Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    thanks as I didn't realize the last one has been posted.
    You have until the 12th to order your custom color!!

http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...&path=80_81_87
    Last edited by Bridic; 11-06-2012 at 01:28 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by wyd10 View Post
    I like the idea of the rally car version receiver box. I might even check one of those out.
    And I like the idea to have some TRAXXAS-parts on my car.

Thanx for the last article. In the first chapter of it, steve talked about the reasons why I decided to buy the STRC-LCG-Kit, too. My stock chassis was broken and just a few days before I thought that I will buy a aluminum motormount. I heard about the TRAXXAS LCG and thought that I will buy it next. Speculations in some RC-threads said it will cost around 70$. As I added the costs of a aluminum motormount (that isnt availabel now) I wasnt far away from the STRC-Kit price. I purchased some STRC parts before (bellcrank, hex-adapters, battery-strap, drifeshaft front hub) I had the crash and knew about their great quality. And it wasnt a hard decission to jump on the STRC-LCG train. No more wobbling plastic Just a few weeks and I will receive this great piece of custom adonized aluminum! "happy, happy, joy, joy!"

@Brian and Steve: I hope the chassis will be a great success for STRC! Thanks for the great work and the look behind the curtain
    Looking forward to new slash 4x4 bone driveshafts made by STRC.

Greets and best wishes from Germany
    Peter
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 11-06-2012 at 03:14 PM.

RC Racer
    Ordered some transparent protection foil to save the bottom of the chassis from scratches. Just need an idea to cutout the holes for the screws. Maybe I will take a sharp drill...

RC Racer
    I placed a question about the receiverbox dimensions on the Rally 1/10 section. Maybe it will fit between servo an ESC on the STRC chassis...

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...0-Rally-owners

Received an quick answer from kwitty

Here are close numbers.......from outside each extending screw that holds the top on about 54mm
    The height to the area where the led light shines through is about....................................42mm
    And the length and this is at the top/bottom seam which is wider than the base..................53mm

@Brian/Steve: Does it fit between servo and receiver? I think its very big...
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 11-06-2012 at 06:04 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Beholder_74 View Post
    Ordered some transparent protection foil to save the bottom of the chassis from scratches. Just need an idea to cutout the holes for the screws. Maybe I will take a sharp drill...
    You can use a reamer tool.
    Where did you order the material.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridic View Post
    You can use a reamer tool.
    Where did you order the material.
    Never bought such a tool, maybe now its neccessary. I ordered the foil here in Germany... you´ve got the link in your inbox. You can get it at E-beach too, for sure.
    The foil is 80 µm thick (didnt found a thicker one)... I think I will use 2 layers...
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 11-07-2012 at 01:34 AM.

RC Racer
    Never bought such a tool, maybe now its neccessary. I ordered the foil here in Germany... you´ve got the link in your inbox. You can get it at E-beach too, for sure.
    The foil is 80 µm thick (didnt found a thicker one)... I think I will use 2 layers...
    Here is one that is pretty reasonable cost.
    http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...FQ45nAod6DMAGg

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridic View Post
    Here is one that is pretty reasonable cost.
    http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...FQ45nAod6DMAGg
    Thank you... very nice price!

RC Racer
    One thing I been reading on other threads is about laying down their servo flat off the chassis. With the STRC LCG chassis this is already been done for you so you can have the lowest CG of any LCG on the market. Plenty of room on the chassis to keep everything low.:nod:

Another thing I have noticed that with the STRC chassis setup that I do not bend or break screws that are used for chassis braces. I noticed on several other setup at our shop guys have been bending or breaking off screws in their braces running to the top deck. This means the chassis is flexing or toplate is flexing a good amount to break of a M3 screw. With the 4mm thick chassis on the STRC if your bending screws more than likely your going well past what the chassis was actually made for.

RC Racer
    Just read article #5 in the series that Steve has been doing about the 4x4 Slash LCG chassis from idea, to prototype, to testing. Then I read all the articles as if I was a new customer surfing the STRC website. It was very informative and if I was new or even if I was in this hobby for a long time I learned a lot. My personal feelings is it really gets the consumer into the whole process from start to finish.

Steve thanks for taking all the time out of your day to take the pictures and write up the articles explaining how it all happened. What great insight on how products are made from start to finish.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by wyd10 View Post
    Steve thanks for taking all the time out of your day to take the pictures and write up the articles explaining how it all happened. What great insight on how products are made from start to finish.
    ^^Ditto^^

The articles you posted on STRC and the information provided here by WYD, together is what made pre-order the chassis.
    Thanks to both of you.

RC Qualifier
    I have 2 questions for you wyd10, could you put a mamba monster (4274 motor size) on this frame just like the original slash 4x4 or you are limited to 36mm can ? In the picture I see a center diff could you run with the slipper clutch ?

Thank !
    Stampede 4x4 1415 1Y 2400kv, 4S 5200 30C

RC Racer
    Cant wait to get my STRC-LCG... An aluminum chassis must be a big improvement in comparsion to a plastic chassis. If i remember the time of my youth, where I was a mountain bike fanatic, the first aluminum frames were released. I just had an Cro-Mo bike and my thought was, that there were nothing better than this kind of frame material. A good friend of mine bought a KLEIN MTB at this time that was made of high quality aluminum. Yeah, it was very expensive, but it was wort the money. I never drove a stiffer frame than this. Every crank rotation was send to the ground directly. I wasnt an expert in the field of mountainbiking, but it was an experience I will never forget. Hopefully the STRC Chassis generates a similar feeling to me... you can delete "hopefully"... I´m sure that the STRC chassi is great
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 11-07-2012 at 01:15 PM.

RC Racer
    The slipper setup will work. Motor wise I know Steve tested with one of the larger Tekin motors so think it would fit but way overkill.

RC Racer
    Cant wait to get my STRC-LCG... An aluminum chassis must be a big improvement in comparsion to a plastic chassis. If i remember the time of my youth, where I was a mountain bike fanatic, the first aluminum frames were released. I just had an Cro-Mo bike and my thought was, that there were nothing better than this kind of frame material. A good friend of mine bought a KLEIN MTB at this time that was made of high quality aluminum. Yeah, it was very expensive, but it was wort the money. I never drove a stiffer frame than this. Every crank rotation was send to the ground directly. I wasnt an expert in the field of mountainbiking, but it was an experience I will never forget. Hopefully the STRC Chassis generates a similar feeling to me... you can delete "hopefully"... I´m sure that the STRC chassi is great
    I use to have a nice Schwinn Homegrown Factory Team full suspension bike many years back when Schwinn was still a good bike and not sold in department stores.

RC Qualifier
    So excited to get mine. I have both LCG 2wd and soon to be 4x4.

I'm already planning on making a guard for running in sand, going to do a lot of work on the sand track in the spring time and building another one a 10 min walk from my house out of clay. it will be a smooth dirt drifting track. I find the loose tracks a lot more fun than near concrete tracks.

I can't wait to see the LCG powerslide, if the stock chassis could do it I bet this one will be sick!

RC poster
    Any idea if they will be producing a motor mount that will work with the TQI telemetry? (magnet and hall effect sensor).

I would jump at this LCG chassis but want to keep the RPM sensor and don't see if it's possible to mount that still..

RC Racer
    November 12th is the last day for preorders to get the custom anodized chassis for your STRC LCG conversion for 99 dollars. For those just looking this is a one time run of custom colors for those that pre order their new LCG Slash 4x4. Bang for the buck is unbeatable from anyone out and pennies on the dollar more than the plastic LCG Slash setup its a total win win for the consumer.

It has the awesome motor mount, 2.5mm graphite top plate and 4mm aluminum chassis with all hardware needed for this direct conversion. Has custom front sway bar mounts and has the servo mounted off the chassis so this setup is true LCG setup. Everything is below the top deck if you want it to be. Don't miss out.

RC Qualifier
    Do you know when they are shipping?I ordered my blue one a while back

Sent from my Galaxy Note

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post

Sent from my Galaxy Note
    From what I seen/read, they hope to start shipping pre-orders after Thanksgiving but wyd can correct me if I am wrong.

RC Qualifier
    As long as I get it before Christmas, I should soon have my 2wd done

Sent from my Galaxy Note

RC Racer
    It would be interesting to know, how many pre-ordered colors are out there, when the pre-order process is ended. Maybe its possible to hand out an information to every pre-ordered chassis. For example: Blue colored chassis No. 6 of 10 worldwide.

Just an idea to underline the exclusiveness.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post

Sent from my Galaxy Note
    The pre orders will ship to the anodizer on roughly the 13th or 14th and then shipping to the customers right after or right at Thanksgiving is what the schedule is now.

RC Racer
    does strc have a color tablet. i think i want green/hard combo but im not sure what color green to expect.

hard anodized is like a gunmetal gray color correct?

edit, im stupid...so ill answer my own questions.
    here is an example of strc's green....i would say army/ halo green would be a good title

and heres a quote from the site
    Please note that our hard anodized usually produce a dark gun metal-ish color shade
    Last edited by supradrew; 11-09-2012 at 09:34 PM.

RC Qualifier
    What is the size of bearing in the motor mount, it is the same cheap bearing 10x15x4mm or big 10x19x4mm ?

Thank you wyd10 !

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by samintrepid View Post
    What is the size of bearing in the motor mount, it is the same cheap bearing 10x15x4mm or big 10x19x4mm ?

Thank you wyd10 !
    I will answer for wyd10... Its the standart bearing size. The problems with the bearing has nothing to do with its size. The problems are the flex with the stock motor mount and flexing chassi.

Check out the other forum threads...
    http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ming-soon.html
    http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/t...ts-coming.html

RC poster
    Just ordered mine>>>>>>Black/Black>>>>>can't wait.......................

RC Racer
    I will answer for wyd10... Its the standart bearing size. The problems with the bearing has nothing to do with its size. The problems are the flex with the stock motor mount and flexing chassi.

Check out the other forum threads...
    http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ming-soon.html
    http://www.rcshortcourse.com/forum/t...ts-coming.html
    Thank you. You just convinced me not to buy it. There is no reason I can think of to make an aftermarket conversion that uses the standard size bearing, regardless of the supposed reason for failure.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ta_man View Post
    Thank you. You just convinced me not to buy it. There is no reason I can think of to make an aftermarket conversion that uses the standard size bearing, regardless of the supposed reason for failure.
    I was thinking about a motormount with a bigger sized bearing too (dont ask me why?), before I crashed my stock chassis. Yeah, I had an broken bearing, too. Sorry, but my believe in the words of Steve and Brian (wyd10) are strong enough and thats why I preordered the chassis. I dont think, that there is a reason for steve to integrate a bearing size that did not do the job. And if you had read all the articles about the construction and all the testing of the chassis at the STRC website, you didnt have a doubt, too.

I trust in statements that were based on experience (hello to Brian). Statements based on marketing purposes are just bad jokes I never trust in!
    It would be interesting to know good reasons that will speak for a bigger sized bearing... Reasons like "big is better" are not accepted.
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 11-10-2012 at 05:31 PM.

RC Racer
    i have been running the stock size bearing from day one. I have not had any issues what so ever. You hear about a bigger bearing is better and it might be but to me, i say it is the same, performance wise. Not sure what advantage one would get with the bigger bearing. The larger bearings will get just as dirty and just as hot as the stock bearings but the aluminum motor mount will help with the heat. I see the larger bearing as unneeded upgrade, in my opinion.

RC Qualifier
    I have not had any issues with the bearing, just keep it clean, it just gets dirty and stiff then just locks up

Sent from my Galaxy Note

RC Racer
    I think, that there is only one reason why people think about a motormount with the big bearing. I thought the same way too, before I read the statement of Brian. People who want to buy a aluminum motormount want get the best and savest solution to avoid the bearing problem, which is not just a legend. The price difference between an aluminum motormount with an small or a big bearing isnt so big. And thats the reason why most people think, that the big bearing mount is the better solution. I never heard about a customer who isnt satisfied with an aluminum motormount , regardless of the bearing size.
    And one thing is for sure, the STRC-chassis is the best solution to avoid flexing and heat issues in the whole center-drifeshaft area, because its made of aluminum.

PS: I didnt pre-ordered the custom blue chassis because of the LRP-claim "Blue is better"
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 11-10-2012 at 07:22 PM.

RC Competitor
    You can also put the 1/10 Rally chassis on the Slash with a few bits and pieces.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by pfleeger2010 View Post
    You can also put the 1/10 Rally chassis on the Slash with a few bits and pieces.
    That is so very true but there are perks going to an aluminum chassis plus the motor mount is pretty sweet. The 4mm chassis will remove almost all the flex in the chassis which will help in track times. If you are only bashing, then the rally chassis might be the way to go.

Sent from Galaxy S III.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by pfleeger2010 View Post
    But dont think, that this is a much cheaper solution... If you want to buy an aluminum motormount (not available now) for the Rally chassis you are near the price of the STRC.

RC Qualifier
    30 min run at the sand track and this small bearing 10x15x4mm are full of sand and locked

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by samintrepid View Post
    30 min run at the sand track and this small bearing 10x15x4mm are full of sand and locked
    I never saw a slipper clutch with so much dirt on it. Did you use an overtray or an outerwears cover?Did you closed the driveshaft front with the velcro trick (very important at the stock chassis!)? If not... thats the way to go!
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 11-11-2012 at 04:46 AM.

RC Racer
    @samintrepid: Youve got a dirt problem and not a bearing problem, thats my oppinion. Dont fight against the consequences of the problem, you have to fix the problem at its initial point. When I take a look at your slipper clutch, it seems like that you have to clean it after every run and it does not make a difference if youve got a small or big bearing. I dont want to clean my Diff after every run...

@All:
    I will create a chassis dirtguard by my own. After a lot of research I find the "Custom Made" section at the Outerwears site... yes, I posted it before... http://www.outerwearsracing.com/products.asp?cat=11446
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 11-11-2012 at 06:46 AM.

RC Qualifier
    @samintrepid: Youve got a dirt problem and not a bearing problem, thats my oppinion. Dont fight against the consequences of the problem, you have to fix the problem at its initial point. When I take a look at your slipper clutch, it seems like that you have to clean it after every run and it does not make a difference if youve got a small or big bearing. I dont want to clean my Diff after every run...

@All:
    I will create a chassis dirtguard by my own. After a lot of research I find the "Custom Made" section at the Outerwears site... yes, I posted it before... http://www.outerwearsracing.com/products.asp?cat=11446
    I'm doing the same thing, I have a dusty motors cover and some lexan, sheet metal and just make up a small guard to keep dirt out. I'm kicking a few ideas around but I need to have the chassis in front of me, or at least a high res picture.

RC Racer
    Sorry you missing out. If a 3 dollar bearing size is a problem by all means go with another setup. You can buy a ton of bearings for 60 dollar plus savings but **** what do I know after 25 years of racing!!!!!!!!!

For the rest of you guys you still have one more day to preorder so don't miss out. Get a LCG setup like no others out and save a chunk of change while doing it.