RC Enthusiast

TQi not connecting to iphone

I upgraded one of my old radios to the new TQi and the transmitter is not connecting to my iphone. When I I have the phone plugged in and turn the transmitter on the app will launch automatically but the red TX box doesn't turn green. Am I missing something? I've read the instructions but there isn't much on connecting the phone, just using the app.

RC Enthusiast
    ??? 30 views no idea? I took the bottom off and the back cover just to make sure the plugs were seated completely like I seen in another thread.

RC Champion
    mine is doing the EXACT same thing!!! I think its a bad dock. I hooked my dock to another TQi radio and nothing changed

its either a bad app download or the dock is bad. I'm looking for someone at the hobby shop tomorrow who has a dock I can try my phone on. i dont know what else it could be.

RC Champion
    I just got off the phone with TRAXXAS customer support and I am being told there is a firmware issue that needs to be corrected at TRAXXAS. I will be sending my unit in for this correction. More to follow.....

"Red"

RC Qualifier
    It isn't a bad dock... just plug the phone in and send a transmission...may be that you haven't turned on the TQi...
    And there he goes with the carbon...

RC poster
    i have the same problem can someone tell me what to do..? it isnt connecting or doing anything on my system...

RC Champion
    sent one in and TRAXXAS fixed it, when I swapped the base to another Tx...nothing! When I swapped it back....NOTHING on the one that I just got back from TRAXXAS!!!!

This is going to be a long process