RC Racer

Probably not good...but its worth a shot.

How does stock drive shafts hold up to 4s? off of the differntial? I'm getting center cvds so center isnt a problem
    EMBE build in progress!

4s they hold up but over time with hard accels they will wear out but over time. if you dont have any i would recommend just getting the summit long axles on all 4 to prevent from break any axles at all or even wearing them out sooner than the stock would.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    I have run stock wheel drive shafts on 6s since getting my truck with stock gearing 17/68 and I have had no issues with them (except when I run into stuff ). I even had a set of Big Joe 40's on for awhile and even with them on my stock drive shafts held up fine.
    Always get a 2nd Opinion!

RC Enthusiast
    It should hold nice, if you have a heavy finger try loosing the slipper a little.

RC Racer
    I have trencher x's. Mike, I got a pretty good deal on used emaxx shafts and a set of 17mm hubs for $35 shipped.
    EMBE build in progress!

not too bad then. its coming along there. soon it will be running.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    not too bad then. its coming along there. soon it will be running.
    Hopefully within 3 months. The most expensive thing I still have to buy is shocks. Planning on getting big bores with some progressive springs. Everything after that is under $40.
    EMBE build in progress!

yeah those would be the most costly other than the power system you choose. they range from 140-300 mine was 166 now 162 i think this year only though but limits you to only 4s max which is enough for the maxx. the 6s capable is non waterproof for 190+

RC Racer
    My parents are buying it. Therefore I will get what I want without issue lol
    EMBE build in progress!

that is totally cool, wish my parents would do that same but since i'm older think they wouldnt spend anything on what they call a TOY lol. toys are cheap $20 things i say something that costs 300+ is not a toy its a hobby. changed my plans to run my emaxx to this friday hopefully.
    Emaxx diffs i have read hold up good on only 4s and the axles as well so with a good set new or even used in good like new condition will last a while. i'll have to find time to see how mine are doing.

RC Racer
    that is totally cool, wish my parents would do that same but since i'm older think they wouldnt spend anything on what they call a TOY lol. toys are cheap $20 things i say something that costs 300+ is not a toy its a hobby. changed my plans to run my emaxx to this friday hopefully.
    Emaxx diffs i have read hold up good on only 4s and the axles as well so with a good set new or even used in good like new condition will last a while. i'll have to find time to see how mine are doing.
    You can find them really cheap on eBay. Has anyone seen those red adapters? There sick!
    EMBE build in progress!

nope where are they? havent seen them yet think i'll try to find them but post up where you found them at.

RC Racer
    Ebay man.... they were out of them at rc planet.... ill post a link in a sec

here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Traxxas-...#ht_1534wt_952
    Last edited by cooleocool; 09-13-2012 at 05:47 PM. Reason: post merge
    EMBE build in progress!

those are nice, with the 2 bodies i have those would work good to match better but the blue are working fine for now till they get bad which i dont think they do.
    Wonder if there are bigger wheels for the emaxx other than the 6.3" from traxxas or PL. thinking something like 7" maybe but just as wide as stock or PL trencher x.

RC Racer
    those are nice, with the 2 bodies i have those would work good to match better but the blue are working fine for now till they get bad which i dont think they do.
    Wonder if there are bigger wheels for the emaxx other than the 6.3" from traxxas or PL. thinking something like 7" maybe but just as wide as stock or PL trencher x.
    I know the mudslingers are huge, don't know about size though and they are a crawling tire i think haha
    EMBE build in progress!

RC Racer
    How do the cvds hold up on 4s?
    EMBE build in progress!

RC Qualifier
    My stocks wore out really fast, the stock tire blew first day then a week later the center shaft wore out around the the grub screw, I maganged to rig up a fix and a short time later the rear wheel shafts started to break, so I got all the TRX steel cvd's and they held up all year from pavement to sand

RC Racer
    Thanks that was I was wondering. I'm guessing with the extended cups of course

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    EMBE build in progress!

I use summit shafts all round with traxxas centre steel CVD's and run 6s with no issues what so ever.... No signs of wear on the centre CVD's as yet.
    Rock n Rolla !