Thread: Blown Tires!!!!

RC Racer

Blown Tires!!!!

Are you kidding me!!!!

On my second speed run today; I blew the tire right off of the rim!!!!
    I hope traxxas is going to replace this for me. First traxxas product I'm
    really not happy with!!!

RC Qualifier
    That's part of the game man, imperfections in the glue or the rubber can cause them to let go

RC Champion
    Bummer!

Did you have the speed limiter thing unlocked yet or still just doing 50mph?

RC Racer
    Yes, I'm flying!!! Just disappointed that traxxas won't just send me a new set; if the car is advertised to do 100mph, my tires should be blowing at 90mph.

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas refused you a new set?

RC Enthusiast
    I used the xo-1 front tires on all corners of my brushless buggy, one blew up at around 90 as well.
    But not off the rim, a chunk actually came out of the center. very disappointing for a supposed high speed tire.
    There is definitely a ballooning issue after a certain speed. Sticking to GRP rally tires, never failed me lol

Last edited by fdjizm; 09-11-2012 at 07:23 PM.

RC Qualifier
    im sure there are more ppl getting major use out of them then majority having failed tires .. Ive gone thru 3 set and put them thru all kinds of abuse from hi speed runs to trackin racing to smack curbs at over 80mph and out of 12 differnt rims and tires only one has messed up and thats due to hi speed accident rashing against the concrete skidding for what seems like hundreds of feet .. I have yet to find any better tires for any onroad type of application ..
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

Given the amount of products used and sold there is going to be some parts that make it through with imperfections which result in failure. It's all in the odds; not every piece can be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by chestnutjazz View Post
    Just disappointed that traxxas won't just send me a new set; if the car is advertised to do 100mph, my tires shouldn't be blowing at 90mph.
    I'd be interested to hear if you contacted Traxxas and what they required of you. Not calling you out but there have been a lot of people saying something similar and it later to be revealed what the other side of the story is. I know the times I've contacted them they request that I send in the defective part(s) for review rather than just sending me a new part. Except for the time I had a 2018 servo go out. Their customer service is stellar, however, as with any for-profit business that is out to make money they need to have guidelines to protect themselves. Maybe for the smaller, less expensive items they can ship for free, but I cannot simply call them saying that my 1/16 BL motor quit or my 3.3 engine failed and expect them to send me one no questions asked.

Disclaimer: I am not an employee of Traxxas. They have built up a good name and customer service reputation. I want to make sure that all the facts are laid out and let others make their own decisions based upon them before a bandwagon becomes full.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    I agree with Double G, Traxxas CS is really good, except one time... I jumped my velineon slash in a pool and the ESC blew up, wouldn't warranty it, not waterproof.... lol
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Competitor
    That fdjizm picture looks like damage from the road, not a manufacturing defect. I can see both sides, a "100mph" out of the box car has to stay together, but a tire blasting off the rim is the price you pay. I'd shoot Traxxas a call and see what they say. They can't just send out free stuff to everyone who claims broken parts...

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by chestnutjazz View Post
    Yes, I'm flying!!! Just disappointed that traxxas won't just send me a new set; if the car is advertised to do 100mph, my tires should be blowing at 90mph.
    As you said they SHOULD be

Seriously though, this is an extreme vehicle, with extreme performance, it CAN do 100 MPH but doing 100 MPH in an RC car is something quite extreme and you should expect the unexpected.

I personally would not be shocked if tires blew at 90MPH, even on a vehicle that is advertised as being able to do 100MPH. So if I were Traxxas I'm afraid that I would NOT replace your tires. How is Traxxas CS to know that your tire blew because it was previously damanged or not? A little nick from a bit of glass or imperfection on the road could have been enough to cause it to blew at high speed. This isn't Traxxas' problem I'm afraid.

I personally think that if you are going to be running RC cars at 100 MPH you should assume that things will fail. The X0-1 is the RC equivalent of a top fuel dragster, as extreme as it gets.
    Last edited by cunawarit; 09-18-2012 at 08:38 AM.

RC Racer
    how can you use it without a real drag race track?

but the xo-1 is flipping ffffffaaasssttt

theres a hole in ur tire... just saying...
    Last edited by Double G; 09-18-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: merge