RC Competitor

Converting P4DE to a 1/10 scale stadium truck - SC wheel extensions?

Hey guys,

I'm currently converting my Pede to a 1/10 scale stadium truck (basically dropping it, putting on a rustler body, wider wheels, different springs, maybe a wing), but I have a question about wheels.

I'm waiting on some revolvers which were the only 2.2" wheel I could find that would fit with the large Pede hubs. I think this will give me the truest 1/10 scale ST look.

But I have a bunch of Short Course tire/wheel combos from my SC10 that I would like to use. They just barely fit as is, but they have a much larger offset than slash wheels... so they sit pretty far in toward the chassis. Any ideas on how to extend the axles to get my SC10 wheels to be pushed out a little?

Thanks for any ideas!
    Slash 4x4 (LCG/Sidewinder 8th/XO-1 Axles), SC10 RS

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    2.2 revolvers won't fit unless they are the wide version, sct tires x the slash will fit better on your project.

I put a Desert Rat body mean tfor the Rustler along with some Desperado wheels with G Loc tires mounted on them

BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Competitor
    Thanks RC-Fan - I actually did order the wide offset revolvers. Also, I got the same body Dad... I love the look of yours.

But I'm looking for a way to bring my sc10 wheels out more. I have about 6 sets (everything from clay racing, to outdoor bashing) and I would like to use them. Has anyone used wheel extensions? Or know if any of the ones out there are any good?
    Slash 4x4 (LCG/Sidewinder 8th/XO-1 Axles), SC10 RS

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeC25 View Post
    Thanks RC-Fan - I actually did order the wide offset revolvers. Also, I got the same body Dad... I love the look of yours.

But I'm looking for a way to bring my sc10 wheels out more. I have about 6 sets (everything from clay racing, to outdoor bashing) and I would like to use them. Has anyone used wheel extensions? Or know if any of the ones out there are any good?
    I just put on some wheel extensions so I could run 3.2 Revolvers. I've had several of the small center nuts come off under hard acceleration. Will try tonight with extra loctite and extra tightening. No problem with the big 17 mm nuts
    which stay on and keep you from losing the adapter. All you lose is the drive pin and maybe the 4mm nut. The big tires put an awful lot of torque on that small nut.

RC Qualifier

These are front 2wd Slash rims with the thick hexes which gives you a 12" width. You really don't need to go wider than that, this Pede 4x4 handles very well with the Badlands.

Then this is the same Pede with the wide revolvers and S/T tires and again it handles great but is wider.