RC poster

Quick Power Then Nothing

Hey there, back again.
    So got the wheelie problem fixed with the clutch adjustment....and now took the 4x4 to the paved parking lot I run in. I put a freshly charged battery in and it took off in a massive wheelie- awesome!! Then it died. Had steering but no go or reverse. I had flashing red light on the esc. Thought about that for a bit then changed the esc and turned the low voltage detection off..... back in business.

Anybody else have this issue?? Never heard of this before. Is my truck trying my patience for a reason? I never had any of these problems with my 4x2....

Any thoughts are appreciated!!!

RC Racer
    Are you running lipo, if so turning lvc off will damage you esc or battery. Mine did the same sometimes and I had to unplug or reset the mode then alll would be good. Bad esc maybe, I'd call traxxas and see what they say
    Last edited by mattstang2007; 09-17-2012 at 08:27 PM.

RC poster
    Running nimh. Never had this problem with any other truck or radio system. I was wondering if anybody had this problem or if I really do have radio or esc problems. I guess I will wait to see if anybody else has had this problem and if not, call Traxxas in the morning

RC Racer
    well I did have the problem with 3s lipos, fully charged all it took was unplugging the battery the plugging back in or reseting the mode to mode one agian and it went away. It would Show up every now n then just did the steps Agian and it went away. I would say the esc has a quirk in it, I'd call traxxas. I just lived with it. I have a whole new motor/esc in now, but interested to find out what is causeing that problem because I want to put the vxl esc/motor in my 2wd pede.

RC Qualifier
    I bet you had lipo mode on. Running a nimh will shut down the throttle from low voltage control.

RC Racer
    That sounds like that might be it , but I had the same problem with my lipo, fully charged and it did the same thing, i wonder why.Maybe my battery sucks. it's a fairly new 3s, 6400 mah, 25c onyx battery.

RC poster
    Going to give Traxxas a call. This was bought on Thursday and there are too many issues going on with this for it to be right. If it was older and was used a bit, maybe. But this has had 2 packs through it so far. I never had to change my 4x2 pede over to lipo mode and it still is running on nimh. I think somethings fishy with this one....

RC poster
    Tried callling Traxxas this morning but the phone number says to check the number and try again. Too bad it won't work in Canada!!- Sent a e-mail with my number. I will see if the customer support is as good as some have said......

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Circusbear View Post
    Tried callling Traxxas this morning but the phone number says to check the number and try again. Too bad it won't work in Canada!!- Sent a e-mail with my number. I will see if the customer support is as good as some have said......
    Their support is awesome. Did you call this number? (888) 872-9927

RC poster
    Yup, that's the number I tried. That number no worky here....

RC poster
    So sent Traxxas an e-mail as the toll free number won't work. Got the automated responce but no call back or email responce. I thought their customer support was awesome. If I don't personally respond to emails at my work in 6 hours, there is big trouble....just saying....

RC Qualifier
    Sounds like you were running with the low voltage cutoff on and using nimh batteries? If so it will shut down quickly.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck hope you get it sorted soon man then you will love it had mine for 2 years and no regrets
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!