Thread: Summit help

RC Qualifier

Summit help

I have a summit with a 1717 1650 kV xo-1 motor and my diffs keep failing so I want to switch to e-revo diffs in the rear. What all would I have to change besides the bulkhead and will it fit?

That should be it.the revo diffs are probably gonna have a hard time dealing with that much power.
    Ive heard talk of guys putting Losi diffs in there revos so that may be something to research as well.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

Talk about ignoring the elephant in the room!
    The Summit has one long and one short driveshaft per diff. The E-Revo diffs will work best with long Summit shafts.
    The E-Revo bulks will fit in the Summit/E-Revo chassis without a problem. You'll obviously be able to ditch the T-Lock servos and linkages.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

I don't know if even the summit shafts will stand up to that kind of power.
    I must remember to think first type second.yes long shafts all the way around.and maybe two of three wheelie
    Bars

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    Why dont you get aluminum diff cups so you dont have to get revo diffs and bulkheads. You will also have locking diffs when you want it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Talk about ignoring the elephant in the room!
    The Summit has one long and one short driveshaft per diff. The E-Revo diffs will work best with long Summit shafts.
    The E-Revo bulks will fit in the Summit/E-Revo chassis without a problem. You'll obviously be able to ditch the T-Lock servos and linkages.
    Thanks now I can try the revo diff just in the back with two long shafts. I will keep the t lock in the front and the hi low trans. I Don't crawl but I do climb so I will keep those features plus I still wanna call it a summit lol.
    Btw do u think the erevo diffs are better suited to brushless power?

No reasonable amount of upgrades will stem for very long the tide of breakage that motor can deliver.

Elephant spotlighted.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey560 View Post
    Why dont you get aluminum diff cups so you dont have to get revo diffs and bulkheads. You will also have locking diffs when you want it.
    I am not paying a arm and a leg for those cups but thanks's for the idea but like I say I don't crawl anyway. I'll find something to do with the extra channel
    Last edited by Kitchen; 09-18-2012 at 09:37 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    No reasonable amount of upgrades will stem for very long the tide of breakage that motor can deliver.

Elephant spotlighted.
    I agree and repairs are all in the hobby, that's a fun part of it to me. I changed the bearings and case and used axle grease and
    They held up long this time, it's the ring gear that breaks teeth
    But my slipper is to tight so I may try the summit parts one more time

I was going to suggest the hardened gears and outputs...But the plastic carrier would be the next part to surrender
    To the outrageous power.
    Just out of curiosity,
    6s?
    Tires?
    Suspension?
    That much power,It sounds like you may have crossed over the "Revo line" lol

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Racer
    The revo diffs blow up too from brushless power. I think your best bet is the aluminum diff cups. Save money and time ahead of time before you keep eating diffs

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Mikey is right, about diffs not handling the power. IF you are going to stick with the xo1 system those losi diffs are by far the best options. Outside of maybe considering that you didnt buy the right truck for you needs.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by stickychinsac View Post
    Mikey is right, about diffs not handling the power. IF you are going to stick with the xo1 system those losi diffs are by far the best options. Outside of maybe considering that you didnt buy the right truck for you needs.
    Buy for the right need lol, I don't need it I just like it. I have had every major brand of monster truck on the market and I like the summit so I will make it work