RC poster

New owner, a few issues

I have a few questions for you. I recently picked up a VXL Rally and love the car. I got a new venom NIMH (not ready to go Li-po just yet). The stock battery has died. I picked up the car used and am not surprised. The new battery does not provide the same speed and acceleration as the stock battery. The new battery is a venom 1600. I thought maybe the battery was the issue and swapped it out at the LHS for a new one. Not sure what is going on, however on a full charge, the car is significantly slower than before. I have made certain the ESC is not on training nor li-po mode.

I have also noticed the steering servo is making a weird jittery noise, which I assume is a sign that it is going out. I have not yet pulled it apart to confirm this. Will a failing servo cause poor run time/speed?

Any help is appreciated!

I would unplug the servo... leave it unplugged... and carefully try to see if you have your speed back.
    Whatever it is I just typed... could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    ^^ what he said. I too was resistant to going lipo, but truth be told i wasted a bunh of money on NiMH batts, most of them are the same price as a SPC LiPO, and the lipo is better in every way... just some food for thought
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.