RC Champion

Cleaning internals

What do y'all use..... I have a ultra sonic cleaner and I was just using hot water but I was wondering if I could use denatured alcohol ???

RC Champion
    Dawn dish soap. Works great. Then spray with wd-40 and reassemble.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Champion
    Ok that's what I have been using....would the denatured alcohol work well for breaking down diff grease

RC Champion
    I don't know but the dawn works really well for that too. If you get it really bubbly and scrub it takes grease right off.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

not sure if it would i used dawn dish soap on my shocks, diffs and a few other things on my rc's and worked good just made sure i sprayed with wd-40 to get water off and prevent rust build up. i recently took apart my engine and cleaned it with a small light wheel thing on my dremel and cleaned it all off and clean then sprayed with wd-40 to lube it back up and remove any stuff on it and then put back together havent started engine since i dont have carb lol but its ok i plan to maybe buy 1 and make sure truck is running good.

edit: gotta use the orignal blue power dawn soap i have the costco bottle plenty to last for a long time. lol
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    Lol yea all I have Is my wife's hand location dawn lol

Shouldn't need to clean the internals unless you got foreign matter having a party in there. When I take my engine apart I take a clean stop paper towel and gently wipe everything down being careful not to score the piston or sleeve. Then upon reassembly I use Marvel Mystery Oil and coat everything.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    brakeclean
    is what I use.