RC Competitor

How do you put fuel in carb

I just bought a traxxas revo 3.3 from a guy for a great deal. He said the only problem is that the last time he ran it cold it didnt start but when he put fuel in the carburator it fired right up. How do you do this?
    Ps I have tried priming it, checked the fuel lines, the blow dryer method and all others methods. I am pretty sure this is the issue.
    Thanks

RC Champion
    Is fuel going into the carb when you are priming it? You shouldn't need to put fuel directly into the carb. Priming it should be all that is needed.
    Last edited by pbflash; 09-15-2012 at 11:23 AM.
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods

RC Competitor
    I can see the fuel moving slowly from the tank when i prime but it never makes it to the carb

RC Champion
    Sounds like a possible air leak in the fuel tank or a bad fuel line causing it to not build up enough pressure to push the fuel to the carb. If you remove the line that goes to the pipe and blow in it, can you get the fuel to the carb?
    Rustler-3.3,Revo-Hyper .21,Jato-3.3
    lots of mods

RC Champion
    you may have a bad fuel tank o-ring. pressure from the tail pipe pressurizes the fuel tank and essentially pushes fuel through the lines to the carb. If its not doing that very well, I would replace that o-ring on the fuel tank filler as well as put new fuel lines on the car. One last thing, the rubber coupler on the exhaust header to the pipe needs to be new and have zip ties around it. make sure the entire system is air tight to include the air filter to carb.

"Red"