RC Competitor

Slamming the Slayer

Is there any easy way to lower my Slayer??
    "Haters gonna hate, bashers gonna bash!!"

Easy way is to limit shock travel. The Slayer doesn't give much option other than P3 rockers and Push-rods in the outer holes.

This is extreme, its from my ERBE-gt but even just the blue bumper or 1 or 2 of the pushrod spacers would lower the ride a good chunk.

In my E-Slayer Pro 4x4 build im running 1 of the pushrod spacers.

For comparison, this is how low the chassis gets on my ERBE with the blue spacer and 2 pushrod spacers. The front bumper and rear skid plate have less than 1/2" of clearance.
    Last edited by Cameron; 09-09-2012 at 08:21 PM.
    (RAH) (AH) + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA) + (OOH)(LA)

You can get some softer spings so it sits lower, get some thicker shock oil, and get some p1 rocker arms to make the ride a little lower, so it will make the arm travel shorter/firmer... if that makes any sense... LOL. Here is a link to the p3 rockers... http://www.rcplanet.com/Traxxas_Rock..._p/tra5359.htm If you look at some of the E-Revos, people have made them on road drivers, and because the E-Revo is like the Slayer suspension, most of the tuning is the same. THe most efective thing I've seen people do is use a zip tie to prevent the rockers from expanding... effectivly holeing the rocker together... You can also cut, yes, cut the springs to lower the ride hight, but you will need firmer springs to make it work best. Also, if you make the push rods shorter, it will lower the ride hight alot too. Smaller tires will help lower it too. What kind of surface are you running on? if your running on dirt, a low ride hight will chew up your under side. But a low ride hight is great for carpet... Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 09-09-2012 at 08:15 PM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    you could run really soft springs and high wt shock oil..like double blue springs 90wt double green springs 90wt could try that..

you could run really soft springs and high wt shock oil..like double blue springs 90wt double green springs 90wt could try that..
    Um, I think that would just make it bottom out more... If you cut the push rods, so they were shorter, that would make a HUGE differnce if ride height...

RC Qualifier
    he wants to lower it ,of course its gonna bottom out more..

he wants to lower it ,of course its gonna bottom out more..
    Yes, but with weak springs, it will not push the shock back up quickly enough, and it could bottom out after a jump...