Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    RC Racer
    I have access to the SSC chassis LCG setup for the 4x4 Slash as one of my good friends races this setup and I work on his setup for him. I can run it anytime I want so thats not a problem. No the RCE I have ran when I customer brought one in for setup help on practice day at our track so I know what that was like. Very nice setup he had and to my knowledge the most expensive overall 4x4 Slash I have ever seen because it had every upgrade you could imagine and then some. It was a beautiful truck with I'm not kidding $1200 in it race ready.

The newest thing on the STRC chassis is the servo is laid flat and the new motor mounting system is like no other LCG setup on. Those are the first two noticable things about the truck. Overall though all LCG chassis will take away some body roll and result on a much lower racing profile. I know before I even get mine that my truck it better. Lower my overall CG as much as I will vs my stock 4x4 Slash is going to help.

I raced my stock 4x4 Slash this weekend and qualified 2nd and finished 2nd but had the fastest lap in the main. My truck with stock shocks on and chassis works almost flawlessly. I'm not sure what I would want in it to make it better but a lower chassis setup as it is a little tippy vs my buddies SSC chassis Slash and the Losi SCTE that my buddy TQ'ed with. My stock chassis setup was pulling wheelies off our back stretch lump onto the straight away every lap. My truck has great traction, killer off power steering and pretty good mid to steering coming out of the corners. I'm super happy but the new chassis I know is worth easily a few tenths just because I can hammer it in the areas it was tippy because of the higher CG.

RC Racer
    Here are a few more pics of the 4x4 chassis conversion. It is the first conversion with the lay down servo mounting position and comes with the truck. No options will be needed to get the lay down servo. Also the motor mount you adjust from the top and again its something new that others just don't offer. Bang for the buck at 99 dollars just can't be beat. Will be available direct thru STRC starting in early November. I will be running mine this weekend with a full report on how it works for me over the stock chassis I used last weekend.

RC Qualifier
    I thought they were going to use G10 on top and not carbon fiber? Will the retail release come with a carbon fiber top plate now?
    Slash 2WD: A4, MMP,Velineon,STRC,RPM,PL Trans

RC Qualifier
    Will the STRC GT8/Rally Cross Conversion Kit fit on this?

RC Racer
    Looking forward to this chassis.

RC Racer
    Yes the conversion comes with the 4mm aluminum bottom plate and the 2.5mm graphite top plate. They are all standard parts you get when you get the kit.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by redbarton View Post
    I will have to check with Steve on that to be 100% sure.

RC Qualifier
    Your pictures show a carbon fiber top plate... that's different then G10 board... Please clarify this for me which one actually comes with the kit. Also, if it is G10 then will the carbon fiber be an upgraded part?
    Slash 2WD: A4, MMP,Velineon,STRC,RPM,PL Trans

RC poster
    Looks like a very nice design, something I'm definitely going to have to invest in. As mentioned in the thread, the prototype doesn't have mounts for the front sway bars but the final product will have them, correct?

Also, in the last picture posted, I noticed that the top plate goes over the battery a little bit. Will there be room for a battery with bullet connectors underneath that plate? Or will it require a little mod to get it to fit?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by redbarton View Post
    Talked with Steve at STRC. Yes the GT8 will fit on this chassis and actually it will have even a lower CG with this LCG kit on it.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashBasher42 View Post
    Looks like a very nice design, something I'm definitely going to have to invest in. As mentioned in the thread, the prototype doesn't have mounts for the front sway bars but the final product will have them, correct?

Also, in the last picture posted, I noticed that the top plate goes over the battery a little bit. Will there be room for a battery with bullet connectors underneath that plate? Or will it require a little mod to get it to fit?
    Yes the final version will have the front sway bar mounts included. Also Steve mention that their will be room for bullet connectors. I solder mine at a 90 degree angle so they sit a lot lower.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by wyd10 View Post
    Yes the final version will have the front sway bar mounts included. Also Steve mention that their will be room for bullet connectors. I solder mine at a 90 degree angle so they sit a lot lower.
    Ah, okay great. I just couldn't tell from the pictures how much room was there. Thank you!

RC Racer
    Not a problem

RC Racer
    Dang, and i was about to buy an ssc chassis. Im gonna wait and get the strc chassis now. I have all strc hubs carriers knuckles and steering parts and they perform flawlessly. I cant wait until thia chassis comes out. Are they gonna starr taking pre orders or something. I want one bad.
    Rally GT8 4x4 in progress.
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by skynex721 View Post
    Dang, and i was about to buy an ssc chassis. Im gonna wait and get the strc chassis now. I have all strc hubs carriers knuckles and steering parts and they perform flawlessly. I cant wait until thia chassis comes out. Are they gonna starr taking pre orders or something. I want one bad.
    I will have to check with Steve to see if he is taking backorders or not.

RC Racer
    I will have to check with Steve to see if he is taking backorders or not.
    That would great if he does because I would get it on order tonight, lol.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridic View Post
    That would great if he does because I would get it on order tonight, lol.
    Me too.

Anyone know if it will have an oversized bearing like the ssc chassis?
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    Just a quick report. I got the STRC chassis setup on and just finished my first practice run. It was totally successful. The truck leans a lot less in the corners and has more rear bite overall. The new motor mount is absolutely incredible. It has a bottom screw that lets you set the mesh and then you tighten the top two screws. The bottom screw is set so anytime you take the motor out you put the mount back it and with that screw in your mesh is perfect without me needing to reset everything. Even when you set your mesh the new top screw setup is so much better than anything I ever seen.

I ran my exact stock setup from the week before and overall the truck is faster every where on the track!!!!!!!!!!! It will easily be the best 99 dollars you will spend on your Traxxas 4x4 Slash hands down.

I had zero issues with the bearing size. The transmission line up perfect and mine is super free. It has sealed bearings in my test truck. I will check with Steve on what bearing it has in it. I just know it runs fantastic.

RC Racer
    Just a quick report. I got the STRC chassis setup on and just finished my first practice run. It was totally successful. The truck leans a lot less in the corners and has more rear bite overall. The new motor mount is absolutely incredible. It has a bottom screw that lets you set the mesh and then you tighten the top two screws. The bottom screw is set so anytime you take the motor out you put the mount back it and with that screw in your mesh is perfect without me needing to reset everything. Even when you set your mesh the new top screw setup is so much better than anything I ever seen.

I ran my exact stock setup from the week before and overall the truck is faster every where on the track!!!!!!!!!!! It will easily be the best 99 dollars you will spend on your Traxxas 4x4 Slash hands down.

I had zero issues with the bearing size. The transmission line up perfect and mine is super free. It has sealed bearings in my test truck. I will check with Steve on what bearing it has in it. I just know it runs fantastic.
    Thanks for the update.
    Would like to see a short video of the chassis in action, if Steve will allow it.

Sent from Galaxy S III.

RC Racer
    I cant wait!!!!!! Im so excited
    FLM Rustler

RC Racer
    Ok raced the truck today with the new chassis. My fastest lap last week on the stock chassis was 24.04 last week and this week on the same layout with less overall traction I ran a 23.41 and in our 10 minute main had the field lapped with 2 1/2 minutes. I had zero issues all day and it worked absolutely flawlessly all day. I did go lower in my shock oils and springs and looks like I can go even softer. I'm not use to my truck not leaning so much in every corner. I upside is awesome with this kit over stock.

As I posted the motor mount is absolutely the best out hands down and the servo laying flat on the deck is even better. I couldn't be more impressed with prototype. The 4mm thick chassis is killer and then add the 2.5 graphite top plate is just a great added touch.

RC poster
    Personally I think the track was a bit slower today than last week, and WYD was .5 sec faster..... I can tell you the chassis is fantastic looking, has all the fit / form / function as the SSC and more. I love my SSC chassis and the STRC is well... functionally on par or above, and overall seemingly a bit more refined. The motor mount adjustablility and laid down servo are fantastic. It has a thicker main plate and w the carbon fiber top plate weights in at a bit over 4lbs....the same as my SSC (was .01 oz difference on the scale in identical race dress). and will be $99...... there's nothing not to like.

RC Racer
    Ok raced the truck today with the new chassis. My fastest lap last week on the stock chassis was 24.04 last week and this week on the same layout with less overall traction I ran a 23.41 and in our 10 minute main had the field lapped with 2 1/2 minutes. I had zero issues all day and it worked absolutely flawlessly all day. I did go lower in my shock oils and springs and looks like I can go even softer. I'm not use to my truck not leaning so much in every corner. I upside is awesome with this kit over stock.

As I posted the motor mount is absolutely the best out hands down and the servo laying flat on the deck is even better. I couldn't be more impressed with prototype. The 4mm thick chassis is killer and then add the 2.5 graphite top plate is just a great added touch.

Thanks for the pics.
    Looks really nice.

RC Racer
    Hi, nice photos and a pretty good looking prototype.

Ive got a few questions. First of all, ist there enough space for a Receiver-Box to hide the cables? Will the Velineon Esc + Van fit without issues? I cant see an attachment for the front sway-bar, will there be one at the final product? It would be very nice to get the chassis in different colors... Maybe a alluminum Top-plate will be a better idea (easier to work with) for personal modifications ( such as to get more space for a good Motor cooling system).

Sorry for my bad english...
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 10-22-2012 at 03:09 AM.

RC Racer
    For the battery install I soldered my bullet connector at a 90 degree angle then I would plug it into my positive battery hole. Then I would slide the battery under the top deck and install the battery hold down. Right before I would race I then plugged in the negative lead and my truck was race ready. Very easy and with the plug at 90 degrees made fitting the battery in easily. Nice thing is with the battery setup with the end blocks and mount for the battery brace gives you enough support so you don't damage your batteries. If you have a little front to back movement depending on so many size batteries out I would simply use any small piece of foam to take up that distance. My **** Tech 6.0 packs fit perfectly and didn't need to do anything. I did a few nose plants off the one spine jump (for test purposes only Click the image to open in full size.) and batteries came back just fine

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Beholder_74 View Post

Ive got a few questions. First of all, ist there enough space for a Receiver-Box to hide the cables? Will the Velineon Esc + Van fit without issues? I cant see an attachment for the front sway-bar, will there be one at the final product? It would be very nice to get the chassis in different colors... Maybe a alluminum Top-plate will be a better idea (easier to work with) for personal modifications ( such as to get more space for a good Motor cooling system).

The battery box could setup to fit if you wanted. The front sway bar mounts will be included in the production kit. The Traxxas ESC would fit as my MMP fits in and it has the fan on top as well.

RC Racer
    Steve Wang has his 3rd installment of his articles on making a product. He has some pics of the new chassis setup as well. These are some nice shots of the kick***** motor mount and overall shots. Nice article to check out.

http://www.teamstrc.com/index.php?ro...&path=80_81_84

RC Racer
    The motor mount is truly sweet!
    I is a pleasure seeing something go from design to prototype to production, knowing I am a mechanical engineer myself.

RC Racer

Talked with Steve and the chassis is pre drilled to directly srew the Velineon ESC to the chassis.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridic View Post
    The motor mount is truly sweet!
    I is a pleasure seeing something go from design to prototype to production, knowing I am a mechanical engineer myself.
    Awesome. I know Steve will appreciate that. I know he reads these threads so I know it would be great to see people enjoying his articles. From reading them I even learn stuff I didn't know and I been racing since 87. Awesome intro into the world of R/C and how products make it to us.

RC Racer
    I been visiting strc's website everyday for more updates. I'm like a little kid waiting for christmas.
    FLM Rustler

RC Competitor
    I second that I am waiting to pre-order too.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by skynex721 View Post
    I been visiting strc's website everyday for more updates. I'm like a little kid waiting for christmas.
    LOL ... me too... and searching in all the online-communities to get new informations about that great product. I crushed my original slash 4x4 chassis a few days ago and want to change to LCG. But the new Traxxas LCG is not an option. Cant wait to get my hands on the STRC chassis.

@wyd10
    Where can I get stickers from STRC? I like the STRC products very much and want to prettifie my Baja body.
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 10-23-2012 at 06:03 AM.

RC Racer
    Hey guys,

Steve might be taking pre orders and have something special for those who do. Not sure when he will have this on his site but like many I would check every day. He will let me know by email if and when he is taking pre orders but it don't hurt to check the site daily. You never know what tricks he might have in store for you guys.

RC Racer
    LOL ... me too... and searching in all the online-communities to get new informations about that great product. I crushed my original slash 4x4 chassis a few days ago and want to change to LCG. But the new Traxxas LCG is not an option. Cant wait to get my hands on the STRC chassis.

@wyd10
    Where can I get stickers from STRC? I like the STRC products very much and want to prettifie my Baja body.
    When you purchase from STRC Steve normally gives out a decal sheet with the order. For me I'm having one of our local guys that races R/C with me making me some decals and STRC is one of the ones I'm having made.

RC Racer
    Hey guys,

Steve might be taking pre orders and have something special for those who do. Not sure when he will have this on his site but like many I would check every day. He will let me know by email if and when he is taking pre orders but it don't hurt to check the site daily. You never know what tricks he might have in store for you guys.

THX for this interesting information.

RC Racer
    Hey guys,

Everyday...more like every hour, lol.
    Thanks for the heads up.

RC Racer
    If Steve does what he is thinking for pre orders you won't want to miss. No other LCG company will offer you ......? Steve would post this up on his site. Sorry guys I don't want to post anything til I'm 100% sure.

RC Racer
    If Steve does what he is thinking for pre orders you won't want to miss. No other LCG company will offer you ......? Steve would post this up on his site. Sorry guys I don't want to post anything til I'm 100% sure.
    Thats not fair!!! Im runnin mad because of pleasant anticipation!

RC Racer
    You had me at hello.