RC Competitor

nitro sport tie rod question

ok so ill explain this the best i can.

i got some used parts from a buddy that he had on his electic pede. rpm front arms and itegy carbon rear
    arms. now there longer than stock. the front rpm arms are about 1/4" longer than the stock sport/rusty arms.

now my tie rods are the stock 82mm ones but since my front end is wider than normal i can get my toe adjusted, and when i do i dont have enough threads in the endlinks.

is there any other models that have the correct lenght i might need
    ?

the tie rods that he had on the front are now my camber in the rear cause the rear arms were wider and the stock camber rods were not working so i adjusted them all the way in to fit

Use the electric tie rods and turnbulks as your using electric a arms so only makes sense to use those as well. i used tmaxx/Emaxx rods for turnbulks on mine but i had to cut to fit and rethread the ends more onto the rods but now they are alot thicker than stock or even upgraded for a pede that i have. the pede, rustler, sport share alot of parts to both the electric parts too.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    Use the electric tie rods and turnbulks as your using electric a arms so only makes sense to use those as well. i used tmaxx/Emaxx rods for turnbulks on mine but i had to cut to fit and rethread the ends more onto the rods but now they are alot thicker than stock or even upgraded for a pede that i have. the pede, rustler, sport share alot of parts to both the electric parts too.
    its says there shorter according to the parts list. mine on there now are 82mm i believe. which is stock for the pede. i was gonna go to my local hobby store to check it out but figured id check here first

when i ran into that problem of the ends not reaching to thread good i used 4mm longer so they thread in good but not too much. if you were to get 84mm then it would barely hold on the threads which wouldnt be good with a small jump even so 86mm would work if you have 82mm right now. so total you would want 4mm longer not sure if you could go 6mm longer to 88mm might be too long. like i said i used thicker rods but i did try the turnbulks for tierods cut them since they are threaded farther and worked well too but didnt like the look of the skinny rods hope this helps
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    when i ran into that problem of the ends not reaching to thread good i used 4mm longer so they thread in good but not too much. if you were to get 84mm then it would barely hold on the threads which wouldnt be good with a small jump even so 86mm would work if you have 82mm right now. so total you would want 4mm longer not sure if you could go 6mm longer to 88mm might be too long. like i said i used thicker rods but i did try the turnbulks for tierods cut them since they are threaded farther and worked well too but didnt like the look of the skinny rods hope this helps
    Got around to fixing this issue. Used jato camber rods.. this is a great upgrade and very reasonable on price