RC poster

Slash 4x4 Motor replacement

Hi all, Ive just changed my motor over to a ******* ********* as below, and thought id share my experiences with it

http://www.*********.com/*********/s...550_size_.html

The main reason for it, was that i really didnt like the tiny shaft of the stock motor, and had to use a sleeve for gears made by anyone else. I use 2S pack 7600MAH, and i use a 13tooth gear instead

Im running the motor sensored as well, and the VXL3S speedo is fine with it, HOWEVER
    I think i have found out why so many people had issues with it.
    The speedo is water proofed, by using Epoxy, however i found that my speedo sensor (aux) was FILLED half with epoxy, this sensor cable goes RIGHT into the ESC, so if its flat with the outside of the ESC, its not in the plug.

the only issue i had at the end of the upgrade, was the fact that the Sensor wire makes me unable to mount the ESC in its original location, it still fits in, so i might just double side tape it to the chasis!

RC poster
    Ok, last night I ended up making a new ESC plate to screw into the standard mount for the ESC.
    I really wanted to keep the ESC in place of where its normal location is, because i use a outerwears cover etc.
    Ive then doublesided taped the ESC onto the plate, rather than sticking it directly to the chasis so its easier to remove if i need to.
    It was really annoying that the sensor wire was 5mm too long to leave the esc in the original spot!!
    So far the new motor sounds fine, the ESC works well with the motor, I can drive VERY slow forwards, and smooth power band as well!
    I only drove it up and down the street for about 5 minutes, and there was no heat in the motor, but a tiny bit in the leads to the ESC, as in i could feel some heat in them, compared to the temp outside.