Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

STRC LCG Chassis for SLash 4x4!

Rumor is that Traxxas is producing an LCG chassis for Slash 4x4, and so is STRC.. Heres a diagram of leaked pic.

Info @ Bigsquidrc.com

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/rumor-mill...h-4x4-chassis/

This is of course nothing new, Intro Team RCE, and SSC. But still cool to see a more main stream company doing it. More the merrier.

-Loot
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    Nice...info on price should be interesting
    ERBE,Losi 8ight,Slash 4X4

RC Qualifier
    Yeah very sweet, can't wait to see

RC poster
    Looks like a shortened xo1.

RC Champion
    looks like the Team RCE one
    SL4SH Mamba Monster-Rustler Mamba Max 2400kv

RC Enthusiast
    I would think that Traxxas would make it out of a material like their standard 4x4 chassis now. That's interesting to see, don't know how much more I will wait before buying a LCG. Lots at the local shop are suggesting to just go to Losi SCTE ten.. I really like Traxxas and the fact they are here in Dallas.

Yet I would like to compete better with the Losi on the track. If Traxxas was going to make a LCG for sure I would hold off. Wish they would announce something either way..

Got to go research LCG's more!

RC Competitor
    STRC has a blurred image of this on their website now.

RC Qualifier
    I'm curious if I should wait for this or get the ssc

RC poster
    Goto rctech or rcshortcourse to see the newest cad drawing.
    I'd wait until wyd gets his proto..... it looks like it will be worth it!! @ $99!

RC Qualifier
    Will the bottom be aluminum

RC Qualifier
    i've been doing some research on these short course trucks...i've looked at the ssc slash...the AE...the Losi...the Durango...and the Ofnas...and even with this new LCG chassis coming out...i'm liking the Ofna Nexx-SC10...

shaft drive with center tranny...diff at the front and rear...pillow ball pivot...lcg aluminum chassis...aluminum where it counts...yeah so it's weak at the a-arms...but all trucks have their weakness....u just gotta pick ur poison...

i'll wait to see if traxxas will come up with anything new that will make me go wow....but for now...i'll do more research...

still leaning towards the nexx sc10....(btw...i hate Losi and AE...gonna boycott their products...don't care how good they are...personal preference).

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    In the first pic, the drive shaft is not reaching the center diff. Is it gonna be longer????
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC poster
    Aluminum chassis....CF top plate.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    In the first pic, the drive shaft is not reaching the center diff. Is it gonna be longer????
    Just a cad drawing, if you notice there is nothing coming off the spur to the driveshaft
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgb007 View Post
    Just a cad drawing, if you notice there is nothing coming off the spur to the driveshaft
    This is the new EMF drive. All done by magnets mounted in the spur and center drive.

RC Qualifier
    Umm what the heck I'm pretty sure your being facetious
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    This is the new EMF drive. All done by magnets mounted in the spur and center drive.

RC Competitor
    Hmmm, looks like the SSC LCG chassis, perhaps with a carbon fibre top plate.
    Slash 4X4 SSC , T-MAXX, Revo and Bandit
    TQi, iPod

RC Qualifier
    is it worth waiting for? how long? any ideas or rumors

RC Racer
    Looks are deceiving. It has a much different motor mount than any of the current setups and is way easier to adjust the motor. It will have a 4mm aluminum chassis with a 2.5mm graphite topdeck. Another feature is the chassis is 125mm wide and the servo will lay flat on the chassis to have a lower cg than what is currently out on the market today. Battery placement is fully adjustable as well. Chassis will be out right around the 1st week in October and be priced right around 99.95.

Another cool thing is is Steve has is have a series of articles on the STRC website that will take the customer thru coming up with the idea to the finished product like never posted before by an R/C company. If you want to read some cool stuff then check it out. You can also find a little backround on Steve and how he started in R/C. This is something I never seen from an R/C company in 25 plus years so for those new or old it makes for some great reading.

RC Racer
    Its fact and is not a rumor. Roughly first week in November. I will have pics of it in two weeks but not on this site as they might frown upon that so it will be on two other popular sites under the STRC LCG chassis.

RC Racer
    Sorry I did make a mistake in my first post. The chassis will be out around 1st week in November is the date STRC is working hard to make happen for the release of the new LCG chassis setup.

RC Qualifier
    i think im going to pass on the ssc and get this

RC Qualifier
    So yeah, I need to spend more money!!!!
    Slash 4X4, MM 2200kv
    MIP CVD
    Tekno Bigbone

RC Racer
    It will be worth the wait because you will get a lot of bang for your buck. I will have pics for everyone of my test version in about 2 weeks. The original test version is getting picked up today and installed. After Steve uses it for the week it is being sent to me and I will install it on my Slash and race it for 2 weeks plus testing at 2 or 3 different tracks. I will be posting my report on a few different sites as well as this one.

RC Qualifier
    I've been waiting on pulling the trigger on the 4x4 for quite a long time.. I guess I'm happy to wait a little longer if they're going to come stock with an LCG chassis now.
    Slash 2WD: A4, MMP,Velineon,STRC,RPM,PL Trans

RC Qualifier
    This chassis is not stock...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Rckid97 View Post
    This chassis is not stock...
    So they're not going to sell it complete and only as an upgrade part?

RC Qualifier
    Ya it's just a chassis

RC Racer
    This is a upgraded after market chassis from STRC to make it a LCG Slash 4x4. If you want a whole kit you will have to wait and see if Traxxas is going to make a LCG setup of their own or just just selling what it working for them now as since they gone to RTR kits they don't worry about making kits for full blown racing.

RC Racer
    For those reading the step by step process from Steve at STRC on how an idea becomes an R/C part for the consumer has his 2nd article up for everyone to read. It is super interesting.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by wyd10 View Post
    For those reading the step by step process from Steve at STRC on how an idea becomes an R/C part for the consumer has his 2nd article up for everyone to read. It is super interesting.
    Thanks! Always into what their line of thinking is. Enables one to be better able to appeal to them to suggest what they want.

RC Qualifier
    Can you post a link to the article please?

Thank you.

RC Qualifier
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

RC Qualifier
    thank you!

RC Racer
    You guys beat me to it. This thread like many on this site move fast. I to enjoy reading what Steves thought process is on the new chassis setup. After reading the 2nd article I see where he is coming from. He gives great insight on why he chose to go the way he is on the new LCG chassis.

RC Qualifier
    I'm really looking forward to trying the new chassis out... I have to get a roller first I guess, lol.

RC Racer
    Steve should be giving the new chassis a work out this weekend. Waiting to hear what he thinks on how it was working.

RC Racer
    I checked with Steve and he has ran the new prototype and its working great. He is going to run it again today and then its getting sent out for me to run next weekend. Overall its a complete success

RC Qualifier
    Sounds great!

wyd10, have you previous experience with any other LCG chassis for said vehcile? If so, it would be real nice to read about your impressions.

RC Racer
    Ok here is the first picture of the STRC LCG Prototype. It is the first on the web given to me from Steve Wang at STRC to post. I have more pics but for now this is one I will be posting on a few other threads I have.

Steve ran it Thursday and all weekend with no issues. It is being sent to me to test the upcoming weekend. It is missing the front sway bar mounting setup but it will be included in the final production model. This is just a test version so its not perfect it was made just for testing purposes only.