RC poster

Question Metal Jato transmission gears

I want to make my car stronger on both inside and out. I am a pretty heavy racer and off roader with this car, and have just about replaced every bit of the outside. I am now wondering how to make the inside stronger. I know not to replace my spur gear with anything steel, but i was wondering if i replace all the gears in my tranny with steel gears, would that allow me to pop a steel clutch bell and spur on it? Plus the thing that really bugs me about the tranny is the differential gear. It has this plastic case to it and i stripped one of the screws putting it back together so now it leaks and i have to clean out the oil and replace it about every week. So either i want to replace my differential gear casing with metal, or i want to replace my entire tranny with metal so i can upgrade it to an entirely metal gear system. Thoughts, opinions, or help would be greatly appreciated.

RC Qualifier
    Hot racing chromoly gears r the only logical option. They work great! I have four sets of them. No problems whatsoever other than lapping 3 out of the four sets in on initial install. Pretty much bullet proof.
    FASTEST "recorded/proven" JATO'S-3.3 AND Big block

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by bswift View Post
    Hot racing chromoly gears r the only logical option. They work great! I have four sets of them. No problems whatsoever other than lapping 3 out of the four sets in on initial install. Pretty much bullet proof.
    Does the gears had hold up? Cause I had worn stock plastic gears of the tranny, I replaced them and I was playing last week and it just stop running but the engine was good the car just doesnt move and when I move the spur it gets stuck so I think I worn gears again and I'm thinkin of getting metal gears to stop worning gears.
    Sorry if my english is baaad.

RC poster
    The thing im worried about is the thing connected to the gears. like the plastic parts in between the gears. Since i do some off-roading im worried about shredding everything besides the gears since all that is plastic. Do you think that they will still hurt the inside?
    Last edited by asome50; 09-20-2012 at 06:02 PM.