RC poster

Reverse shift servo

Im trying to set my summit up so that diff lock and shifting to low is all by the factory diff lock switch... Problem is that when I hooked up a y harness to the diff servos and moved the shift servo it throws backwards now... I tried to flip the servo but it doesn't clear the frame

The easiest way to do that would be buy a servo reverser.plugs inline save you some grief.

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC poster
    Alright I'll have to swing by the lhs again and see if they have one I've seen a few pics of them flipped but can't see exactly how it's done

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Last I searched they are pretty cheap on eBay... about $6 shipped.
    There is a video that Krall has shown me where it can be done to the servo, but you would have to be very comfortable with soldering.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Well I bought a turn igy servo reverser off eBay and I'm not sure if I got the wrong one or something but when I hooked it up it started twitching and then when I went to shift the trans it just wiggled all the way till the servo finished its motion

Sounds defective.

BTW:
    The stared out word should be edited completely out of the post. Defeating the word filter will warrant points here on this forum and enough points will get you banned.

RC Qualifier
    I bought a pair of the same reversers just to have around. Sounds like I better check them out to make sure they work.

Sent from my iPhone using autocorrect

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Sounds defective.

BTW:
    The stared out word should be edited completely out of the post. Defeating the word filter will warrant points here on this forum and enough points will get you banned.
    Alright I'll get in touch with the seller then... I didn't relies that its not allowed to say other name brands on here... I just wanted to make sure it was posted so no one is guessing.

Other name brands are allowed. Only a select few are not.

RC Competitor
    I've done this on my summit cause I didn't like the thumb switch getting bumped all the time. NO REVERSER OR MODIFYING SHIFT SERVO IF YOU DON'T MIND LOCKING BOTH DIFFERENTIALS TOGETHER. You will need one y harness. For those not familiar with shift servo and gear position functions, study well the stock high and low servo movement and transmission shift arm position in stock setup before starting and note rotation direction of shaft. Remove servo arm from shift servo. Remove receiver box cover. Unplug transmission from channel 3 and unplug diff lock servos from 4 and 5. Reverse channel 4 in the transmitter-follow traxxas site menu for 2.4 radio under manuals and read carefully before starting. Plug the servo for the transmission into channel 4. Plug y harness into channel 5 and then plug both differential lock servos into the y harness double end. The stock differential switch will now be high gear at top, low gear in middle, and low gear both differentials locked at bottom. VERIFY reversed rotation of servo shaft from stock-I had to go through reprogramming process twice to reverse the servo cause I missed the very last "SET" press in the process (follow menu from traxxas site for 2.4 radio manual menu tree for programming). BE SURE to disconnect your trans servo arm before starting and reposition it in correct new position after function is reversed and trans shift arm is correctly positioned for new rotation with rotation of servo shaft visually verified and or you might strip the shift servo gears. Doesn't take long to do this but the receiver box gets a little crowded with the y harness inside. Get the shortest y harness you can find or make your own to eliminate excess wire. Now you have thumb switch on channel 3 open to use for other things-lights, maybe? Thanks to OP for starting this train of thought.