Thread: Not a Hater

RC Qualifier

Thumbs up Not a Hater

Over the years I have seen a ton of integy bashing and for that reason have generally strayed away from their products. A while ago I purchased a motor fan which has proven to be a sturdy, reliable addition to my bashing sessions. Most recently I opted to try their XHD Steel Drive-shafts for my 3s-4s mamba Stampede 4x4 basher. So far I am sold!
    I have beat the "you-know-what" out of this thing for just a couple of days now and they are holding on great!
    I did lose a set screw/pin the second day, probably because I didn't wait long enough for the loctite to set, but the traxxas #4928x HD yokes come with a spare set that supplemented just fine!
    Finally I have a set-up that can Bash-without-breaking every session!
    I'll keep you updated! I was out of the scene for a good 6 months because I was sick of replacing drive shafts after being on the "waiting list" for the OEM steel equivalent.
    Ya, ya, ya...I know, I could just slow it down a bit and take it easy, but why harness the power if you can't release it every now and then?
    Last edited by beetroot72; 09-13-2012 at 09:14 PM.
    When Boy When, Are You Gonna Get Your Act Together

RC Qualifier
    Nice, I've been waiting for a user review on the integy driveshafts

I'll be waiting for failure lol but I don't want to hear it
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

RC Champion
    If they hold up then the price is certainly worth it! Please share your results...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Champion
    Are these the ones that the shafts come in red,green, blue, orange etc?
    Everything overpowered...

Only half of the Integy-hating is over their lousy products.

I have seen a set of Integy beadlock wheels go from being round to egg-shaped on the first jump... a small jump; I have had two bulkheads and a shock tower for my Emaxx deform under minimal stress, and I have seen lots of Integy arms bend when they shouldn't have. They have some products that aren't bad, the crawling motors are a reliable entry-level option, and I have heard good things about their Magnum 272 transmission cases and shocks.

Other than not trusting the products they sell, their customer support is absolutely terrible. When my bulks and shocktower deformed I called them. The customer support rep said that any abnormal use and abuse is not covered under the warrenty, and installing the parts on a RC is considered "abnormal use and abuse". Sadly, the bulk of their business is from new RC owners that want some cool aftermarket parts, Integy parts look REALLY good hanging in the hobbyshop. Makes me wonder how many noobies bought Integy parts, had them fail and got out of the hobby thinking that hobby-grade RCs were junk.

From most RC companies, I am not expecting premium support, I just want the company to give a darn when their customers say their parts are defective, Integy saddly sells enough shiny parts that they just don't care.

Traxxas is a good example of good customer support, they care about their customers. When the Summit had its issues with the diffs, they mailed out new parts to make it right. I had noise in my E-Maxx transmission, the customer support rep said it was llkely a bad gear, but run it hard and see what happens. Two runs later the transmission gears ate themselves, I called Traxxas back and they sent me out a new set.

Premium support, only a couple of companies really have that. Vanquish Products (VP) is a good example of outstanding customer support. I bought an upper link mount for my XR10, but I could not get the bearing carrier to seat properly, I shot them an email and they sent me a new mount. Then new one had the exact same issue, I emailed them back with photos. A day later they emailed me back, they went back through their stock and found that they had a machining error in that lot of mounts, the last one they sent me worked perfectly. If I remember right, they also sent new mounts to the other customers that had gotten one out of that batch, that is premium service!

JMHO...
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    ^ True... Well put
    What's a coffee if it aint Irish

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Very well stated Greatscott!!! I'm lucky that I have not been burned by more than $200 bux or so worth of parts. I have given them many chances on parts. I have run their piggyback shocks, hinge pins ( ouch ), & A-arms on my EMBE. Some are good and some are bad. I'm not bashing them, but you have to understand at the same time that if you were to recommend a part and someone was to dump money on them and they do fail how would you feel. Unless proven by a bunch of people I wouldnt. Don't get me wrong they make awesome Heatsinks, Fins, & fans for motors. I'm totally glad to see you finding a good part, please let us know how they hold up and for how long. To me if CS isnt top notch then they are out of the picture for me.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Buy cheap buy twice...peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TQi View Post
    Nice, I've been waiting for a user review on the integy driveshafts

I'll be waiting for failure lol but I don't want to hear it
    I second beetroot's opinion on this. I have MIP's on the back and got sick of always having to replace front driveshaft parts but didn't want to pop for th $60. The Integy's cost half that, and appear to work just as well. Actually, they have less slop in the splines. We'll see how they hold up over time. The MIPS are several months old now with no problems. Only a few runs on the Integy's.

RC Qualifier
    Well I bent my Traxxas rims and my Proline Desperados too. Next I'm going to try the 3,2 17mm hex Revolvers I just got. They look sturdier.
    As far as support, I don't think any RC company is as good as Traxxas for that. I'm sticking with them on my next vehicle purchase for that reason and parts availability and cost compared to others. Also, easier to work on with the modular designs.

RC Racer
    Rob, or anyone else, if your integy drive shafts break. You might want to look at teknos. I got teknos all all corners for right around 80 bucks brand new. I think they are comparable to mip, a lot of people seem to like them and you get new hubs/wheel hexes with bearings as well for around 20 bucks more then integy for all 4 corners, can't get any better. just my 2 cents. On topic I have a integy heatsink n fan and It worked good, guess they are not totally bad.
    Last edited by mattstang2007; 09-14-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Integy's steel roll bars hold up pretty well. After an upside down skid you can hit it with a little black spray paint and its good as new.
    Last edited by O.G.; 09-14-2012 at 01:56 PM.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by mattstang2007 View Post
    Rob, or anyone else, if your integy drive shafts break. You might want to look at teknos. I got teknos all all corners for right around 80 bucks brand new. I think they are comparable to mip, a lot of people seem to like them and you get new hubs/wheel hexes with bearings as well for around 20 bucks more then integy for all 4 corners, can't get any better. just my 2 cents. On topic I have a integy heatsink n fan and It worked good, guess they are not totally bad.
    I run both Tekno & MIPs. So far both have done me really well. One is running the CC 2650k & the other a 2400kv. You'll find each of my builds in their select sections of the forum.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

Even if they were as good as MIPs or Teknos, I would not buy them. I'm not a hater, I simply choose not to support a company that makes a conscious choice to produce and market sooo many inferior products. I refuse to buy even their "good" products and I will not recommend anything of theirs any longer. Such is my right as a consumer.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Even if they were as good as MIPs or Teknos, I would not buy them. I'm not a hater, I simply choose not to support a company that makes a conscious choice to produce and market sooo many inferior products. I refuse to buy even their "good" products and I will not recommend anything of theirs any longer. Such is my right as a consumer.
    This is pretty much exactly how I feel. I have seen far too many cases of Integy parts failing or even worse not even fitting right out of the package. I simply chose not to support a company with so many issues and such poor customer service.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Racer
    I know I said the integy sink n fan were good. Would I endorse it, no. I bought it before I even knew the company was so bad. For me I will stick to RPM for body parts, and tekno for drive train parts.

RC Qualifier
    Money is real tight these days...I've been out of work for too long already and just had to jump on the Integy shafts for now. I only paid 45 bucks on ebay for a full set which is just 10 bucks more that the stock ones.
    I've ran 3 more 3s and one crazy 4s pack through them and they have taking everything I gave them. I did strip out a brand new wheel though; forgot to check for tightness before a run.

Anyway I'm happy with them and when they break I'll be out of commission for a while again until I can affors the mip's.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by QYKSLVR View Post
    Are these the ones that the shafts come in red,green, blue, orange etc?
    Yup, that is them!

Sorry, neighbor. We weren't trying to call out you or anybody else. The above were personal opinions and choices, not to be taken as criticism.

RC Racer
    I just sent back some Integy driveshafts. I got 1 heat and 2 laps in the second heat and the axles broke at the thread. I hope that they will send me the XHD axles as a warranty replacement.
    It's adult proof, not child proof !

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Sorry, neighbor. We weren't trying to call out you or anybody else. The above were personal opinions and choices, not to be taken as criticism.
    Hey, I wasn't complaining! Just explaining my mind-set. Like I said in the OP, it was a questionable purchase. I hear were you all are coming from and just have never been in your position (cause of your reviews) as I stayed away from them based on my fellow basher's experience. I was searching for another set of OEM's on ebay and stumbled across an alternative. I just blasted a 4s geared low and what would have blown the stockers into pieces seemed to be no prob for the XHD's....time willl tell!

Simply trying to assure you that no offense was intended. You gave no indication that you took any offense, but I wanted to be sure I gave none.

i've had a mixed experience with integy. Some of their e-maxx parts, i really liked. This seems like a good option for just $20 on ebay. I might try a set just to find out.
    Associated rc8TE, rc8.2E, B4.2, Ofna LX2E, Slash

RC Champion
    I have used integy in the past and wil not use them again. Found out the hard way how brittle thier line up is. They are one of the rc companies I refuse to buy from and I personally steer friends away from...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    UPDATE... I've have about a dozen 3s bashing sessions on the XHD's geared 17/54 with the Mamba SCT 2400 combo. The shafts have held up fine. I lost a set screw/pin on the second run but I didn't really let the loctite set well enough. I found a fast replacement from my LLC but also sent Integy a email. It took almost a week for them to get back to me but they sent me 6 pins for free!! Thing is, once I cleaned and set them overnight with loctite I've had no issues. It even says on the package that loctite is needed.

My biggest problem is I killed a new set of proline wheels. The hexes keep on stripping from all the torque! I just ordered the 17mm hex upgrade and some 3.8 wheels and tires.....my 40 dollar drive-shafts have now cost me an additional 120 bucks! ouch!
    Hopefully this is it for a while.. I have a new body waiting for paint and a truck that seems to be close to bullet proof!
    It never gets old.....Especially having my boy bash with me...but the funds are depleting fast!

RC Champion
    Try some throttle control =) And also make sure your wheel nuts are tight! Thats the most common reason a hex strips...
    Everything overpowered...

Quote Originally Posted by beetroot72 View Post
    It never gets old.....Especially having my boy bash with me...
    Now that's what it's all about... good times with little man.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Or in my case, little girl.
    Sit down, buckle up, hold on, pay me...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by QYKSLVR View Post
    ...make sure your wheel nuts are tight! Thats the most common reason a hex strips.
    That's exactly it!...I need to get in the habit of torquing them down before each bash. Problem is there is always that time when I don't and by the time I hear that first slip it is too late! 17mm it is, and if that doesn't cut it than I'm gonna kiss that 2400 goodbye..too expensive!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Now that's what it's all about... good times with little man.
    It's hard keeping him in check now...he's only 8 and has been bashing a 2x4 VXL on 2s for almost 2 years. I've just started letting him have at my 4x4 on 3s and he likes it too much! Instead of asking me if his car is charged, he asks if mine is!

I might just keep an eye out for a 4x4 roller; I have everything but a radio/receiver to get him going.... when does it end?

RC Qualifier

Thumbs down

Well...It happened!...Ugghh, I was really pulling for these guys! I cartwheeled doing probably forty and snapped a front shaft at the spline. Just ordered the MIP's!
    Lesson learned Guys... I still have my Heat Sink/Fan combo from Integy but I haven't used it in a year...wonder if it still works?
    Last edited by beetroot72; 10-07-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Well you gave them a try and understand why i am a mip fan boy because they get the job doneEnjoy your new mips dude....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!