Thread: Please help

RC Racer

Please help

I asked this over on the 2wd pede forum and no one answered. I have a 2wd pede as well and I put a losi 4800kv motor in it and the esc that went with it, I believe its called a xceloron system. Well I think the losi esc is about to crap out, as in it acting sparratic and sometime reverse wont work. I was thinking what if i put my old vxl 3s in, would it power that motor? It will only be for a while, I need to get my vxl motor replaced by traxxas and then the the stock 3500 will go in it. Hoping the losi will work for now at least.

Quote Originally Posted by mattstang2007 View Post
    I asked this over on the 2wd pede forum and no one answered. I have a 2wd pede as well and I put a losi 4800kv motor in it and the esc that went with it, I believe its called a xceloron system. Well I think the losi esc is about to crap out, as in it acting sparratic and sometime reverse wont work. I was thinking what if i put my old vxl 3s in, would it power that motor? It will only be for a while, I need to get my vxl motor replaced by traxxas and then the the stock 3500 will go in it. Hoping the losi will work for now at least.
    i looked for the specs, and losi dosen't say if this is a 2 or 4 pole motor. It'll work if it's a 2 pole motor. however, if it's a 4 pole motor and you hook it up to the esc, when you apply throttle, it'll only have a mid-range rpm. essentially, the esc will act like it's got a rev limiter on it. It won't hurt the esc to try either. just make sure you gear accordingly. that's a big jump from a 3500kv to a 4800kv. if i were you, i'd start out 3 teeth lower than you gear on the 3500. hope that helps.
    ERBE, 8ight, 8ight-t, b4,b44, scte, slash 4x4