RC Competitor

Center Diff and Brake

Okay guys, I've been reading posts and ya'll keeping talking about the center diff and rear brake. How does that work and would it be worth getting? My slayer will be used for bashing AND track days until around Christmas, when I'll get a Revo 3.3 for bashing. So lets just say my slayer is going to be a full on track truck. What all do I need to make it that? I know I'm turning it into a pro. So what else? (I know this is a lot, I'm sorry. I just find it easy to ask you guys rather than run to the hobby store every day) (:
    "Haters gonna hate, bashers gonna bash!!"

I'm sorry. I just find it easy to ask you guys rather than run to the hobby store every day) (:
    You don't have to be sorry, questions like that is what this fourm is for! And besides, I enjoy helping people with their Slayers... You don't need to buy anything for the center diff and rear brake kit, but buy them and install them. It will work on your Slayer when you convert it to Slayer Pro specs. It will help on the track from helping to stop "pushing" in the turns, and it helps save your drivetrain if you land a jump full throttle. Here is a link to them! (Where I buy mine anyway...) http://www.rcplanet.com/Traxxas_Cent..._p/tra5414.htm And the rear brake kit... http://www.rcplanet.com/Traxxas_Adju..._p/tra5417.htm Good luck!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Competitor
    That's where I get all my r/c goodies if the local shop doesnt have them! Thanks!
    "Haters gonna hate, bashers gonna bash!!"

RC Competitor
    Is it hard to instal that ? Do i need to buy a slayer pro 3.3 chassis? because i think mine is a 2.5 chassis with 3.3 engin on it ... i dont realy know i bought it use ...

Is it hard to instal that ? Do i need to buy a slayer pro 3.3 chassis? because i think mine is a 2.5 chassis with 3.3 engin on it ... i dont realy know i bought it use ...
    Nope, you don't need to buy the Slayer Pro chassis for the center diff and rear brake... And yes, yours was a 2.5 Slayer, judging from the chassis color. The longer Pro spec ones are blue... The rear brake kit is easy to install, but, you can take out the transmission to make it easyer to install if you wanted to, but for the center diff, you have to completly dissasmble the transmission to install the center diff, because it replaces the bottom output gear inside of the trasmission. Hope this helps!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde