RC Competitor

Great as-is fresh outta the box?

Aaanyway...Digger's lovely still, but I've a hankerin' for tearing up my backyard, and this particular truck seems to fit the bill as to everything I need to do exactly that. Are there any particular parts I should stock up on due to easy breakage, or am I set in that department? I ask this because I have no LHS, so getting new parts is a fair bigger deal in this area. Thanks in advance for your input!
    Duh-duh-DUH-duh-DUH-duh...

RC Champion
    Only issue I had in breakage was I broke a front suspension arm. Not the part's fault hitting a concrete block on the right side will do that. I do run aluminium for the castor steering and rear carrier's..
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Enthusiast
    Ive been racing mine on my backuard track for a week straight and hqve not broke anything yet i love it so much i dont know how i lived woth 2wd before

RC Enthusiast
    We broke one of ours pretty quicky, we have three cars. My son clipped a car tire with the RF tire. Broke the plastic steering block and the drive shaft. I ordered two sets of each so we would have extras. I installed F & R suspension arm guards on all three. Seems like an inexpensive way to keep things a bit more protected. I wish I would have bought Ultimates for all three of us. Once I started to look at upgrades I realized I screwed up.

RC Champion
    It's not fun unless you break something...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!

RC Qualifier
    Depends upon you, the ultimate is well stocked out of box, I went through a stock body and tires in three weeks, get proline gear, you won't be sorry.

If you buy the Ultimate, all you will need is Mip or Techno CVD's Rpm a arms and the Kings Heads motor mount and you will have a bullet proof truck
    Slash Ultimate, ET-3S, 2400, MIP, King Headz, RPM

Looking at my Sl4sh side by side with the Sl2sh, the Sl4sh looks a little stronger and heavier duty. Bigger shocks, bigger driveshafts, same bumper, heavier chassis.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Competitor
    Thanks for all your input, guys. I think I'll go with the Ultimate edition, since it already has a buttload of upgrades that I'd probably end up doing to it anyway. Just gotta wait two more weeks 'cuz I'm broke, stupid ABS sensor crapping out on my "real" car.
    Duh-duh-DUH-duh-DUH-duh...

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCaner View Post
    Thanks for all your input, guys. I think I'll go with the Ultimate edition, since it already has a buttload of upgrades that I'd probably end up doing to it anyway. Just gotta wait two more weeks 'cuz I'm broke, stupid ABS sensor crapping out on my "real" car.

I think that's a wise decision. Can't wait for pictures !

RC Champion
    Parts are no problem There are a TON of quality and reliable dealers on line with quick cheap shipping.