RC Qualifier

Getting a 2.4 ghz remote Remote?

Hi, I'm relatively a newbie to the hobby and would like to know if, and how if it's possible, I can just buy the new 2.4 ghz (I have the old 2.4) and just hook it up somehow and if I do just 'hook it up' how do I?

Any help is apreciated, Hamish

RC Qualifier
    Just bumping the thread seeing as though I've got no answers yet

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Are you talking about the TQi?
    If so, you can buy a remote and use your old Rx (receiver), but you will not have any sensor capability.

If you want sensors, you are going to need parts... spur gears, TQi receiver, sensors, ect. and some of them are hard to get a hold of from what I understand.

Rx installation is pretty easy... unscrew, unplug, replug, bind, bolt down, drive.

Also, with the issues that have been reported; my suggestion is to stick with what is working until Traxxas gets them sorted out.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Yeah it's super easy to just go buy a new system, as long as you can control what you need to control on your car!

For instance, if you have a SUMMIT you need to control, throttle, steering, transmission, two differentials. That means you need a 5 channel system. If you just have a basic car that needs only throttle and steering, than you only need a two channel system!

As Jimmie said, to buy the "new" TQi is no issue but to make it work to it's fullest, you'll need all the sensors and stuff.

I've bought 5 radio systems, and they're all on my car at once!