Thread: Traxxas Summit

RC Qualifier

Traxxas Summit

I am on the break of buying a Summit, or at least talking to my Dad about letting me buy one. I figured that since I have the type of terrain the Summit likes, I would have fun with it. I am having a battle in my head though on if I should spend the money on it. I want to so bad though!!! What do you guys think I should do? Do you think if I buy it I will be happy???????????

RC Qualifier
    Yes i do but what is your preference what kind of stuff Are you planing on doing and what car do you have know!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    No one I know whos bought a summit has been disappointed with its performance. Its not cheap, but its a pretty good investment. They hold their value pretty well.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    What About The slash Platinum its 449$ The Slash 4x4 is 500$ I just want to see If you liked anything cheaper thats it But i heard the summit is a Awsome Truck to if you have the money go for it if you want something alittle cheaper with cash left over go for that too but the summit is a good pick it i say a good rc should be able to past this test with like 1 it not be ably to do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=686zk9JOmUg If it does all thoes then you have 1 good rc

RC Qualifier
    I have a Slash 2wd VXL now and I have got the green to buy it from my dad. I have a river bed at my Grandparents House and I also have a rocky hill at my other Grandparents House. Should I get it? Also, how long does UPS ground take if shipping from Stormer Hobbies?

RC Qualifier
    GETTTT ITTT...... LOL you will have fun i promise and about the ups thing i have no idea but i will do some research!!

RC Qualifier
    Should Take 3 days to 2 weeks Guestamation that what i am seeing on google for ground shiping from like places 10 hours away!!

RC Qualifier
    I want it to be here by next Wednesday, but I don't want to pay an extra $70 for shipping.

RC Qualifier
    Sweet. Guess I will just have to seen when it gets here. Gonna tell my Dad and place order in a couple minutes. So Excited!!!

RC Qualifier
    Welcome Hope your happy With your new Truck

RC Qualifier
    I Hope I am TOO!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Just placed an order for the Traxxas Summit. Nothing else I can do now but wait for it to get here and hope it is what everyone says it is. And, if I didn't like it for some reason, the resale price is awesome on them. I will make sure to make a new thread again and post pics of me opening it. I will also make sure to mount my new GoPro on it too!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    You made a good choice man. My summit is the 2nd best RC purchase I ever made next to my trusty stampede. The things a summit can do often blows my mind. If you run it the way its meant to be run, youll love it and youll be impressed with it every time your out. Get some good 8000mah 2S lipos and you can run for nearly 2 hours straight.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    With the batteries that come with it, I will have a total of 4 stock NiMH Batteries that come with it. Instead of a Longboard for my B-Day I could probably get some Lipo Bats and a Charger too.