Hybrid View

RC Competitor

What kind of upgrade can i do ?

Ok my slayer is all upgraded but i like to work on it and i want to put more stuff in it ! ..

I Got sway bar
    Spring front and rear 50wt oil in shock
    Proline tire
    Proline rims
    New air filter
    new servo
    new 3.3 engin ... What else ...

I dont have any Aluminium parts on it ...

Sould i put the rear brake? is it valuable? And how is it to install that ?
    Or i sould keep money to buy another basher or some expensive nitro gas?

Nice tires and rims! If you want somthing to do, you can convert your Slayer to Pro specs... You would need these parts to do so...
    3.3 Revo the chassis 5322.....$42.00
    Front drive shaft 5456.....$4.00
    Steering linkage 5341......$3.40

The Slayer Pro 4X4 a-arms
    5931X RF..............$7.50
    5932X LF..............$7.50
    5933X RR..............$7.50
    5934X LR..............$7.50

Also the wheels

5976R Tires & wheels, assembled, glued (S1 ultra-solft offroad
    racing compound) (SCT Split-Spoke satin
    chrome, black beadlock style wheels, Kumho tires,
    foam inserts) (2) (front/rear) ........................................$ 28.00
    5975R Tires & wheels, assembled, glued (S1 ultra-solft offroad
    racing compound) (SCT Split-Spoke, chrome red
    beadlock wheel, BFGoodrich® Mud-Terrain™ T/A®
    KM2 tire, inserts) (2) (front/rear) ..................................$ 28.00

And a new body.

5912 Body, Slayer Pro 4X4 (clear, untrimmed, requires
    painting)/window masks/decal sheets ...........................$ 40.00
    5919 Body, Slayer Pro 4X4, Greg Adler, 4 Wheel Parts (painted,
    decals applied).......................................... .........................................$ 65.00
    5925 Body, Slayer Pro 4X4, Mark Jenkins #25 (painted, decals
    applied) .................................................. ............................................$ 65.00
    5926 Body, Slayer Pro 4X4, Mike Jenkins #47 (painted, decals
    applied) .................................................. ............................................$ 65.00
    5917 Body, Slayer Pro 4X4, Scott Douglas/Mike Oberg (painted,
    decals applied)..........................................

The prices are from Traxxas.com, so most of the parts are over priced. Online stores like Amainhobbies.com and my favorite, Rcplanet.com will have the parts for alot less. Your lhs shop have the parts for the same, or less money. You only need to pick one of the tire and body options, it's just listing the bodys and tires you can get. If you want to go to aluminum parts, you can get some aluminum rockers and shock caps for some bling factor... The rear brake is great if you want to race... it's not really needed for bashing... But if you want to get it, you won't need need the rear brake unless you get the center diff... The rear brake kit is easy to install, but, you can take out the transmission to make it easyer to install if you wanted to, but for the center diff, you have to completly dissasmble the transmission to install the center diff, because it replaces the bottom output gear inside of the trasmission. Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    My body 2.5 can fit on the pro spec converted? And if i bought my chassis ebay the revo aluminium chassis is the same has slayer pro?

RC Qualifier
    yea as long as it's the the extended chassis. it's the same things.

RC Champion
    The bodies will interchange, with mods but it looks weird because the Pro is longer. I would recommend using the pro body with the extended chassis. I just converted a spare revo chassis into a slayer pro and I love it! First nitro car I have that will spin the tires on concrete (I live in the mountains and the Horse Power is hard to make up here). Yes, tire spin is important for me - HAHAHA!
    "WOLF" listed the parts you'll need to convert - I will say, you can find parts in bundles on ebay a bit cheaper. I think i saved about 65$ overall when my conversion.

Rear brake. Unless you have the trans differential, wouldnt benefit you to have a rear break.

You may want to look at buying another basher but then again, if you do, one of your cars will just sit around waiting for you to play with it...trust me on that - I have 8 cars!!

RC Competitor
    Humm my slayer doesnt spin on concret :/ maybe my setting are not good ... Well what did you writ on ebay to see bundle conversion kit?

RC Qualifier
    yea i burnt thro my stock tires before i had one gallon thro my slayer pro.

RC Competitor
    Ok we talk about burt tire before ... my slayer doesnt do that ... maybe it due to the bad low speed needle setings ... at low speed blue smoke coming out from the muffler alot !! like it stay for 5sec on the ground you can see my smoke track ! XD ... they say it suposse to be flush to the carb? ... flush is it the inside ring or the out side?

I just cant remember how to tune this truck ... it kind of hard ... if some one can give me some tips or step to follow will be nice!

Yep! I forget how to tune after a while too... Here is a great guide on how to tune! http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...70#post2451270 Good luck!

Here is the link for tuning. Cannot get simpler than this. It will not happen overnight, but you'll soon get the "a ha!" moment. http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...our-TRX-Engine
    There is the throttle arm that the LSN barrel connects to so that the throttle can be moved in and out. You do not want the LSN all the way out here; you want it to the end of the barrel which is around 1.75 turns from closed.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Ok thanks to evrey one ! :P ill got to the track has soon has possible to tune that beast !

RC Champion
    i would recommend tuning on a hard straight surface....easier to see what the engine is doing

RC Competitor
    Yea i know ! it round pavement track like nascar but little bit smaller ! Pretty sick !

RC Competitor
    I when truh a ton of pivot ball dirt boots ! ... These little tinny boots broke like crazy ! ... when i put my slayer on the ground it seem like it a bit high the pivot ball is at the top of the steering block so it rub when i hit the gas ... any idea how to lower my slayer a bit? or it will solve by converting to the pro setting ? longer a-arm and extended chassis?

RC Qualifier
    i dont even use those dirt boots anymore.. they rip n tear dont work very good so i stopped using them ,i'm glad i did

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckeithnitro View Post
    i dont even use those dirt boots anymore.. they rip n tear dont work very good so i stopped using them ,i'm glad i did

So what you do ? keep removing pivot ball after each run in the sand ... and clean it and oil it ?

RC Qualifier
    when i take out my rc's for a bash i clean them completly everytime i get back home.. no oil on the pivot balls.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckeithnitro View Post
    when i take out my rc's for a bash i clean them completly everytime i get back home.. no oil on the pivot balls.
    Is it good to grease theme?

RC Qualifier
    u could put a big block .28 in it.. center diff kit.. rear brake.. posi diffs lockers.. mip steel axle drives..

I when truh a ton of pivot ball dirt boots ! ... These little tinny boots broke like crazy ! ... when i put my slayer on the ground it seem like it a bit high the pivot ball is at the top of the steering block so it rub when i hit the gas ... any idea how to lower my slayer a bit? or it will solve by converting to the pro setting ? longer a-arm and extended chassis?
    Ya, those little blue pivot ball seals tear really quickly... When (or if) you convert your Slayer to pro specs, it should help it not rub... if you get the progressive 3 rockers it will lower your ride hight, but it will make the handling different... Good luck!

Is it good to grease theme?
    IMO, the pivot balls need some kind of lube, or the aluminum pivot balls will tear the axle carriers apart... But don't use grease, or oil, they will atract dirt, and it will increase wear, not stop it. Just use what I use... A dry lube that won't atract dirt and crap! I use P"blaster dry lube. It just a lube that goes on wet, and dries to a EXTREMLY fine powder, providing lubrication. Hop this helps!
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 09-15-2012 at 09:50 PM.

RC Qualifier
    no lube required on pivot balls!! will not tear up your carriers.. and aluminum pivot balls are weak dont recommend!! if traxxas wanted lube there it would come lubed out out the box, and show u in the manual..
    Last edited by Ckeithnitro; 09-15-2012 at 10:24 PM.

no lube required on pivot balls!! will not tear up your carriers.. and aluminum pivot balls are weak dont recommend!! if traxxas wanted lube there it would come lubed out out the box, and show u in the manual..
    Not all true. They don't need lube, but the lube can make the balls pivot better and last longer ONLY IF use you use a dry lube, not a "wet" lube. Traxxas don't put lube on the pivot balls to save money, because they work just fine will out lube. But they work better with a DRY lube. Same with the transmission gears... You don't need to grease them, but it doesn't hurt anything if you do. Infact, If you grease the gears, it will lube up all of the bearings, keep the OWB clean, and help the shift mechanisim shift sooner from less friction... Granted, the lube (oil or grease) will leak out a little, so if you seal the transmission case with sealant, it won't leak. Problem solved.
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 09-15-2012 at 11:03 PM.

RC Qualifier
    thats ridiculous...

RC Qualifier
    traxxas told u this???? or u just makin it up??

thats ridiculous...
    Maybe, but what I find ridculous is having to replace a worn out part that could have been saved if it was lubed... Just my .02 cents...

traxxas told u this???? or u just makin it up??
    If Traxxas told me that, they would be putting lube in their cars... I didn't make it up, it's what I've figured out what works well and what doesn't over the time span I've had my Slayer. You don't need to worry about needing to lube the tranny or pivot balls, I just do it to help stop wear and tear on my parts.