sideways lol

RC Racer
    Seems like the old slash flipping when turning has been reduced greatly.
    Thanks for posting the video.

RC Qualifier
    inside havoc ballistic 4.5t ,havoc pro esc w/x-drive, savox 1258t ,airtronics rec, STRC chassis, traxxas cvds, everything else TRAXXAS.

RC Qualifier
    yes greatly is an understatement my chassis sits 1 inch in the rear and 3/4 of an inch in the front in my testing i have rolled it once running 2's geared 13/54 for now just testing. i am so happy i waited cant wait to build the blue one lol

RC Qualifier

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by blknryzn View Post
    sorry bout it beiong sideways lol
    Yeah it does kinda look like the old slash flipping and rolling but it could have somethig to do with you servo steering rate, ride height and suspension. I want to see some STRC 4x4 offroad track footage to see how it handles in the dirt and jumps.

Does anyone have a STRC 4x4 in the Orlando, FL area?? PM me if you do..
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Racer
    Just a short question... I want to be ready when the chassis arrives. Ive got the blue Dynamite 4 hole servo horn. Its a little bit longer than the stock servo horn. Do I have to cut the last hole to make it fit? The third hole has the same position like the hole from the stock one...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ervo-Horn-Blue

yes greatly is an understatement my chassis sits 1 inch in the rear and 3/4 of an inch in the front in my testing i have rolled it once running 2's geared 13/54 for now just testing. i am so happy i waited cant wait to build the blue one lol
    I think the flipping has to do something with the ride height. I just can do this statement based on driving the stock chassis. For me it was always important to have the complete chassis parallel to the ground. I also look after the driveshafts to be parallel to the ground (best power transmission) which defines my ride height. Last but not least... the springs should be hard as possible when driving on concrete. But thats just my oppinion...
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 12-05-2012 at 02:20 AM.

RC Racer

Took a little extra work but it was worth it.
    Last edited by skynex721; 12-05-2012 at 02:22 AM.
    Backslash 4x4
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by skynex721 View Post
    Took a little extra work but it was worth it.
    Nice car! Just one more pic with body mounted, please.

RC Racer
    Just a short question... I want to be ready when the chassis arrives. Ive got the blue Dynamite 4 hole servo horn. Its a little bit longer than the stock servo horn. Do I have to cut the last hole to make it fit? The third hole has the same position like the hole from the stock one...
    If you look at the pictures I posted, one shows the servo mounted. Although it's not the stock servo, it's the stock servo arm. More then likely your servo arm will hit the bottom plate.
    Backslash 4x4
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by skynex721 View Post
    If you look at the pictures I posted, one shows the servo mounted. Although it's not the stock servo, it's the stock servo arm. More then likely your servo arm will hit the bottom plate.
    Thanx for the info pal... Just one more question. Could you measure the space between Servo and the right ESC screw hole for me (L*W*H). It would be nice to mount a receiverbox in between...

RC Competitor
    Beholder_74 from my build experience there will be no way to mount a receiver box in that area.

DriveItLikeYaStoleIt sorry no video of mine on the track this past weekend. I can tell you it handles a lot better then the stock chassis did offroad. A section of track that I always had unpredictable handling even if I enter the section the same every time was the whoops section and this chassis handled the same every time I hit that section. The guys that drive losi's at our track are rethinking their switch from traxxas to losi after they saw this chassis run.
    I would also like to mention that I had no setup time on this chassis before I raced so it was a carry over setup from my stock plastic chassis. I am using most of slayden's setup as my base setup.

RC Racer
    skynex721 that looks like a ton of motor in that Slash.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by turnleft327 View Post
    Beholder_74 from my build experience there will be no way to mount a receiver box in that area.

DriveItLikeYaStoleIt sorry no video of mine on the track this past weekend. I can tell you it handles a lot better then the stock chassis did offroad. A section of track that I always had unpredictable handling even if I enter the section the same every time was the whoops section and this chassis handled the same every time I hit that section. The guys that drive losi's at our track are rethinking their switch from traxxas to losi after they saw this chassis run.
    I would also like to mention that I had no setup time on this chassis before I raced so it was a carry over setup from my stock plastic chassis. I am using most of slayden's setup as my base setup.
    That setup should have you started in the right area. I started with that setup and then changed to 5k rear, 60k center, and 10k front worked good for me. I need to change my oils some on my Proline shocks for the next time out but overall it was good starting setup. I like a good amount of off power steering and that worked for me.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by turnleft327 View Post
    Maybe I have to think about a custom chassis guard from outerwears to avoid the use of a receiver box. But one thing is for sure...I will mount the receiver to the lower deck... Anyway... the idea I had in mind was to adhere a stripe of velcro to the upper deck to mount a custom made outerwears guard that I can wrap around the edges of each side of the chassis. I like the idea to flap the sides of the outerwears guard to get seperate access to each side of the chassis without the need to remove the whole guard.
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 12-05-2012 at 12:11 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    So Can I'm not using the steering arm that came with the kit, because me ball ends wouldn't screw on to it. Am I going to screw anything up because of this?

RC Racer
    Finally... ITS ARRIVED! ITS ARRIVED! Chassis with 2 Diff bells... And I dont had to pay 20% toll because the delivery service of DHL didnt asked for it! hehehehehehe!!! What a nice day!!!
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 12-06-2012 at 04:42 AM.

RC Racer
    Finally... ITS ARRIVED! ITS ARRIVED! Chassis with 2 Diff bells... And I dont had to pay 20% toll because the delivery service of DHL didnt asked for it! hehehehehehe!!! What a nice day!!!
    That is great news.
    Now get that thing put together and post some pics, lol.

RC Qualifier
    SO how long is it taking you guys to get the build complete after unboxing?
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmySSG View Post
    SO how long is it taking you guys to get the build complete after unboxing?
    With dis-assembly and assembly, it took me about 2ish hours, but I was just taking my time.

RC Racer
    Here is a short video another customer did and posted a link from the site he is on. It is a time lapse video of his build. It was fun to watch and no Jack Links jerky in the video either.

youtu.be/gC86vzq4VFU

RC Racer

Thumbs up

Today I promise to get working on my Slash lcg setup. I been slacking and just got too busy at the shop the last two days but today I don't have to work and the shop won't be really busy that I would have to help out so its all about my STRC LCG Slash tonight. I will get some pics as well that I have slacked on to. Hope to get all my wiring done as well tonight so it looks nice and tidy.

RC Qualifier
    Why do you need STRC when you have the Traxxas LCG one?
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC Competitor
    Its made of aluminum, the motor mount is also aluminum and looks a lot better. The cost of this chassis is a few dollars more then a full conversion to the traxxas lcg chassis, also the aftermarket has not produced an aluminum motor mount for the new chassis yet.

RC Racer
    A little protection for the bottom.

RC Enthusiast
    What is it on the bottom

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by eagle575 View Post
    What is it on the bottom
    It is an orange vinyl.
    I know rocks will tear it up but I have plenty, lol.

Sent from Galaxy S III.

RC Qualifier
    from where bridic?

RC Racer
    from where bridic?
    from www.signwarehouse.com
    With a 10 yard roll will allow plenty for replacements.

RC Qualifier
    - 15 inch x 10 yds - Pizzazz Orange?

RC Racer
    I need to find the paper work to know the exact color as i already had this material.
    If you are looking for some orange, PM me your address and I will send you a section.

RC Racer
    heres mine all built up. took me 6 days, lol...in reality, it took me about 4hrs (keep in mind teardown only took about 20-30min) i was going to use a stainless screw kit and got about 1/4 way through and changed my mind when i started rounding off screw heads (the stainless kit i got is pretty soft) then i had some troubles finding out how to mount the front sway bar...also im using a different esc im not allowed to mention apparently its a 120a next to a 4800kv 4pole. i got a little creative with mounting but requred me to remove the top brace after having it installed...and i had a few other install/removal hiccups like mounting my 7cell nimh.
    honestly, the biggest time consumer was finding the correct length screws, and loc-titing them.

ok, heres the pics...dont mind the cat/dog hair, ive only got to play with it inside the house so far.

heres a closeup of how i mounted my batteries, it seems to be holding well enough id leave it permanently but i planned on lipos anyways. note the rear "L" bracket is only held in with one screw and its been flipped/rotated to give just a hair more length in the battery tray.

and heres a center brace that i dont understand the purpose for other than to do this...simply wrap velcro through it and the nerf bar and viola!

and while we're on topic of chassis protectors, ive been dreading taking this thing to the track scratching it all up...well i found something awesome today. it comes with 2 sheets, its pretty thick as you can see in the close-ups...its about .25mm thick and it goes on just like a cell phone protector. i bought it cause it was clear, didnt know how thick it was until i went to put it on. im very happy with it, plus i have another once this ones all bashed up. its so nice you can barely tell its there in the pics. also realized another bonus to the protector, keeps all the screw heads nice and clean!

Last edited by supradrew; 12-06-2012 at 08:01 PM.

RC Competitor
    my a arms are very stiff any ideas why