RC Competitor

Which E-revo is better overall 1/10 or 1/16??

i have the brushless erevo 1/10 and i love it that thing is just a beast and is very tough and doesnt really break easy at all i was just wondering how is the 1/16 brushless compare to the 1/10???

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    ask 50togo at 1/16 forum, he'll tell you
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

alot of the same things that you upgrade on the 1/10 you upgrade on the 1/16 except for a few thing though. the 1/16 is fun for its size and has lots of power for being 1/16 scale. I dont know how the 1/10 is but i do have emaxx and it rips around fast so compared to 1/16 both are fun in either size. parts are cheaper too in the 1/16 scales
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    There is no comparison they make look the same but 1/10 will do things that 1/16 won't. The mini is fun but by the time you finished upgrading it you would have wondered why I didn't get the 1/10.
    Last edited by RC-Fan; 09-19-2012 at 01:00 AM.

RC Competitor
    like what exactly would it do that the 1/16 wont?? how is the 1/16 in grass??

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    IMO 1/16 is an on road vehicle even the smallest rock will knock it over.

RC Competitor
    so basically the 1/16 is a waste of money and time when you have the 1/10 brushless ??

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It is fun, but not worth it, a pede 4x4 would be better option.

RC poster
    I had both.

1/16 is a pocket rocket, perfect for quick backyard bash sessions when you haven't got time to take out a larger truck.
    Was very pleased to have mine for this reason only.

But if I was going someplace to bash, the 1/16 would stay at home.

HTH

RC Competitor
    I've had both as well, 1/10 e-revo is much better. It can handle just about any terrain. Yes the 1/16 is fast, but in reality going offroad with it besides flat gravel is not possible.

i also have them both but i prefer the 1/10 scale so, i sold the 1/16 so that i can focus on maintaining one truck only.

RC Competitor
    makes alot of sense...is there any truck that perfroms similar to a erevo brushless 1/10 thats cheaper on price??

either you go with non traxxas trucks they still run around $400-500. if you like to build slowly you might find it enjoyable. i know i have my fun doing my REVO-E build

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrazor2012 View Post
    makes alot of sense...is there any truck that perfroms similar to a erevo brushless 1/10 thats cheaper on price??
    Since these are the Traxxas forums we don't disrespect our host by suggesting other makes.
    Alt-241 on the number pad = ±

RC Enthusiast
    Why not look into the Stampede 4x4. Its cheaper then the Erevo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrazor2012 View Post

RC Competitor
    well i already have the erevo 1/10 brushless and i love it...its very powerful and tough its my first monster truck and i dont feel the need to get another one after having this lol but i will ask how is the stampede 4x4?? how does it comapre to the brushless revo

RC Qualifier
    I love the 1/10. It goes places your mini cant go. With the mini you limited in were you can bash... big brother however is big indeed; goes far and stays out later.
    Ray00
    E–Revo │ E-Revo BE
    ITCHY THROTTLE FINGER!

RC Qualifier
    Like RC-Fan said the smallest rock will send the 1/16 flying. I had the 1/16 first then bought the 1/10, the big brother can do way more.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I take my mervs in the mountains to bash definitely more challenging especially with a modified motor but we have fun. Then down on the flats for some 3 cell speed runs. Impressive to see a little merv go 60 but the erbe is superior on rough terrain!

RC Qualifier
    AMEN!!!...i've spent over $700 on my merv...and then i got a erbe...and now i've yet to touch the merv...and then i got the revo-e...and woooowwww....way stiffer chassis...so now...i mostly play with the revo-e...

revo-e wins hands down...

Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    There is no comparison they make look the same but 1/10 will do things that 1/16 won't. The mini is fun but by the time you finished upgrading it you would have wondered why I didn't get the 1/10.

RC Qualifier
    I have a mini revo coming tomorrow. I barely have time to play with my trucks (rc18t, Pede, pede4x4, rustler) so I'm selling them all and going to keep the mini revo. From owning the rc18t I love how easy it is to bring something small with you. You can pack it in your suitcase. Its so small your clothes won't mind

RC Racer
    I love how the mini is the perfect size for a backpack!
    MERV, Broken Alias.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    If you already have an ERBE you really have the best of the best traxxas offers. So why are you looking to downgrade. IMO, instead of getting another, smaller, less capable monster truck, why not get something different like a rally or rustler or something. No 4X4 monster truck is going to make you happy once youve owned an ERBE. Especially NOT a 1/16.

The only reason I can see for owning a MERV would be if space was a factor. If you had the need to pack it up into a small space and take it places, the MERV is great. But, if your looking for all out bashing fun... don't waste your time/money. You have the best, get something that offers a different driving experience.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    Since the ERBE was out of my price range, I decided to get the mini Revo a few years ago. It's been nothing but a tank for the past year. I don't treat my mini like a mini, I go BIG with mine (but not to the point that it's abuse, I control mine as much as possible). It makes for an excellent on-road vehicle as said above, but off road, it's a tough little guy. Here's a video of a bashing session my friend and I did yesterday. His is a mini Summit converted to the E-Revo. Mine is the green and dark colored w/ GoPro decals on the sides (I changed bodies mid-run). His is the blue Raptor.