RC Qualifier

C hub pin question

Is there a c hub pin that is just a little longer? With all the big jumps I am doing that pin keeps coming off. Or should I just get metal c hubs? I think the flex in the plastic causes it to slip out of the hole

RC Champion
    Aluminum caster blocks eliminated the bent hinge pin problem for me. I have heard that hinge pins from a company called lunsford racing are much stronger and eliminate the issue.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

i would just go aluminum as well. but if you want to you could get rpm as well. there plastic parts are more durable.

and hes right about lundsford. but they better for the price lol. there titanium with e clips i think. i know there titanium atleast lol
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    I'm not really bending the pin it just slips out of the hole. It's like the pin is just a millimeter short. I'll just or metal c hub and see how that's goes. I wouldn't mind getting the lundsford pin if they were longer. But its not the strength of the pin I'm having a problem with

did you look into them? i want to say there pins go all the way through and have a e clip on both ends of the pin (lunsford)
    Drag It!

RC Enthusiast
    At least I know what your talking about, dont know how to fix it but I feel your pain. Nothing like leading a race and have that happen. I all most thinking maybe a long bolt and a nut left loose.

RC Qualifier
    The ANZA casters seem to be the solution to the kingpin problems. They have a kingpin that locks in with a nut and functions as a camber link mount as well. The bearing carrier is mounted in double shear, and the pin itself is hardened steel. The RPM casters will make your problem worse. They are too flexible, which causes the pin to bend/pop out even more easily than stock.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    I'm not really bending the pin it just slips out of the hole. It's like the pin is just a millimeter short. I'll just or metal c hub and see how that's goes. I wouldn't mind getting the lundsford pin if they were longer. But its not the strength of the pin I'm having a problem with
    Sounds like you are using the pin for the castor block to be held to the a arm instead of the pin with e clips on both ends. But with the plastic castor blocks and the correct pins it wont come out but it will bend go with the aluminum. I have heard of several companies that make near unbreakable pins too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster75 View Post
    The ANZA casters seem to be the solution to the kingpin problems. They have a kingpin that locks in with a nut and functions as a camber link mount as well. The bearing carrier is mounted in double shear, and the pin itself is hardened steel. The RPM casters will make your problem worse. They are too flexible, which causes the pin to bend/pop out even more easily than stock.
    you sure about that? all the rpm parts i got so far on my slash seem stiffer then my stock ones.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Ugh. I just typed up a nice response, then lost my connection. Anyway, yeah, the RPM stuff is too flexible for suspension parts, although the bearing carriers are fine. They're great for bumpers, wheels, and whatnot, but the RPM "strength" comes from flexibility. I could never understand why they don't offer eighth scale buggy wings. Adding to the caster problem is the flawed kingpin mounting method- a hardened e-clip pin is worlds better than a hardened screw-in pin in that application. There is almost no support at the top of the caster, so almost all of the force is concentrated on the base of the pin.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    Too short pin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Go Traxxas, Team Associated, and Losi!