RC Qualifier

Traxxas XO-1 Temperature and RPM Sensors with Airtronics or Other Radio

Has anyone used the stock Traxxas XO-1 temperature and RPM sensors with another radio? I am at the point where I am ready to install the Airtronics RX-461 receiver, but the Traxxas connectors are different from the Traxxas connectors. The Airtronics uses a 'Z' connector so I was wondering if it is possible to cut the Traxxas connector off and put a 'Z' connector on the end.

Airtronics sells a temperature sensor, but it's extremely short. Airtronics sells the RPM sensor, but I really like the way the stock Traxxas XO-1 RPM sensor is setup so it would be great if I could keep using it.

Let me know what you have done or your suggestions.
    XO-1+Wind=(XO-1+Curb)x2=Me-XO-1=Me+Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Correction: but the Traxxas connectors are different from the Airtronics connectors

RC Champion
    I run two receivers in my xo-1. The Traxxas one for telemetery and an aftermarket radio for driving. I haven't used the telemetery for months but it's there just in case.

RC Qualifier
    That won't work for me as I sold both of my stock receivers. For now I am going to extend the Airtronics temperature sensor and worry about installing the RPM sensor later on when I can figure out how to wire the stock one with my Airtronics receiver.

RC Qualifier
    Update: The extended temperature sensor works. Still haven't figured out what I am going to do about the RPM sensor. I have the Traxxas RPM sensor connected to the motor mount but it's not connected to the receiver. I saw the Yeah Racing MT-4 Telemetry Sensors Upgrade Kit for Brushless Motor but I need to research it more.

RC Qualifier
    I installed a Spectrum receiver in my XO-1. The RPM sensor worked but i had to buy a Spectrum Temp sensor.

RC Qualifier
    Were you able to confirm the speed readings from the sensor with a GPS? How accurate were they?

RC Racer
    looking forward to your solution on this bringit. i'm ready for an upgrade

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by bringit View Post
    Were you able to confirm the speed readings from the sensor with a GPS? How accurate were they?
    No i haven't had a chance. I have it set to RPM. Didn't set my roll out into the remote yet.
    One thing i did notice is that i only get a Telemetry reading when the car is with in 40-50 feet so if you want a top speed reading it will have to be set up to where the car flies by you at top speed.
    Its like that for all of my cars.