RC poster

Problem with my brushless upgrade

I got a small problem. Something is wrong with this brushless setup. I have a new 2wd slash. I got a brushless setup from a guy in here. He said it worked with nimh batteries but not lipos, that was the only thing wrong with it. But I put it all on and programmed it. When I give it throttle it jitters but then it will take off. Then hit the brakes try to go reverse. It won't budge. When my lil boy pushes it it then goes in reverse. Is I stop it will jitter or stutter when trying to go in reverse but then it will take off and go. If I stop and try to go forward. It won't move. Then after 10 secs of back and forth in goes forward. When it won't move in a certain direction I can lift the back of the car and it will spin both ways perfectly. But when on the ground won't change directions. By rolling it back and forth helps it shift. I checked the battery, ive checked the gear lashing and the programming. All is fine. What's wrong with it.

RC Competitor
    Hello Krashking. You don't mention the fabric of the brushless set but lets give it a try. You progammed it but is there a factory default and that should be at least a working start. Personaly I think that you got a esc with a problem. I will follow the discussion.
    Slash 2WD lcg Chuckworks & 4WD lcg Traxxas
    Summit

RC Qualifier
    Which ESC, motor, battery? Could be an ESC problem, or just something weird.

When you say it will work with nimh, but not lipo, what exactly do you mean? Is it just that the LVC will not arm? Either way, it sounds like something isn't right. I would assume it's the esc since the seller already mentioned that there was some kind of issue with it. But it's really hard to say. Electronics are weird and sometimes the symptoms don't really point to one component or the other. Hate to say it, but you'll probably need to send the motor and esc in for diagnosis. Only other thing I can think of is to get a working esc and motor and switch components back and forth to see which one is causing the problem. Kind of a trial and error approach.

RC poster
    It's the velineon setup I'm using a fully charged factory nimh battery. The seller said it worked just fine for him. Any got a velineon setup I can borrow the esc from for a day or so.

RC Racer
    I sold him the setup it was a brand new take out of a slash 4x4 with the known vxl issue of premature lvd when in lipo cutoff mode(like within a few seconds of running). tons of threads on here for the issue but in nimh mode it would run fine I ran a whole pack through it the week before I put it up for sale here in the market place and sold it for I think 65 motor and esc.
    I think it is not programmed (calibrated) to radio system correctly for throttle end points but I am not there to check it. Like I said in a pm if you can't get it to work I would either send it in to traxxas pay the fee if they charge you and get a new system and still be less than buying one new or if you want send it back to me and I will refund you the money. But I would try a fully charged pack and try to set it to your radio system.