Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    I really like the new chassis a lot. I did lower my body some this week by almost a 1/4" I think that helped me out some for sure. I noticed other trucks sit very low so I will be lowering my lid even more next time at the shop which because of the huge Storm Sandy I will be at the shop today by 3pm while where closed to work on stuff.

I only have two weeks of testing and durability is not a problem at all. Setup wise I been working on mine making it better each weekend so far. Will try no sway bars as Lenman73 suggested and I wan to go just a tick slower oil in the rear from my 30wt to I think 32 1/2 and 35 front. Currently have 30wt rear and 32 1/2 front. Also want to move my camber links in the rear. I think I will shorten them one hole and see how that feels.

This weeks changes where going to the Traxxas rear alum. hubs to give me more rear toe in and moving my front steering link to the on the knuckle to the front hole instead of the rear hole (which really gave me some killer off power and mid steering. Took me a little to get use to.

Lenmen73 suggested trying with no sway bars so I will give it a try and see how it feels at out track and report results for everyone.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridic View Post
    Seems you are loving the new chassis.
    Hope the pre order open this week so we can all fall in love with it.
    Thanks for the update.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes I do enjoy the new setup over the stock one. No more unexpected traction rolls in corners of slowing up to keep from rolling up on two wheels. While its fun sometimes its also no so fun at other times.

I will get a few more pics tonight when I go to the shop and get a picture of our track and the spine jump where I can nose dive the truck from 3' to honestly I can get at least 8' t0 10' worth of height if I wanted to. Nosing diving in from their it would stick in the clay like a dart board.

Don't forget if you have not been reading the series of articles that Steve has posted from STRC on the development of this product your really missing out. I just finished reading all 4 articles again for the 2nd time and they where even better. Article 3 and 4 are simply amazing the detail Steve goes over and the info he passed on for all of us. Fantastic job by Steve.
    Last edited by wyd10; 10-29-2012 at 11:27 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by wyd10 View Post
    Yes I do enjoy the new setup over the stock one. No more unexpected traction rolls in corners of slowing up to keep from rolling up on two wheels. While its fun sometimes its also no so fun at other times.

I will get a few more pics tonight when I go to the shop and get a picture of our track and the spine jump where I can nose dive the truck from 3' to honestly I can get at least 8' t0 10' worth of height if I wanted to. Nosing diving in from their it would stick in the clay like a dart board.
    Ah ok... 3pm... I will watch the Livestream at Bumps and Jumps.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Beholder_74 View Post
    Ah ok... 3pm... I will watch the Livestream at Bumps and Jumps.
    We will be practicing tomorrow at 4pm Eastern Time unless Hurricane Sandy knocks out the power at the shop. Right now at 7:35pm power is on and everything is ok.

RC Racer
    We will be practicing tomorrow at 4pm Eastern Time unless Hurricane Sandy knocks out the power at the shop. Right now at 7:35pm power is on and everything is ok.
    Hope you, your family and the rest of the east coast is safe.

RC Competitor
    They are up for pre-orders I just ordered mine.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by turnleft327 View Post
    They are up for pre-orders I just ordered mine.
    Seems the blue and silver are.
    I am waiting on custom color to be up and ready

RC Racer
    Web site has been update to include custom colors. Get them while you can.

RC Racer
    Got a blue one... yeah!

RC Racer
    I picked up the Orange anodized parts/Hard anodized lower chassis and front bulkhead.
    Not the real waiting begins.

RC Enthusiast
    Just order mine in black and gun metal. Any Idea on a release date?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TxRoush82 View Post
    Just order mine in black and gun metal. Any Idea on a release date?
    They are hoping this month.

Sent from Galaxy S III.

RC Racer
    Article 5 will be posted anytime now. I'm looking forward to reading it.

RC Racer
    I'm going with the blue one.

RC Racer
    I'm going with the blue one.
    Good taste!

RC Qualifier
    I'm pre ordering a Blue as well, so pumped! I may add the blue steering bell crank while i'm at it. then the TRX turnbuckle set in blue to complement the rest of my truck.

Edit: can someone tell me if this is the right kit for camber links

Traxxas 3741A Aluminum Camber Link Turnbuckles Blue

2x 39mm and 2x 49mm, What Length is the steering?

Thanks
    Last edited by Maxx_Adam; 10-31-2012 at 11:29 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    I'm pre ordering a Blue as well, so pumped! I may add the blue steering bell crank while i'm at it. then the TRX turnbuckle set in blue to complement the rest of my truck.

Edit: can someone tell me if this is the right kit for camber links

Traxxas 3741A Aluminum Camber Link Turnbuckles Blue

2x 39mm and 2x 49mm, What Length is the steering?

Thanks

Ive got a blue STRC steering bellcrank too. And its worth the money!

I searched a lot for a blue titanium turnbuckle-set for my slash 4x4. Cant find a set (just in silver from Lunsford). I heard a lot good things about the Lunsford turnbuckles. I hope they will release a blue set.
    Here are the sizes:

1 - 3mm x 23mm Titanium Turnbuckle (Servo)
    2 - 4mm x 45mm Titanium Turnbuckles (Rear Camber)
    2 - 4mm x 50mm Titanium Turnbuckles (Front Camber)
    2 - 4mm x 60mm Titanium Turnbuckles (Steering)
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 10-31-2012 at 11:50 AM.

RC Racer
    I wouldn't use the Traxxas blue tie rods as they are aluminum and bend fairly easily. You better off with Lunsford titanium tie rods.

RC Racer
    @wyd10: Can I use the stock Traxxas servo horn with the STRC LCG chassis? I ask, because its a little bit angled. Which servo horn did you use?

RC Racer
    Article 5 will be posted anytime now. I'm looking forward to reading it.
    Any update on when article 5 might be posted?
    No rush, just wondering.

RC poster
    Just ordered one in orange

RC Racer
    My servo horn is one of the Losi aluminum ones.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by jwtraxxas View Post
    Just ordered one in orange
    How did you order one already if it's not available for pre orders yet?
    Rally GT8 4x4 in progress.
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by skynex721 View Post
    How did you order one already if it's not available for pre orders yet?
    Just go to the STRC site... under Slash4x4 > Site 2 (scroll down)

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Beholder_74 View Post
    Just go to the STRC site... under Slash4x4 > Site 2 (scroll down)
    Thank you sir!!! Just ordered mine.
    Rally GT8 4x4 in progress.
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    I hope, that STRC will produce some slash 4x4 Bone drifeshafts next. The drifeshafts from Tekno seemed to be very good, but I dont like the plastic hub carriers/ steering blocks.

RC Qualifier
    so i was on their site...looking at what they have to offer....it says...pre-order...and my question is this...if u pre-order...when are u expected to receive it?...a week....two...a month...two months...???

i hate sites that don't give u any kind of information at all...its a total turn off...makes me want to say forget it...
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-05-2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Language

RC Racer
    Have you read any of this thread? If you did, you would have seen 2nd or 3rd week of November...possibly.
    Or you can get the SSC or TREC chassis as they are already out.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-05-2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Language

RC Racer
    You sound like a little child "If if I cant get it now, I want something else!"

Good things will need time and STRC is popular for their High-Quality-Products! And Im sure, that steve will do his best to hand out the chassis as soon as possible.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 11-05-2012 at 12:04 PM.

RC Racer
    You could always say enough and spend an additional 60 to 70 dollars on another brand or be a little more patient and get one and save a bunch of money. Good things come to those who wait. I'm waiting just like you guys on my new blue production model. They should be here in roughly 2 weeks and I think 3 weeks is about the maximum wait.

No one likes to wait and especially on a new first run product. Just like when I new hot car or truck comes out from a manufacture every is so hyped up so it makes waiting even harder. The wait will all be worth it once you get your kit.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridic View Post
    Have you read any of this thread? If you did, you would have seen 2nd or 3rd week of November...possibly.
    Or you can get the SSC or TREC chassis as they are already out.
    Steve keeps everyone up to date for those that have not read his thread on his site about the build. Great info on how its made and developed. I have read over it 3 times now as its great to see what work goes into a product.

Thanks to all you guys that have pre ordered and like me waiting on the production version chassis. I will soon tear my prototype down and send back to Steve so like you guys I will be sitting back and patiently wait for my new killer LCG chassis. Thanks for ordering and supporting STRC.

Brian
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 11-05-2012 at 08:45 AM.

RC Racer
    I hope that steve doesnt quit the way to introduce the production process for further products, because of this bad comment of IvVaum. Sure, for some people it is hard to wait, me too. But I appreciate the way it goes, because I will get a great elaborate chassis. Its like in any other business too, when many people get involved in a production process, it will take time.

What would be an alternative for steve? Waiting for a finished product and saying "hello, here it is?" I dont think, that this would be the right way. I like to see the single steps to a finished product. And Im glad, that the chassis is race-proven by Brian too.

Thanks guys... Im 38 and its like waiting for Santa Claus.

@Brian:
    Could you tell me how much space did you have for a receiver box, please? Maybe I will order the new Traxxas Receiver box of the Rally Car when it will fit. I dont think, that the Slash 4x4 receiver box will fit...maybe Im wrong...

Sorry for my bad English... Im German

Peter
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 11-05-2012 at 09:16 AM.

RC Racer
    Beholder I didn't use the receiver box but I will check with Steve and see what he thinks. He might have it drilled for one already but let me check for sure.

Also Steve said about a week or less for the pre orders as then the chassis's will have to go off to get anodized.

RC Racer
    Also Steve said about a week or less for the pre orders as then the chassis's will have to go off to get anodized.
    That is good news.
    Sounds like parts are currently being produced and we should have our goodies in 2-3 weeks.

RC Racer
    Talked with Steve on the receiver box. When he used the receiver box he mounted it to the chassis with double sided tape to help take some of the shock away from the receiver in the box. If you don't want to mount it like that then he has holes in the top plate that are setup for the stock receiver box. I would mount it on the chassis even with double sided tape the purpose of an LCG chassis is to keep everything low to the ground as possible so putting the receiver box on the top plate will raise the CG. Although the receiver and the box don't weight much you have to look at the size of our cars and a few ounces in different locations can be noticed.

RC Racer
    Talked with Steve on the receiver box. When he used the receiver box he mounted it to the chassis with double sided tape to help take some of the shock away from the receiver in the box. If you don't want to mount it like that then he has holes in the top plate that are setup for the stock receiver box. I would mount it on the chassis even with double sided tape the purpose of an LCG chassis is to keep everything low to the ground as possible so putting the receiver box on the top plate will raise the CG. Although the receiver and the box don't weight much you have to look at the size of our cars and a few ounces in different locations can be noticed.
    Thx for the info Brian... I will wait till the chassis is arrived. Dont want to mount it on the top plate. I will buy the new smaller (not angled) receiver box of the rally car and mount it with velcro.

Looking forward to a great STRC-chassis thread where customers will post their cars.

RC Racer
    I like the idea of having 2 options on where to mount the receiver box.

RC Racer
    I like the idea of the rally car version receiver box. I might even check one of those out.

RC Racer
    Looks like the rally receiver box is #7424 and for $12 it might be worth a try.

RC Competitor
    The last article by Steve and Brian is awesome, great stuff. I have always liked STRC parts just did not have many until I bought my slash 4x4. If i had any doubt of which aluminum parts to buy, these write ups have made me a lifetime customer of STRC.