RC Racer

People with mmp 2400kv on 4s

Ok, I got my gen ace 5000 mah, 4s, 40c lipo. I have a 17t pinion in, has any one done this? If so what kinda of speed are you seeing. On the rc calculate it said 56 mph. That seem right? Is temp an issue? Thanks, can't wait to get home and try it out!

I am not sure about your top speed but its going to be fast monster fun man
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Keep us updated on what breaks first?

I am breaking front cvds left and right as I await my teknos and that is on 2s with the 3800.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by mattstang2007 View Post
    Ok, I got my gen ace 5000 mah, 4s, 40c lipo. I have a 17t pinion in, has any one done this? If so what kinda of speed are you seeing. On the rc calculate it said 56 mph. That seem right? Is temp an issue? Thanks, can't wait to get home and try it out!
    I would suggest setting your timing advance to lowest (0 deg). Keep an eye on temps because according to castle, the max recomended gearing for slash 4x4 is 16 / 54 using 4S. If your running slightly bigger diameter tires (which are also likely quite a bit heavier than shash tires) your probably pushing the system to its limits (then again the slash chassis is heavier due to longer length and more structural reinforcement). I think a safer bet would be 0 timing advance and 16 / 54, keep and eye on temps and if your still well withing SOA, then try gearing back up to 17 / 54. It only takes one time overheating a motor to damage it.

RC Racer
    I have teknos all around, I already have the timing at 0, got the blower fan on. Its also colder out here so I though I would try the 17t. Also have my rpm arms in, rollcage on, stock tires though. I am interested to see what breaks first too lol, I think I'll strip the spur gear some how. Any guesses ha ha? I will wait to try till I get the temp gauge though.

RC Competitor
    I think you'll be ok then with cooler temps, that gearing and 0 timing advance. I just got done running my Slash-Pede 4x4 MT I built. Have the 2400kV like you, 5 degree advance, Pro-line trenchers and 17/54. Ran on pavement doing speed runs and hard acceleration (still wheelies at lower speeds with ease even with the longer shash chassis). My temps were 142 avg, max I saw was 151. I could possibly gear up one tooth or advance back to normal 10 and still be in the mid 160's or low. Temp outside is about 65F. Got the blower on too. I have some addition weight like you due to the larger slash chassis and running two 3S packs in parallel. Let us know how it goes, because I will want to run 4S soon too!

RC Qualifier
    I've even done a 17/52 once with my SMC-C-Max 5200 50C 4s. No Idea how fast it was that time but I have clocked my car over and over again in the high 60s with my phone taped to it. I run on 3s all day with a 15/54 setup and although she pushes the temps to the limit she hasn't faltered in over a year. You'll need to tape your tires... I've split a few sets over the years
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

I have no saved data logs from that session, but if I remember well mine easily did 60+ with 17/54 on 4S on untaped Trenchers. Don't forget to consider the ballooning of the Trenchers if you didn't tape them. That makes a huge difference in diameter and also in theoretical top speed.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Competitor
    Yes it does. My truck before it was converted had the stock talons and they ballooned out around 1.5 inches at least, they got huge! That truck really flew down the street during speed runs, but the ballooning made the truck a lot less stable, so its give and take. I just put on a pair of trenchers that I have taped and it has a noticeably lower top end (still fast, 41mph by the RC speed calculator), but its also far more stable and responsive. If you want speed runs, don't tape them. If you want performance and divability i suggest taping them. I may throw on the talons just to see how much faster it runs, I'd say around 7~10mph difference in top end between the two. My trenchers are also balance, so they are as smooth as butter, which also makes a big difference in drivability.

RC Racer
    Thanks for the info guys. My stock talons are to taped, one of these days I will tape them. I am waiting on the adaptor for the battery, since it has a banana plug on it, that was the one that was on sale. I am hoping to get it soon. Also that battery is huge, It comes with a velcro strap, so I will figure something out to get it to stay in the tray.

Beetroot, what app did you use with you phone to clock your truck? I have been looking for a good app to do just that.