RC Qualifier

Mip cvd question

I use my slash for just bashing and at the skate park for jumping. I was wondering of the mip c-cvd would be sufficient or do I need to spend the extra $25 and get the mip x-duty? I thought the c-cvd would be better cause they are lighter and I like to do big air jumps, I just don't know if they would hold up. What do you guys think? Thanks

RC Champion
    R u running the vxl system? What cell lipos? Tires? For most cases, the regular c-cvds are fine.
    Merv, Sl4sh, P4de, Embe, Slash
    2400/2200/4000kv

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J View Post
    R u running the vxl system? What cell lipos? Tires? For most cases, the regular c-cvds are fine.
    Oh sorry, yes running the brushless vxl system with stock tires using 2s batteries

RC Champion
    The mip regular cvds should work fine for your use. I run the velineion motor, and castle esc, and 2s lipo, and I have never broke an axle yet. The only possible problem is that near the output yolk from the transmission, the shaft is rubbing the yolk, which is cutting a small ring into the shaft. I haven't found a solution yet. Maybe somebody else has?
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by dgudenau View Post
    The mip regular cvds should work fine for your use. I run the velineion motor, and castle esc, and 2s lipo, and I have never broke an axle yet. The only possible problem is that near the output yolk from the transmission, the shaft is rubbing the yolk, which is cutting a small ring into the shaft. I haven't found a solution yet. Maybe somebody else has?
    do you happen to have a pic of the damage? maybe i will just get the heavy duty i have them on my slash 4x4 with zero problems. but i really would like to have the weight savings of the regular cvd

How about the HD plastic shafts? They should be lighter than the mip's.

And if you're getting big air, I've heard the mip's may drop out at maximum suspension extension.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    do you happen to have a pic of the damage? maybe i will just get the heavy duty i have them on my slash 4x4 with zero problems. but i really would like to have the weight savings of the regular cvd
    I will try to get pictures of it tomorrow evening for you. My fear is that a weak point will develop on that area and lead to the failure of the part.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Qualifier
    I run the 6852x's hd 4x4 rear and they hold up pretty good but will eventually round out. I just ordered a set of the regular cvds. Tired of buying drive shafts hope this solves it. I think if you put the shock on the inner most hole and the bearing carrier on the upper most hole you will have this problem of the yoke hitting the shaft at maximum droop. But use the lower bearing carrier hole and at least the 2,3,4... you wont shoudn't have the problem. The straighter you can keep the shafts the longer they will last.

I will say this, if you get the Mip X-Duty axles they will last you an extremely long time! I have had a set for two years and they are solid. I did break a stub axle in February but it was covered by their warranty and had a new part by the end of the week!
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I will say this, if you get the Mip X-Duty axles they will last you an extremely long time! I have had a set for two years and they are solid. I did break a stub axle in February but it was covered by their warranty and had a new part by the end of the week!
    yeah i have decided to get the x-duty. thanks for all the help guys

Quote Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa View Post
    yeah i have decided to get the x-duty. thanks for all the help guys
    Post up some pics if the install. I'd like to see how it goes.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...