RC poster

A Nitro Helping Hand Please

Hi all, first off I'm loving the new traxxas addiction that I have, wish I would have got into this sooner. My neighbor bought a new TMaxx 3.3 and I was at the store a week later to get mine. Now to the question, my neighbors is still like New under 2 gallons, broke in properly, never truly beat on. His problem is the idle is super high and any slight adjustment it either maintains the high idle or stalls. I am also seeing some nitro pooling up just under the carb on the right side of the block on the cooling fins. Hope that makes sense. Could these problems be related ? Fuel/air leak causing high idle but runs perfect when driving ? Any ideas ? I need his truck running so we can get back to smashn and bashn! Thanks

RC Champion
    I 'reckon ya got yerself an air leak, my man.
    Definitely check the carb for cracks because that could very well be the issue. You never want to see fuel leaking out of the engine. If the carb body is cracked then you definitely need to get a new one.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC poster
    That's what I was thinking. Probly gonna have him clean it up real good and let it run on a stand and see if we can spot it. Thanks for the quick response. I will post back after some further checkn.

RC Champion
    Don't run it when its like that, it will cause the engine to wear prematurely.
    Just take it apart and see if you can spot the crack...shouldn't be too hard.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC poster
    Sorry for the delay in my reply, its been one of those weeks. But wanted to let ya know it was the carb, had a leak and was the cause of all his problems. New carb and its running great. Thanks again for the help.