RC Qualifier

Ultimate XO-1 test spot located!

Just letting you guys know I have finally found an awesome spot to run this thing flat out. As we all know by now, a lot of the time our speed runs are really limited by the place and not the car. I found a huge section of brand new highway that is under construction and closed to traffic. Almost completely deserted. Probably about 4 lanes wide and brand new pavement. Perfectly straight and visibilty for miles. Has a slight grade in both directions (up one and down the other) so I should have mega range. I hope to test on it in a day or two.

RC Racer
    You are lucky !!! Til the highway opens of course. I was going to finally try and hit 100 mph on saturday and it started to rain !!!
    Maybe next weekend.

RC Racer
    I want to see a video of someone driving a car and following the xo-1 on a highway at night or a long straight road. That would be the best way to get top speed.

RC Racer
    Check out page 9 XO-1 Superspeedrun. He has some other videos also. I think theres another member on here that has some really cool vids also.

RC Qualifier
    Made a few passes at this spot yesterday. Finally got the car to the point where it pretty much stopped accelerating. Held 107 for about 3 seconds and barely tickled 108 right as I dropped the laundry. Traxxas batteries. 6s.

RC Qualifier
    Congrats!

No video?

RC Qualifier
    Video or it didn't happen. hehe
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    You might of found the ultimate test location but ive found the ultimate test driver lol

On you marks get set GOOO!!

More like the ultimate chewer

RC Qualifier
    I wish her all the best

RC Racer
    When you are hitting 107-108 what does it show for telemetry ?? I need to search for another spot.

RC Qualifier
    Yeah, that's all I have. I've been waiting for the traxxas gps module but apparantly that thing is a unicorn.

RC Qualifier
    you will be suprized by the gps or radar gun compared to the telemetry
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Qualifier
    Ok, so it turns out that the ultimate test spot is not yet so ultimate. The road is what I would call "pre-paved". There are a lot of heavy equipment marks on the road. I didn't notice them at first but after doing a back flip at 108 I took a closer look. As soon as they pave it for the last time I'm sure it will be amazing but right now I might have to find a spot where they haven't tore the pavement up so bad. I'm sure I just need to walk down it a little farther. It did make for some pretty entertaining go pro video though.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStenchOfSpeed View Post
    Ok, so it turns out that the ultimate test spot is not yet so ultimate. The road is what I would call "pre-paved". There are a lot of heavy equipment marks on the road. I didn't notice them at first but after doing a back flip at 108 I took a closer look. As soon as they pave it for the last time I'm sure it will be amazing but right now I might have to find a spot where they haven't tore the pavement up so bad. I'm sure I just need to walk down it a little farther. It did make for some pretty entertaining go pro video though.
    Would love to see your video!!...as I am sure everyone else would.

RC Racer
    Yeah when are you going to post the video?