RC Racer

Water cooling pump

I've seen somewhere a small black pump that has the the servo plug on end for power and would supply constant water flow for my Spartan. But of course I can't remember where or what site I saw it and I'm hoping maybe someone on here has seen it also? Thanks for help finding. I wanna say it was inexspensive too.

RC Racer
    on max ammp web site
    Don t Go Fast if you are out of Control !!!!

RC Racer
    Yes something similar to that. I don't see them selling it separately so I sent them a email asking to how much just for pump. Anyone else seen it elsewhere. Thanks for you input

RC Qualifier
    I bought one seperately from them....worked ok, once it was primed.....but then, my boat sat for a couple months and o locked up... Wouldn't work and is sealed shut so u can't even work on ur or try to free it up unless u ruin it... I wanna say it,was like 20 or 30 bucks ...hopefully u have better luck with yours keep us posted....

Last edited by cooleocool; 09-17-2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: post merge
    spartan1 castle ice 240 castle 2200 Prather 220

RC Racer
    That doesn't sound good but I do like ur setup. I've got dual rudder pickup and I wanna make it like a jetski when its running water is always flowing threw it. so I was thinking 2 one for esc and one for motor. Is that a little exssessive?

RC Qualifier
    Alittle, but remember its a motor which sucks up batt juice constantly,not sure how much it draws, but also it goes in the,aux port on the receiver.... Or the batt port......not sure,if you can wire 2 pumps in one,port ...may be too much current draw....

RC Racer
    Well I got the 5 channel tqi and I was going to use the 3 and 4 channel to power them. I've got 6 2s batts and 2 3s batts so I have enough to keep me going. that's why I'm not too concerned with battery drain. Can't imagine it would be much but I don't know for sure. Thanks for your opinion. It does helps and makes me think only 1 is needed.

RC Qualifier
    Gotcha, no prob at all ....hope it works,out for you which ever road you choose... Keep us posted on your results ...;-)

RC Qualifier
    I did a water pump for my watercooling system for my slash:

First I bougth this waterpump and I bought this connector. I soldered them together and that's it
    Total cost: less than $20
    Just my suggestion
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Racer
    D B G what was the output like with that pump? Was it pretty forceful? Also do you know what the size was. I got the 4mm id cooling hoses curious if it would fit

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by OnenOnlyCanuck View Post
    D B G what was the output like with that pump? R/ Was just 2 wires: red and black
    Was it pretty forceful? R/ Is working well for just 6v (max 12v)
    Also do you know what the size was. I got the 4mm id cooling hoses curious if it would fit R/ look down for more info...
    3.6L/min Mini DC Brushless Submersible Water pump:

Power: DC12V
    Output: 3.6L/m or 68GPM @12V
    Vertical lift: 3m (10ft)
    Current: 320mA@ DC12V
    Intake: 8mm ID/10mm OD Dia.
    Outlet: 5 mm ID/8mm OD Dia.
    Self-priming: No
    Life span: > 20,000hrs @ 1600rpm~4200rpm
    Noise: << 38dB
    Working Temp: 55'C (non-submersed)
    Size(L*W*D): 2.0"x1.7"x1.36" (52mm X 42.7mm X 34mm)
    Weight (net): 5.0oz

I hope this help...
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Racer
    Probably end up getting those. Only concern is the size of output and input is bigger then the cooling line I got now. I'll do some fittings to get it to work. I like how reviews say it shoots 6 feet in air. That means I should have plenty of water flow with one. But I'm still going to order two to keep a spare. Would a good setup be having the dual pickup rudder connect to a y adapter down to 1 and then into pump. Out pump and then have another y to do separate cooling lines for esc and motor? And separate exit lines too of course

RC Qualifier
    Probably end up getting those. Only concern is the size of output and input is bigger then the cooling line I got now. I'll do some fittings to get it to work. I like how reviews say it shoots 6 feet in air. That means I should have plenty of water flow with one. But I'm still going to order two to keep a spare. Would a good setup be having the dual pickup rudder connect to a y adapter down to 1 and then into pump. Out pump and then have another y to do separate cooling lines for esc and motor? And separate exit lines too of course
    Also you can use an external BEC for use the max power (12v) instead to use the half of power (6v from the receiver).

Just my suggestion.
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Racer
    So I got pump installed today and I need some bigger fittings. Can anyone help. The fitting on dual rudder pickup is too small so,I can only get limited water inside pump. Other problem is esc can only fit the small 3mm hose and of course I'm using the bigger ones. And the motor cooling jacket needs bigger fittings so I don't have to use adapters to use bigger 4mm hose then down to 3mm into esc. Water does pump threw system but only dribbles out side outlet. I'll keep everyone posted with pics soon.

RC Competitor
    So I got pump installed today and I need some bigger fittings. Can anyone help. The fitting on dual rudder pickup is too small so,I can only get limited water inside pump. Other problem is esc can only fit the small 3mm hose and of course I'm using the bigger ones. And the motor cooling jacket needs bigger fittings so I don't have to use adapters to use bigger 4mm hose then down to 3mm into esc. Water does pump threw system but only dribbles out side outlet. I'll keep everyone posted with pics soon.
    Use the bigger tubing but tighten it down with zip ties. If it;s good tubing it will seal on the nipple.

RC Racer
    Well I got the good lines from kintec. problem with ziptie on dual rudder pickup is there's no clearance for 2 zipties and the pump is sucking in air cause of it.

RC Competitor
    Well I got the good lines from kintec. problem with ziptie on dual rudder pickup is there's no clearance for 2 zipties and the pump is sucking in air cause of it.
    Oh, my bad I thought the problem was on the esc. If you have small enough zip ties and you stagger them with different heights but are still on the nipple, you should be able to fit them.

RC Racer
    I was hoping for that. Tried it and just wouldn't seal. Got some clear hose that's a little smaller then the 4mm but bigger then original. I'm going to put some clear silicone around it to seal it up. Hopefully then I should get a good flow.

RC Racer
    Here are some pics

RC Qualifier
    I like it...
    What you think about the pump?
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Racer
    Pump is loud but not my concern. Due to small fittings I'm not getting much water flow pressure. Definitely creates constant water. Got little stream of water flow out outlets. Added cap to esc last night. Just waiting on Jeff wholts to get my cable out an I'll be able to test it. Does anyone know where I can find forum thread about turning a old servo into a on off swith for my waterpump with channel 3 on my remote. I know it involves soldering 2 2.2ohms resisters but I don't remember which wires go to what order.