RC poster

Traxxas slash brushless set up. Need help!!!!!

Hey guys I'm new to the rc world and love it. I have a 2wd slash with Vxl-3 set up and 3s lipo. Also have new big bores and rims and tires. How ever I just put that system in not long ago and ever since then I have been tearing up parts!!! I have tore up diff gear and idler gear in five mins of new drop in and also have broken both dear drive shafts after fixing transmission. Now is there any other parts I should change before they break for some preventive maintenance to be done and what's the best products for it. Keep in mind I am stationed overseas in Okinawa and can't just go to the LHS and get a new parts that day. I have to order all offline and it keeps my truck down for awhile if something breaks which I hate. That's why I ask the question. Please help me out also if you have any other input let me know please!!! (I already have cvd shafts from mip on order so I already know about that)

RC Enthusiast
    Also new to RC and living out in the boonies. This is what I've picked up from either advice on here or now painful personal experience:
    1) complete bearing set. I went with Boca green seals.
    2) complete hardware kit. Make sure it includes the shoulder screws for the shocks.
    3) shock oil and trans lube.
    4) replacement a-arms. I went with RPM.
    5) aluminum caster blocks. STRC is often recommended for aluminum parts, but there are others.
    6) aluminum bearing carriers.
    7) spare transmission.
    8) aluminum bell crank.
    9) Some have recommended aluminum shock towers.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebcampau View Post
    Hey guys I'm new to the rc world and love it. I have a 2wd slash with Vxl-3 set up and 3s lipo. Also have new big bores and rims and tires. How ever I just put that system in not long ago and ever since then I have been tearing up parts!!! I have tore up diff gear and idler gear in five mins of new drop in and also have broken both dear drive shafts after fixing transmission. Now is there any other parts I should change before they break for some preventive maintenance to be done and what's the best products for it. Keep in mind I am stationed overseas in Okinawa and can't just go to the LHS and get a new parts that day. I have to order all offline and it keeps my truck down for awhile if something breaks which I hate. That's why I ask the question. Please help me out also if you have any other input let me know please!!! (I already have cvd shafts from mip on order so I already know about that)
    3s puts strain on the driveline parts.
    If your slipper is locked down, you will continue to break things in the driveline. A 32 pitch gear conversion(jato 56t spur/32p pinion) will handle bigger power than the stock spur/pinion, and a properly adjusted slipper will save transmission wear. There are driveshaft upgrades available also if slash 4x4 rear drive shafts dont cure the breakage there.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    when you go airborne, before you hit the ground, let off the throttle!

Most driveline damage occurs when you land on a full throttle. Thats alot of shock on plastic and light metal gears.

I should get you to send me some Coco's curry mix and apple tea!!! MMMMMMMMMMM COCO ICHIBANYA!!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsawacs View Post
    when you go airborne, before you hit the ground, let off the throttle!

Most driveline damage occurs when you land on a full throttle. Thats alot of shock on plastic and light metal gears.

I should get you to send me some Coco's curry mix and apple tea!!! MMMMMMMMMMM COCO ICHIBANYA!!
    Haha yes cocos is good chicken cutlet curry is the best. Also I have been told that but most of the problems come from all tires on the ground.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    3s puts strain on the driveline parts.
    If your slipper is locked down, you will continue to break things in the driveline. A 32 pitch gear conversion(jato 56t spur/32p pinion) will handle bigger power than the stock spur/pinion, and a properly adjusted slipper will save transmission wear. There are driveshaft upgrades available also if slash 4x4 rear drive shafts dont cure the breakage there.

Thanks. Now will that gear set up give me a heat issue or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebcampau View Post
    Thanks. Now will that gear set up give me a heat issue or no?
    32p gears can be the same ratio as your stock 48p gears so the answer is no. The 32p gears are bigger and thicker so they resist breakage better than the small 48p teeth.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC poster
    Thanks guy

RC poster
    If anyone has anything else to add please do. Would like to make a stock pile so Im not have to be broken down for weeks at end waiting for parts in the mail

Definitely order an extra spur or two, and pinions - I prefer 23/83 gears on my truck. 83 is a 48p spur.

If you go with 32p gears, get a 13t, 14t or 15t pinions to match your stock gearing. I'll post stk #'s when I get home.

A set of rcscrewz is a good item to have on hand. I always keep a set around and use those when I make a repair and pretty soon your truck has all new screws.

If you have the funds, order a set of Losi Ten-T shocks for a rainy day project... You'll be glad you did. Those things are Shweet!!

Here's the 32p info:

Buy one 32p Jato spur TRA3956, and matching mod 0.8 pinions: 14t TRA3944, 15t TRA3945, or 16t TRA3946. You can also order smaller or larger mod 0.8 pinions as needed.

Your spur gear cover won't fit and you don't need it unless you run in rough off-road conditions.

Any more questions, let me know.

RC poster
    Thanks everyone