RC poster

Looking for 315-355mm wide touring car body

Hi there,

Had a sweet Slash 2WD off-road setup but had to dismantle the track, so now using a large driveway/parking lot to race in, hence converting the Off-roader to an on-roader.

STRC LCG conversion kit, with Rustler bits on its way. Put on Jato wheels, and also going to put on Rustler rear suspension arms for added track.

In short, I'm going to have a 315mm wide track (without Rustler arms) or 355mm track with. Still have the Baja off-road body though, which is causing all sorts of open wheel entanglements.

Can anyone recommend a touring car/oval/rally style body that will fit such a wide track? Trying to cover the wheels so car to car contact is "body to body" rather than wheel to wheel.

Thanks!

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Proline Protoform pf8 body
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

I like this idea. I'll subscribe to see what you come up with. A Slash SC body will work with (i think) HPI SC body bumpers on the rustler chassis.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC poster
    A friend went the GT PF8 body and it works a treat. Surprising amount of downforce compared to the Baja bodies we used to use. Mine is en route so will paint and post pics. The STRC LCG conversion with Jato wheels is amazing for street.

Back to the body though... the GT PF8 body certainly makes the car more "twitchy" which I attribute to the downforce, but most importantly, even with just his car with closed wheel body resulted in far less open wheel accidents (we had one lock up where my open wheel got stuck under his car's body going through our chicane). He had to make a couple of slight mods to make it work (front bumper mounted upside down for instance).

Will post pics with full conversion once I get the body on and painted.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Which ft bumper did he use?
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???