a long bad day it was..............

so me and my slash had a horrible day today. and not a whole lot better for my friends slash 4x4 either. so im going to see if i can remember the problems in order lol. yeah theres so many theres an order lol

lets see......

first on mine i pretty much watched the bearings in left rear wheel (side i didnt replace yet) explode. luckily i had bought extra when i did the right rear wheel. so i replaced those.

next i noticed at some point that i tore a big hole in the tread section on my left rear tire when i was flipping it back over one time.

after that i hit a railroad tie on the end from head on. then suddenly my car is making noise and not moving from time to time. turns out i broke like 1/3 of a tooth off the metal differential gear itself, and completely removed 3 or 4 gears from the idler gear. only gear that was fine was one on end of slipper shaft. luckily my friend i was bashing with had a rustler as well and had a spare gearbox. so he let me throw in the diff and idler gear from his spare.

well about 2 minutes later im hearing this same kind of firmiliar noise i was just hearing with old parts in it. so i carry it in the garage pull my lid off, and find that somehow the balance lead on my lipo has the plug ripped off it!

and after tearing the entire gearbox apart for a second time i find his differential he let me use was made out of nylon not steel on the gear. so it just ate the teeth right off it from the brushless motor and lipo power..........

and thats just what went wrong with mine! and all in less than one battery pack of life to

on his slash 4x4

first he was redoing the shocks with spring selection and oil weight advice from me. well inside the spring on the shaft he had metal spacers for a travel limiter. and the oil was so thin it may as well been non existant. so needless to say all 4 shafts were bent to some point. so after straitening them the best he could, removing the metal travel limiters, and filling them full of 50w oil with losi green springs all around we started running his.

the shocks were a night and day difference in handling! but he must have started to bend the right rear shaft again cus it was sticking in the compressed position. well we went back out after looking it over quick as mine had broken again at this point (stripping second diff gear).

so i was driving his slash 4x4 and him his rustler. well i hit our jump and his esc decided to come untaped at some point and attempted to remove itself from the car unhooking wires in the process lol. also found a body clip and washer had come off, so we took it in, fixed that with some 3m double sided tape i had. and at this point he did something that must have over extended the servo saver on his rustler because it was locked in right turn mode lol. he fixed this quick while i retaped his esc.

then at one point i drove up by him and he goes what the heck did you do to my tire? i look at it and was like what are you talking about? its fine..... so he reaches down and pushes the rear of truck sideways. which caused the tire to lean over all the way onto the sidewall lol. the screw going into the aluminum bearing carrier on the camber link decided to remove itself lol.

so we were back at it again. and i kept noticing that his right rear tire was sucked up in the body, i just figured it was shock, because at one point it was. nope, apparently something decided to blow off the right rear shock cap so who knows how long i was driving it and jumping it like this lol.

at this point we called it a night lol, ill try and get some pics up for everyone of the carnage lol.

it was a long day lol
    there's no life like a LOW LIFE!
    Drag It!

pics:

my broken diff, metal gear, part of tooth missing on very top

3 teeth completely missing from my idler gear

another view of my idler gear

my failed bearings from left rear wheel. or what left. the top 3 pieces are supposed to be one piece lol

my friends differential i stripped in about 2 minutes or less (nylon gear)

another view

Drag It!

RC Champion
    Looks like you guys have some work to do! What I hate about that kind of stuff is having to wait on parts. Good time for a complete breakdown!
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

what i hate right now is that i dont have another car to really play with lol. got a t-maxx sitting in my room........ needs works, building a slash 4x4....................not done lol i cant win
    Drag It!

I hate days like that
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

yeah, my wallet took a hit lol. might be a while before it gets fixed this time
    Drag It!

This is why everyone needs a spare P2de... At least one, maybe two. Lols.

sent from my iPhone 5
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    I'll lend u my shelf queen emaxx and erevo..ahh luv this hobby!!

RC Qualifier
    Wow, The bearing just exploded? weird... I don't want that happen with my mamba monster...

What you think about this differential with Steel Ring Gear and this Idler Gear? Nice combo?
    Sl4sh MM2
    T-Maxx 3.3
    Summit 1/10
    Sl2sh VXL

RC Champion
    reminds me of when I first started the hobby and only had my trx raptor. I think I went to the hobby store everyday for a while for broken parts.. wait that was this year lol
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E SCT410

Quote Originally Posted by DBG View Post
    Wow, The bearing just exploded? weird... I don't want that happen with my mamba monster...

What you think about this differential with Steel Ring Gear and this Idler Gear? Nice combo?

well the diff is stock. atleast it is for mine. but that idler gear looks nice im wondering if that failed first and then the teeth floating around broke chipped my diff gear? you could just buy this and save a little money

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-FACTORY-...item23227c3bb2

unless you messed up your spider gears or axle stubs theres no need to replace them really
    Drag It!

more carnage pics from the other day

ripped off balance port

poor slash.............

Drag It!

Wow that is messed up!! All twisted up!!

sent from my iPhone 5
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Dude now thats some carnage. LOL Are you going to fix the balance port on the Lipo? Money = fun, if you aint spending it you aint having any

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III ~ using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

yeah im going to get it fixed somehow. even if i have to pay hobby shop a few dollars to do so. better than just throwing $50 down the drain.
    Drag It!

RC Qualifier
    I have a few 3s balance plugs if you need one

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

mine is only a 2s though lol
    Drag It!