Thread: 2wd mod or rear

RC Enthusiast

2wd mod or rear

I replaced my rear shocks with tierods, works well .

so im still trying to figure out why you would do this? nothing beneficial at all that i can think of
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

so im still trying to figure out why you would do this? nothing beneficial at all that i can think of
    Same here... Your just asking for somthing to break...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Enthusiast
    Stiffer rear end.., better drifting, no chassis drop on take off, better exceleration off the line. Lower body stance.
    2wd and 4x4 slash brasher

Stiffer rear end.., better drifting, no chassis drop on take off, better exceleration off the line. Lower body stance.
    Oh ok. That makes sense. But if you hit a bump hard enough, it will break somthing, so be warned...
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

yeah i would rather just stiffen up the proper suspension myself
    Drag It!

Pics please.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the heads up.., but this is a parking lot speedster , big parking lots.., we do drifting and drag races.., no jumping. That's what the 4x4 is for, now I need a good tire that will bite the asphalt with grip and not spin to much.. Any ideas???? Thankx

Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    I need to get those ^^ I am only on street and got trenchers, burn them up pretty fast.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

better hurry then if you want the pro core ones. prolines website said limited time only and says out of stock now. the ones i posted are the only ones i found on ebay when i searched lol

and if those sell out you could still get the standard version with foam like all the others and just tape them.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    Having some sort of rear suspension will help you get some bite on acceleration. Why not try GTR shocks with Revo springs? You could also try J Concept's G-Locs with a bunch of tire sauce, but no rear suspension at all is a problem.

RC Enthusiast
    I'm envisioning in my mind what you have done and while the concept is simple and straight forward, I still think we need to see some pics of this beast.

Might also try a modified version made of spring steel with a bend in the middle to allow for at least some give if need be. She'd jump like a rabbit then though.
    I love his music, I do. I'm a Michael Bolton fan.

RC Qualifier
    Just make sure all the rocks are picked up before you go play.

tires for road

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver7498 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up.., but this is a parking lot speedster , big parking lots.., we do drifting and drag races.., no jumping. That's what the 4x4 is for, now I need a good tire that will bite the asphalt with grip and not spin to much.. Any ideas???? Thankx
    Well, softening the rear will give you better traction off the line. With those tie rods for shocks there's no weight transfer to the back and hence less traction.

RC Qualifier
    You locked the diff yet?

RC Qualifier
    I dunno. I think logic tells us that rear suspension is necessary-- but cross-country mountain bikes are almost exclusively hardtails, and I've seen many a landspeed car where the rear axle is bolted directly to the frame. In my experience fiddling with on-road suspension for what are essentially off-road vehicles, the suspension has to be excessively stiff to actually do more good than harm. I ran the stiffest springs I could find, with 100wt oil, and still had more weight transfer than I would have liked on my speedrun setup.

RC Qualifier
    The mountain bikes are rigid for efficiency- instead of wasting energy cycling the rear suspension, all of the riders energy is used for propulsion. Land speed cars really only need a little traction- they are pushed off, and really don't accelerate all that hard, compared to, say, a drag car. My experience with off-road conversions has been similar to the Dr.'s, with real benefits coming from limiting droop while using a very stiff spring that still allowed some droop, and getting the lower shock mount as close to the tire as possible to limit mechanical advantage. Maintaining proper balance between front and rear will always be tricky, and some tuning with swaybars can improve roll stiffness to the point that performance is very acceptable. The GTR shock with Revo springs appears to me to be a very easy solution to the problem, although it would require a custom front shock tower to get the truck low enough, and some experimenting with travel limiters and overall shock length. Too much travel can really screw up on road handling.

RC Enthusiast
    Blaster, you mention a drag car. Arn't the funny and rail cars rigid frame in the rear?

Driver, is this car mainly for insane straigh shots or do you run it around bashing like you would any car? How does it perform the task at hand?
    I love his music, I do. I'm a Michael Bolton fan.

Quote Originally Posted by tadracket View Post
    Blaster, you mention a drag car. Arn't the funny and rail cars rigid frame in the rear?

Driver, is this car mainly for insane straigh shots or do you run it around bashing like you would any car? How does it perform the task at hand?
    correct, top fuel dragsters have no suspension at all other than the tires. under speed fop fuel dragster tires actually balloon as well to.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    I knew someone would bring that up! Dragster frames are very flexible, and bow what appears to be about a foot in the center during a pass. Stiff or short (think Funnycar or altered) chassis cars have less flex, and require less clutch to come out of the hole cleanly. Both types flex a great deal even when being pushed through the staging lanes, and watch how twisted up they are on the burnout. BTW, short cars like a Pro Mod don't work at all with no rear suspension- it was tried in the '90s when the power got really stupid and the rear suspension links were breaking.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdodge44150 View Post
    You locked the diff yet?
    Not yet, just bought the proline tranny.., have to get back to indianaplois to get it. Should be Wednesday , Thursday to install.. See where I'm at. Gotta say boys its interesting reading from you lot.., good stuff.., I'm bit ol school I like the no shock setup actually , ya gets loose, but controllable . Dose great starsky and hutch slides and burn outs.., I do have a set of street fighter but not with the inner core like that, had I known then..., my jconcepts just have no traction at all . Maybe it's the lipo 2s 3400 .., ya think.., lol I'll be in touch .., thanks for all the great thinking.. Oh and maybe I should go to a dragster ..., but for now having a blast.....,,,,,, sorry haven't figured out how to send pics from an iPad yet.. But will.. Driver7498

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver7498 View Post
    Not yet, just bought the proline tranny.., have to get back to indianaplois to get it. Should be Wednesday , Thursday to install.. See where I'm at. Gotta say boys its interesting reading from you lot.., good stuff.., I'm bit ol school I like the no shock setup actually , ya gets loose, but controllable . Dose great starsky and hutch slides and burn outs.., I do have a set of street fighter but not with the inner core like that, had I known then..., my jconcepts just have no traction at all . Maybe it's the lipo 2s 3400 .., ya think.., lol I'll be in touch .., thanks for all the great thinking.. Oh and maybe I should go to a dragster ..., but for now having a blast.....,,,,,, sorry haven't figured out how to send pics from an iPad yet.. But will.. Driver7498
    Watch out that proline trans has plastic gears!!!

RC Qualifier

Talking

did you found some street tires already?
    i got these : http://www.medialpro.com/html/1th8_onroad.html
    combined with RCP 1:8 springs on Traxxas aluminium Bigbores
    and the CC scte

this setup flies on 3s
    franz
    greetings from holland
    www.rcm-alkmaar.nl