RC Racer

Is Traxxas going to do anything with the tqi and the new iPhone?

Is Traxxas going to update the tqi with a new plug for the new iPhone/ipod?

RC Champion
    Since it's an Apple product, I'm pretty certain they're going to just sell adapter kits. It'll only be $45, and it'll be an A/B converter haha. Nah dunno the price, but I'm sure they will be everywhere Apple products are sold since there are already 10,000,000 products that use this connector from chargers, to music players to cars.

$29 from Apple.
    -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 09-13-2012 at 05:38 PM.

RC Racer
    I want to how big the adapter is going to be because the iPhone/ipod might not sit in the tqi dock good with the connector

RC Champion
    Haha $29! Ah well, as long as it has the Apple logo on it, it'll sell. /rant

It's a valid point regarding the connector being too big, but again because most all units are built to scale the iPhone nicely, I'm sure they will be creative in how is works, I think it would make most sense to have it verticle - thus raising one end of the phone up about 5mm or so, but it would still sit nicely in the TQi.

We'll have to wait and see I guess.

If anything, if the time comes when it's not being sold, or doesn't fit the TQi properly, I'm sure someone will whip a connector up - it'd just be a straight through thing anyway extremely simple, costing 50 to build.

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    I think Traxxas will have time to come up with a solution if they havent been working on it in R&D already. Since the new iPhone-5 is currently out for presale and more than likely will take a bit to hit the market with the typical new device craze. Then when the new owner can finally pry the device from the palm of their hand and the fast moving thumb action they will probably more than likely not mount it on there till the new wears off. LOL I seriously believe they have enough time to come up with a new adapter. It would be nice if Traxxas would offer the early adopters something free or at a discount if they would like one. I'm really not that worried about this as of yet. I have an Android phone and use my iPod touch on my TQi.

This is definitely a good subject to hit up though.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Racer
    Just tried iPhone 5 lightning connector and Link app with tqi, it linked with the iPhone 5.

Have not fully tried it with the car, will test at the weekend. But all connected with transmitter

RC Qualifier
    You gotta watch some of those cheap adapters as they won't work (data) when using it on 30pin electronics. They may charge but won't work normally. I got one of those ihome clock radios, it will charge the iphone 5 but it won't allow it to play music thru the speakers
    Been on here for a while but forgot my original username.

RC Enthusiast
    Any news on this?